Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

speed of character and merc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed of character and merc

i don't understand... i have a higher speed than his merc but they HIT me first... they NOT USING A INVISIBITY TALISMAN... BUT STILL THEY HIT ME FIRST..
    KINDLY FIX THISSSSSSSSS................

it depends on what talismans both teams use
    :cool:(hardy$boy) server 73:cool:

Comment

the only talisman that would make a difference in speed is invisibility. As to the speed issue just because you have a higher speed you are not guaranteed to attack first every time.
      ModReaver Shadowbound mod

Comment

I don't understand why we have speed if both have chances to start the battle...

Comment

Pay attention to your speed (main character only, since merc speed is adjusted in strange ways) and their speed in Crusades (via mouse-over during setup). There seems to be a random speed factor applied of approximately 500 (rough guess, it could also be a percentage).
          In other words, I noticed that if my opponents speed was within 500 of mine, they would sometimes go first.

Comment

Having the highest speed does not always guarantee who hits 1st, at 80-89 level i have seen players with 7-800 speed less than me hit 1st at times but i have also hit 1st vs quicker opponents than me so i dont complain, if the game was as predictable as the player with 1001 speed hitting the guy with 999 speed 100% of the time i think it would be fairly boring....in pvp it offers slower players hope or a chance or luck aiding them it also adds some doubt in the quicker players mind as he/she knows that he/she might not hit 1st

Its best to setup your mercs/main be reasonably close to each other regarding speed as if your quickest doesnt go 1st then the 2nd,3rd might follow some sequence...sometimes its not always best to hit 1st thats where the "speed management" comes in but we'll leave that convo for another day
            Exe s14 Warrior

Comment

high level warrior speed is easy:
              Main - max
              Debuff (e.g. Elder Nol) - some
              The rest - none

Comment

Originally posted by dboon View Post
                Main - max
                The rest - none
                High level warrior speed is not easy, no speed buffs so its much harder to keep up than the mage/hunter....i wouldnt reccommend anyone to max speed on a warrior unless they can do it simply for the purpose of a one off battle in HB....afterall once you craft you cant get it back, some think that having the warrior at max and mercs with 2-3k less is the best way to go but thats ok vs your average noob but not so good when you are taking the chance of taking all your opponents hits and hope that you are still standing...regarding HB which is mainly what i am referring to or in local arena you would prob need to be able to adjust speed and who hits 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th per opponent similar in size to you...most play warrior because they think once they get sanctuary and start putting every item of speed into the warrior that they will win always and the game is easy but ShadowBound is more about the mercs in your team, the warrior is simply a pawn that allows you to take control of a battle, the mercs in your formation will win it for you....so the point of all this is to treat your mercs as team members and not slaves that you can drain to the point of death when your warrior needs a buff.

Originally posted by dboon View Post
                Main - max
                The rest - none
                warrior max speed, nol half speed, 2 hitters + support no speed =
                Exe s14 Warrior

Comment

Working...
                X