This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB AFK fail

If I set my afk on WB, and then browse somewhere else (like this forum), I often return to check on my afk progress and find myself sitting in the middle of the room, not moving.

<screenshot of me not moving> (use your imagination).

If I remain on the browser (somewhat defeating the purpose of AFK), it almost never fails. If I alt-tab off my browser or use a different tab of my browser, it usually fails, though not every time.

Workaround: don't AFK much in WB

- dboon
    S1

its a browser issue where the player clicks, the afk image changes on the screen but the click is not transmitted to the server so the server does not change the player to AFK mode

opening or actively using a second browser window can cause the click to be resent to the server, ending the afk but the player still appears to have the afk active in their browser window.

I have been able to duplicate it multiple times...as I have a multiple monitor computer system I have been able to test and confirm that the issue does not happen of a second browser or browser window is opened on a monitor that the game is not on.
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

This is a very strange explanation. How is the first paragraph in your answer not a bug? Is the AFK not properly set ONLY when you open a second browser? That would still be a bug, albeit a strange one. It doesn't really present a good workaround either. Can anything be done to make WB AFK easier, it seems like a simple concept that works fine in TG.

Comment

The AFK mode is working fine and works as it is supposed to.... the issue is the usage of a second browser window. thats not a bug with the game, it indicates a issue at the players end, and something that I confirmed by testing multiple scenerios over the time frame of 6 weeks.

Also testing by the devs has confirmed the same findings..... its not a issue the devs can fix as its not happening on the server, its influenced by player usage of their own computer and browser.

there is no way to code the server to ignore any clicks coming from a players computer while they have a second window up and open while in AFK mode

Comment

Why does this only happen in World Boss and not Training Grounds?

Comment

because WB is different to training grounds. the issue that affects training grounds is a time ( browser / computer issue ) or connection issue ( multiple causes from players computer, connection, isp, server issues etc )

Comment

There is no issue affecting TG, it is fine, and I have never heard anybody complain about it. I have heard many people complain about WB AFK not working, you've admitted that it's fairly easy to reproduce, and while it may not be an easy thing to fix, I'm not buying that it is "working fine and works as it is supposed to". I appreciate you attempting to answer, and partially explaining, but please don't move on to the "not a priority" excuse - I probably agree.

<Edited for typo>

Comment

Not using a browser = no issue, using a browser may= issue, using a browser on a second monitor = no issue......

source of issue found = browser ... solution is to A) use a different browser or b) do not use a browser.

Saying to the devs that they need to fix the AFK button because a click signal is not being sent correctly from a players computer because of browser usage, is not going to impress them at all

Comment

Working...
                X