This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of lag and dc'ing in server 62

Well, like the title says. But i have had problems ever since the last update, and some other players have it aswell. I get dc'd up to 3 times in an hour, and the game is very laggy almost all the time. I am not using miniclient, and my net connection is fine aswell. I hope you can find a solution to this, and thank you in advance

Originally posted by CaylusSensai View Post
    Well, like the title says. But i have had problems ever since the last update, and some other players have it aswell. I get dc'd up to 3 times in an hour, and the game is very laggy almost all the time. I am not using miniclient, and my net connection is fine aswell. I hope you can find a solution to this, and thank you in advance
    Happening on Kong server as well. It's definitely a game issue. Flash is up to date, windows is up to date, great internet connection, but it happens on any browser I use. The game hangs, lags, and freezes mid load and in the middle of events, causing my to have to refresh every ten minutes or so. I know multiple people on my server are having the same problem. Before you ask, it's an impossible issue to screenshot.

Comment

Yeah I had that same problem on 70 where I click on certain icons and the load box comes up slow sometimes locking it up. I had to refresh in the middle of a cata run as I wanted to change my talisman. Good thing I didn't lose the attempt, but something like this needs to be seriously addressed since my cata run was at the very end and not beginning, which translates to time lost.
      YES!!! You can equip wings (besides the recharge ones) before you hit lvl 40. Save up 70k daily points to craft your first Eagle Wing set and equip. Enjoy.
      Thunderdome: Two Enter. One Leaves. SM Aeos Kaiju Shadowbound's Resident Sky Mercenary Kommander (Hunter) of s70
      RIP Serrin. You will be missed dearly.
      I am going through a rough time, so I am not going to be on very much. I am buying a house.

Comment

this is a issue that is being reported in other games as well so its not a SB issue.... it may well be connected to the recent MS windows updates that apparently been creating the same types of issues on other non R2 games

so I would suggest that players do basic computer maintenance ( clear cache, flash cache, flush dns, reboot then defrag ) and see if that helps..

not all players are having the issues, it appears to be predominately players running the US version of windows 7 and 8... but not windows XP or vista.. and the issue does not appear to be affecting non US versions of windows.
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
          this is a issue that is being reported in other games as well so its not a SB issue.... it may well be connected to the recent MS windows updates that apparently been creating the same types of issues on other non R2 games

so I would suggest that players do basic computer maintenance ( clear cache, flash cache, flush dns, reboot then defrag ) and see if that helps..

not all players are having the issues, it appears to be predominately players running the US version of windows 7 and 8... but not windows XP or vista.. and the issue does not appear to be affecting non US versions of windows.
          Cache cleared, instances reset, and all the hub-bub and it is still doing it. So it's not at our end. In fact, I had to reboot it twice and the kicker is I haven't updated in about 2 months.
          Last edited by Moonraker.Inc; 04-19-2015, 02:59 AM. Reason: added the other parts to the post.
          YES!!! You can equip wings (besides the recharge ones) before you hit lvl 40. Save up 70k daily points to craft your first Eagle Wing set and equip. Enjoy.
          Thunderdome: Two Enter. One Leaves. SM Aeos Kaiju Shadowbound's Resident Sky Mercenary Kommander (Hunter) of s70
          RIP Serrin. You will be missed dearly.
          I am going through a rough time, so I am not going to be on very much. I am buying a house.

Comment

I did not say it would fix it.....and it does not rule out a issue at the players end.......

the information I have at the moment from this thread..... lots of players affected on S62, S70 and kong ( 3 players reporting )
            in the middle of catacombs ( what catacombs )
            disconnections ( no mention of a disconnection window or not )
            lag

yes I take the issue seriously but I have nothing to report to the techs.....

Comment

I did not say it would fix it.....and it does not rule out a issue at the players end.......

the information I have at the moment from this thread..... lots of players affected on S62, S70 and kong ( 3 players reporting )
              in the middle of catacombs ( what catacombs )
              disconnections ( no mention of a disconnection window or not )
              lag

yes I take the issue seriously but I have nothing to report to the techs.....
              C'mon, Kit. Really? As already stated, this is something that cannot possibly be screenshotted. It happens when trying to do ANYTHING. I've had the loading screen pop up and hang/lag/dc while doing the following things (and this is just off the top of my head): Opening my gear bag, entering cata, fighting a cata boss, playing in crusades, attempting to enter the Treasure Cove, in the middle of cloudwinder, in the middle of heroic battles, opening the hot events screen, opening the guild wars menu. The list goes on. In addition, one time I opened my gear bag and almost all the gear within it was invisible or greyed out - you could see the outline of an item, but not actually see the item. In every instance, a refresh is required, but often does not fix the issue right away. There have been times when I refresh and it takes 5 refreshes in a row before the game will actually load because it gets stuck on the load screen. If it doesn't stick on that screen, then the screen blacks out and there's an icon asking me to get Adobe Flash Player.

I don't know how much more information we can give you to actually talk to your people. You're getting reports that something is wrong, where nothing was wrong before, and the problem is us? You won't report it because we aren't being technical enough?

I have a very sophisticated rig. The problem started two days ago. I then updated Windows. The problem persists. I uninstalled and reinstalled flash and java. I updated my chrome settings to re-enable NPAPI, even though this is a flash game. I have cleared caches and ensured that my computer is operating at peak performance. I have an SSD drive. I have top of the line internet speed, broadband 150 down. This game is the ONLY performance issue I am having with my pc.

Comment

telling me something is wrong, is not telling me what is going on...... since you have mentioned the items issues, then yeah a screenshot of that, can be very helpful because its the first thing the devs will ask for..... because thats a clear issue that you can get a screenshot of...... and its not me setting the rules for bug reports, its the devs because they got sick of bug reports with incomplete information or issues they could not duplicate and screenshots proved that there was really a issue .....

the information you just posted, tells me immediately its one of 3 things, either a corruption in the flash player cache ( clearing flash cache can fix that ) a corrupted flash player install ( very possible and looks to be part of the issue because invisible, greyed out gear are normally graphics rendering issues..) or its a software conflict ( also very likely ).....

I can take the issue to the devs but the moment I mention issues with get adobe flash player messages.... they are going to tell me to tell you to fix your flash player because its a user install, the game and server does not use flash player, the server sends information to your computer that your install of flash player, then renders into graphics.....

you mention chrome which is a browser that is notorious for this type of issues......the other is firefox..... so try something like comodo dragon ( secure dns server ) or even better cyberfox with its 4 32 and 64 bit intel and amd versions which is a very stable browser.....so we can rule out browser and plugin issues...

I would update IE, download flash player with that ( active x version ) and then do the same with another fresh browser install other than chrome ( non IE version of flash player and reboot.... both versions can run on a system at the same time......there is more than 2 versions of flash player, there is 6 versions and they are regional so do not use a vpn or proxy when you download flash player.... completely remove all versions of flash player with the flash player uninstall tool and then run something like Ccleaner free version and make sure that the systems clean.......

Comment

telling me something is wrong, is not telling me what is going on...... since you have mentioned the items issues, then yeah a screenshot of that, can be very helpful because its the first thing the devs will ask for..... because thats a clear issue that you can get a screenshot of...... and its not me setting the rules for bug reports, its the devs because they got sick of bug reports with incomplete information or issues they could not duplicate and screenshots proved that there was really a issue .....

the information you just posted, tells me immediately its one of 3 things, either a corruption in the flash player cache ( clearing flash cache can fix that ) a corrupted flash player install ( very possible and looks to be part of the issue because invisible, greyed out gear are normally graphics rendering issues..) or its a software conflict ( also very likely ).....

I can take the issue to the devs but the moment I mention issues with get adobe flash player messages.... they are going to tell me to tell you to fix your flash player because its a user install, the game and server does not use flash player, the server sends information to your computer that your install of flash player, then renders into graphics.....

you mention chrome which is a browser that is notorious for this type of issues......the other is firefox..... so try something like comodo dragon ( secure dns server ) or even better cyberfox with its 4 32 and 64 bit intel and amd versions which is a very stable browser.....so we can rule out browser and plugin issues...

I would update IE, download flash player with that ( active x version ) and then do the same with another fresh browser install other than chrome ( non IE version of flash player and reboot.... both versions can run on a system at the same time......there is more than 2 versions of flash player, there is 6 versions and they are regional so do not use a vpn or proxy when you download flash player.... completely remove all versions of flash player with the flash player uninstall tool and then run something like Ccleaner free version and make sure that the systems clean.......

Meant to mention earlier. I have tried it with both Chrome and Firefox. The issue is the same with BOTH browsers. I will not use IE; that's not an option, so don't even suggest it. Telling me that I should completely alter everything in my system when it worked fine until the last game update is ludicrous. There is no user issue here. The problem was occurring both before AND after I updated and reinstalled flash, windows updates, etc. In fact, the ONLY thing that has changed for me is the fact that the GAME updated. As I have already stated, I have already cleared caches. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled flash (as well as java, just to cover all my bases). My graphics drivers, both Intel and NVdia, are up to date. It is incredibly frustrating for us as players that every time an issue arises - which always coincides with game version updates or something similar - the blame is placed on us. It is perhaps more frustrating that you seem to ignore when we tell you we have already tried your proposed "fixes." I told you that I updated and reinstalled everything and that it did not help. You ignored that. Not everything is a user error. Whether it is an issue with the game or flash itself, the problem is NOT on my end.

Comment

nobody is ignoring you.... I am going on the information you provided.....

now I have asked for screenshots of the items issue so I have something for the developers..... I see no screenshot to show them a issue so they can verify that there is not a issue at the server end....... where are they ??????

if you want to claim its a server end iissue, give me something to show the issue other than details about your computer which I do not need because they are no use to me or the devs....

I still have nothing from kong and R2 players showing any issues on the servers....

Comment

nobody is ignoring you.... I am going on the information you provided.....

now I have asked for screenshots of the items issue so I have something for the developers..... I see no screenshot to show them a issue so they can verify that there is not a issue at the server end....... where are they ??????

if you want to claim its a server end iissue, give me something to show the issue other than details about your computer which I do not need because they are no use to me or the devs....

I still have nothing from kong and R2 players showing any issues on the servers....

Explain to me how I am supposed to screenshot a loading screen or lag? You took ONE thing I said - the gear opening issue, which happened exactly once - and ignored everything else. How is a screenshot supposed to show the devs that extreme lag and freezing is occurring when the screenshot is, itself, a frozen moment in time? Showing a screenshot of my loading screen when trying to login, or of a loading screen in cata, or anything else, will look exactly the same as a screenshot taken by someone who screenshotted the game and was having zero issues. You have had several people report on this issue. You've had someone even post another thread about it. Yet, you persist on asking for screenshots. Screenshots are useless here. Just take us seriously, for once, and fix it.

Comment

I asked for screenshots with the items.... NOT the loading screen..... you said that you have greyed out items and items not showing......

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....nt-Info-needed
                        Last edited by Kitwritten; 04-19-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X