Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Training - Any guides out there?

as the title says..just looking for some info on how it works

You get pills and shards from Heroic Challenges.

Open up soul interface (the first icon on the bar with the small buttons), if you don't have any souls use any shards gained from farming Heroic Challenge (no relation to Heroic Battle) to buy souls, use soul training pills to train souls.
    Shadowbound
    [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
    [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
    League of Angels
    [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

Nice "Guide" there, Solariai. lol. I am tempted to make a couple of guides myself, but I'm not an expert at the screenshot capability required to make a good, clear, concise explanation. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are confused and who don't even know what souls, soul shards or soul training pills are or what they are used for. I am working on it so I may create something explaining the soul system in the future, if no one does. Until then, here's a bit of an explanation.

First, to access the soul system you must reach level 60. (sorry, campers, you'll need to Rise and Shine to get these)

The soul system is accessed by selecting the blue soul button to the left of the Forge button in the bottom left of your screen. Once there, you'll see the "Heroic Challenge" button at the top. Click there to beat various mercenaries. You will have 20 total attempts per day and one free reset. Completing the challenge will reward you with Soul Training Pills with which you can upgrade your souls later. You will also obtain Soul Shards by completing Heroic Battle. Click the green "Swap" button to spend these soul shards on new souls, or on accessories or upgrade materials for your souls.

There are five basic common Souls. I'm not going to fully explain them here, just mouse over each type of soul while in the interface to see what they do and what their different strengths and attacks are. You want to pair your PATK souls with your PATK mercs, and MATK souls with MATK mercs or main character. Every merc can have souls, as well as your main character. Once your souls are active, they will increase your overall stats and during battle they will sometimes activate their "Ultimate Skill" a special attack that usually will happen last during a battle round.

There are also other souls that are Epic that are rewards during events. They exist, which is why I'm mentioning them, but don't worry about them. They start as epic so you won't have to waste any Soul Upgrade Pills on them until you're ready to take them to Legendary.

You will use your soul training pills that you received from Heroic Challenge to train your Souls. Each soul begins as Common and may be upgraded every ten levels to Uncommon, Rare, epic or Legendary. Use Soul Training Pills to train, Soul Upgrade Pills to upgrade to the various levels.

There are 3 slots for souls for each merc. I'm level 65 so I can open the first two boxes. I do not know at what level the 3rd one opens. If someone knows, please let us know. Choose a soul you want to be your primary Soul for each merc and then you can also choose a sub-soul for the second slot. As each of them level up they will add stats to your party and provide extra attacks based on their level and abilities.

To Train your soul, once it is equipped on the merc you want, left click on it and select "train". You will see that soul's current stats as well as what horcruxes are equipped to it. The Horcruxes are simply additional items that you can purchase with soul shards that will add various stats to your souls. Each Soul may equip 3 horcruxes. Common souls can equip 1, Rare can equip 2 and your soul must be Epic to equip 3 horcruxes. The horcruxes are also found in the "Swap" menu. Equip them by clicking the "equip horcrux" button above the 3 horcrux boxes in the training menu.

You may also Meld souls, similar to how you meld skills for your pet. If you have souls of a type that you no longer want or need you may meld them into your primary soul of the same type. That soul's experience then gets added to your primary soul to help it level up.

For Upgrading your souls, which is different from training, you will need the Soul Upgrade Pills. These are obtained from the Swap menu and will be used to take your soul from Common to Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary along the way.

I think those are the basics and should be enough for anyone to begin using the soul system successfully. I have found the souls' attacks very beneficial and have sometimes won a battle because a soul attacked last and finished off my opponent when I was almost dead. It's a useful system and I thank the game developers for implementing it.
      Last edited by Queensporsche; 01-15-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

How close Queens, only one char left on both sides, both with a sliver of life left?

I don't understand why even though they released this system as something to look forward to leveling up, people still really want to camp. The level unlocked features add strength to main and mercs too.
        Shadowbound
        [S19] Bahold Castle - Solaria Luna - Warrior - Lv75
        [S75] Secret Sanctum - Hunter - Lv38
        League of Angels
        [s147/ua25] Thane of Winter Sorceror - Lv79

That being said character names in games I play is Solariai

Comment

Originally posted by Solariai View Post
          How close Queens, only one char left on both sides, both with a sliver of life left?

I don't understand why even though they released this system as something to look forward to leveling up, people still really want to camp. The level unlocked features add strength to main and mercs too.
          atleast it makes a gap. i love it. so lower level player will not easily match my power when they decided to move up.

i hope theres more like this in future.
          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Originally posted by Solariai View Post

]
            Very close, just like you said, each with sliver of life left. I saw the blue pentagon graphic effect of the Soul and it killed the other character just as I thought I was not gonna make it.

Comment

does the soul quality carry over when you meld them? If i meld a common soul as the primary soul and add a legendary soul as the secondary, will common soul inherit the legendary quality of the secondary soul?

Comment

soul quality does not carry over. The only thing that does is the exp gained by the sub soul you are merging. So if you were going to merge souls make sure the one with the better quality is the one receiving and not giving.
                Mortem_Obire s19
                Hunter lv 80

Comment

Glad you get 20 attempts per day, I only get 10. Is there something I am doing wrong?
                  Kazzabom S22

Comment

you have to be lvl 65+ so you can do two levels of HC, basically you should do it so you have lvl 65 open, then do the whole of lvl 65, then when you finish 65, you click the arrow to go back to lvl 60 rather than reset, this will give you 10 more attempts, so it ends up being 16 attempts at it rather than 10.

it's not the clearest explanation so if someone else want to explain it, feel free.

Comment

let said you are on lv 65 HC , You have finished all steps and you want to reset steps . DONT DO THAT .

ShadowBound ÅŸeytan S89

Crystal Saga askitom S38

Comment

Should I concentrate on upgrading the primary soul, or is there a point where I should stop upgrading the primary soul and start upgrading the sub souls?

Comment

you need to work on all 3 becuse they give more state its better to have 3 .40 then only 1 50
                          :cool:(hardy$boy) server 73:cool:

Comment

Working...
                          X