Announcement

Collapse

Ticket System Issues

Dear Players, we are experiencing technical difficulties with the ticket system, tickets may take longer to respond. Thanks for your patience.
See more
See less

HB complaint HOW is it fair S42 fighting agains S1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB complaint HOW is it fair S42 fighting agains S1

how is it fair im S42 n have 2 fight S1 which has more time than me on dis game

plus i have 2 fight him in the first couple of stages i wont get 2 even have a chance on getting second place (NOT fair)

1 more thing he is lvl 60+ why cant s1 fight 60+ players this is total ** no wonder lots of players quit dis game

dis is NOT FAIR GAMING AT ALL i dont want 2 b put agains S1 they should fight amongst themselfs

at this stage, there is not the option for dividing servers into smaller groups such as clusters, that may become a option in the future and that would mean that the players may be fighting other players closer in game age to their own game age...

however that does not mean that the fights will be fairer and more balanced as there will still be the imbalance based around character build, experience with playing, time in game and of course, the ability to spend for items
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

I do know that this topic has been pretty much beaten to death, and please do not ban me from ever voicing my opinion again, but when I see a player in the lvl 40-49 cross server Heroic Battle who is level 60, then I truly do believe that something has become wrong with this picture. The developers of this game need to come up with some way to alleviate this particular issue. Anyway, I just wanted to voice my two cents since this thread was open about the HB. I also don't really agree with the fact that there are just ten servers in one "half" of the HB draw and 24 servers in the other "half". I'd sure like to know how those were determined. Have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

if posts are within the rules, I have no issues with opinions..... but in this case, if players are accused of cheating or being cheaters for playing within the rules, then yes, players face being forum banned.....

the trouble is the devs have made their decision and their ruling is final..... continued and ongoing threads about how the devs should change things, may result in a order to close all threads about the HB level option, something I really do not want to do... but the issue would be the accusations of cheating, R2 games do not care and the devs should fix posts would have reached the point of spamming because it would be mostly the same players starting the same threads over and over again......

all I know about the split, is that its being done for testing purposes and information collecting rather than in game / player benefit.... thats normal when the devs are looking at future options in regards to cross server clusters and merges....

Comment

dis is totally unfair s42 wasnt need to b in the tiger war zone

we should b on the dragon war zone that is more FAIR than putting US with server like S1

Comment

Then don't close them. Hear them out. They say that it's legal for players to level after registering, but the majority are frowning upon such. Clearly, there is something broken even though they aren't "cheating", but it is broken. Now, thankfully, I haven't gotten into any challenges with any Clifford the Big Red Dog* players within my server because we kept a tight ship on how we dictate our HB fights when we want things to be fair. In fact, we got a lone lvl 60 (in the 60-69) who won uncontested because he leveled up too fast to stay within his 50-59 brethren. That's how the system supposed to work, and people should have to know the repercussions of power-leveling during registration; if they wanted to take that route or hold until the event is done and over with. This was decided by the server as a whole, and not through one person or guild.

So yes, if people are frowning upon such, they have that right to voice their opinion in the hopes the devs would consider looking at the event closely; possibly making some adjustments. I, myself, don't care much for the cross-server HB because my units aren't ready yet. In fact, I didn't even know that if I had won the elimination rounds in-server, that I am automatically registered for the cross-server one as well; so it's a bonus. If threads are being closed for the same topic over and over again, then (for me) it's a good indication to have it checked. So far, in the threads I had read on this subject (as well making my own last month), player complaints are circling around those who power-level/upgrade while registered in the event. Might be other factors, but this is what I come up with.

But, I also side with the mods when I say that we, the forum members and players, must come forth with constructive posts as well. Saying that a player is cheating without a detailed explanation is pretty much slander and is against any and all gaming forum rules. I have been a mod in a different developer's gaming site, so I know somewhat the general rules; each forum will always be different, but there are common ones that we all need to follow. I understand that everyone gets frustrated with such, but we got to learn how to make posts that won't be red-flagged for closure or deletion.

I thank you all for your time. Merry Christmas.

*-Clifford the Big Red Dog is a HUGE red dog that sticks out like a sore thumb in front of the smaller dogs. In the gaming world, it's an uber-high/uber-strong player that doesn't belong in the same group as the normal average players. In the real world of sports competition (running), that's like putting a marathon runner in a 5k race; that runner is going to win because everyone knows he runs marathons. Another example is putting a Formula 1 car in a street race with Japanese Imports; they won't have a chance.

Comment

The players have had a voice about the issue for about 4 months, the R2s supported the players, the Devs made a ruling... I have bent the rules in favor of the players in the forums so they could have their opinion. http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....=1#post1122357 but the resulting behievour in the forums and the need to forum ban players, resulted in me getting into a heated argument with R2 serrin in favor of the players and I lost because I could not defend rule breaking behievour in the forums.....

now to be honest, I really just want to follow R2 serrins rules to the letter because I am tired of being ignored every month and having to ban players that insist on causing issues in the forums even if their concerns are valid concerns.... and thats not fair on the players that posted opinions that were well within the rules, targeted nobody and did not give R2 serrin another reason to come looking for me again.

Comment

Let me be one in thanking you for standing up for the players. I remembered going to bat for them on the other gaming site because not only because I can get in touch with the staff/developers at a moment's notice, but I do so in a convincing manner that I have a 95% win rate. The other 5% was due to situations that are out of developer control, like giving free advanced remotes because it was leaked out that an earlier version (always on a Chinese server before it hits everywhere else) gets them as free.

I am all for balance in the game. Hence why my suggestions will try to focus on such. I am also thoroughly detailed and sometimes will nearly write a book of my gatherings as a few sentences don't even cut it (yeah, the Quality Assurance tech is still in me).

Anyways, I know the players are still having an issue on this very subject (as well with 3v3 and 8v8). As I have said, I didn't care much for inter-server HB because, well, I know that I will be facing players that are uber high for my tastes, especially on lower numbered servers (or older ones in this case). I had won a few and lost a few in that stage. For our in-server HB, we made sure that everyone's fair because majority of us always look at the leaderboard rankings after reset (particularly on the Arena, BR, and Fortitude). All players work together on that project because we know it can get hectic for the developers, hence I don't make a fuss about it.

Comment

Kitwritten.

A bracket limit is not going to achieve a balanced HB. Players use the guise of balanced and fair gameplay as a distraction. The heart of the matter is that players want to increase their own odds of winning or accomplishing a better position.
                  To accomplish that, players come up with the idealology that increased gains to oneself and the removal of potential opponents, will achieve this heaven of fair play for all.

That is utter horse manure.

Removal of all opponents over level 49, give more options to players that are not supporting the game financially, limit the servers to 10 servers. Oh dear, a player has level sat and spent well, let us suggest a BR cap as well. Remove as many potential opponents to ensure our own personal victories in HB.

Note to R2 games, please do not make any changes that would affect our own personal gains in BR. The goal is to remove all potential opponents, reducing the field to anybody lower than ourselves. That is the idea of balanced and fair gameplay for the majority.

Players have a expectation of winning by any means. Players that can spend more money, play the game better, maintain a level, will have the advantage. Let them enjoy their superiority over the rest of the server for they have gained that right with gameplay that can be a example to players. They are not the reason that players quit. Players will quit because the other person has outplayed them and the Developers have the common sense not to bow down and change the game into some pathetic version of Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Please R2 games and Developers, do not change SB into a watered down pillow fight, it challenges players to think about why they play the game and how players have become dependent on games that allow them to win.
                  Last edited by Reality_of_Illusion; 12-20-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

ill tell u a secret,
                    CSHB or HB are not fair to begin with. in local hb i fought second most stronger person in the server. in cshb i will fight s34 with 1.5m br opponent, half a million more br than me, if i can get to the next rounds. im s13 fyi.
                    doesnt matter what server u are. the stronger always win. period.

so leave it be. start workin on ur char for next HB, instead of thinking about how fair a browser based MMO nowadays. lol

regards
                    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

I did notice that the Dragon War Zone looks really empty...there's only 2 servers in it...it needs more servers being the newer ones. (if that's how it's supposed to work)

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                      ill tell u a secret,
                      CSHB or HB are not fair to begin with. in local hb i fought second most stronger person in the server. in cshb i will fight s34 with 1.5m br opponent, half a million more br than me, if i can get to the next rounds. im s13 fyi.
                      I think CSGW will be the same too, but we should just take any loss in stride and prepare for next time.
                      Shadowbound
                      [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
                      [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
                      League of Angels
                      [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

correct, new servers are used to increase the server base for merges and allow expansion of areas like the war zones so that there will be a point that there will be 3-4 war zones.... its why it amuses me that players oppose the opening of new servers when its part of trying to create the smaller server age ratio for events and increase the speed at which brackets for 3v3 and 8v8 can be considered, which is what the players want us to do......

Comment

Originally posted by XrosSlash View Post
                          ill tell u a secret,

so leave it be. start working on ur char for next HB, instead of thinking about how fair a browser based MMO nowadays. lol

regards
                          I agree, work on your Hero be for next HB, it wont get you a win per-say, but you can be proud of the fact that you worked so hard , I'm from S39 and I'm lvl 59 i could of very easy been 70+ if i wanted to rush in levels, but LEVELING SLOW, makes it much easier for you to come out on top I believe if you slow down, and work on you're gems, Astrals, Mercs , Mount, Pet, wings and Aid spots by going to MP purgatory, and the new soul system , you will get there! slow is better then a rush,
                          Wartunes - Server [21] - CharName : Cookieâ„¢ Status : Retired
                          DragonPals - Server [S30] - CharName : Azlam Status : Retired
                          Shadowbound - Server [S39] - CharName : Earadessaâ„¢ Status : Playing

Comment

I like how people say "by any means". So, if we were to have a sprint race, and we're evenly matched because of what the people had seen, then all of a sudden I decided to take some performance enhancers (secretly) and I had won the race, it would not be fair for you or anyone else that competed, now would it? Same concept with this HB, and why we kept tabs on ours when dealing in-server. Cross-Server HB we don't care about as we know there will always be that blockade and if we break through, then we break through; if not, no worries.

I stand behind the motto, "work for and earn your victories" when I play any game. If I like easy wins, I would have played Farmville instead where I can gain it all without all the leg work. As the other poster had mentioned, "might as well call it 'give the prize to the highest BR' event", in a different thread that was shown to me. If you place a restriction of level where a person cannot level beyond a registered bracket, then I am sure the complaints will die down somewhat, and only thing players will have face are opponents who are stronger in terms of being paying players with their toys, which is fair in my case. I cannot say to do something with the cross-server one because gathered from what I read it looks like a total random thing that probably needs to be worked on to be perfected; in time of course.

Comment

Respectfully sir while I usually find your comments lucid and thoughtful this time I must disagree with you about your performance enhancing drug comparison. In a real life race performance enhancing drugs are illegal and not allowed but in this game these so-called performance enhancing drugs ARE allowed and therefore are not considered cheating.

Therefore any attempt at all to classify players who purchase diamonds and then upgrade their character as such is completely irrelevant. buying foom diamonds and upgrading one's character are a part of this game it always will be. So for you to sit up there on your high horse and say all our server all agreed you know to play within the "rules" is a little bit far fetched in my humble opinion. Furthermore since all players have the same opportunity to upgrade their characters beyond the initial level range in the heroic battle this entire discussion is completely moot in my opinion.
                              Last edited by Queensporsche; 12-20-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X