A guide for new Knights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide for new Knights.

I have seen a number of Knights on the server I play on struggle, thought I would try and help people out. I have not done a lot of cashing, yet I keep up quite well with those on my server that have. Plus with running 1 skill page, have not had any issues with NM versions of MPD's, and made it to 97 of catacombs before had a Sylph and when it was still all the Eye after the 50th floor. Some I did before the recent patch that made it so slow doesn't work on most NM bosses. Have not made it to 80 yet so will not be able to comment on adv skills, currently at lv 75 and been leveling fairly quick. Before I get into some Knight specific things, going to go over a couple of things that effect every character.

General Tips
    There are certain items you need to hold onto for events, and the sooner you do that the better off you are. As something I have noticed is that if you do save them for events, you tend to end up with more of the items for the next time the same event rolls up. Currently those items are Soul crystals, Mount Training Whips, Speculum, Mahra, and Lv 4-Lv7 Gems. Specifically for the gems, you want to be able to synth as many lv5 to lv8 gems during the event, so don't synth those level of gems unless an event is going on for them.

Guild skills. I can't stress this one enough, this is where the majority of your Guild Contribution should be going until they are all capped. Best order I found is Gold, Power or Intelligence depending on class, Endurance, then Armor and Charisma. Then finally the other one of Power or Intelligence that doesn't apply to your character much. So for Knights, it would be in this order, Gold -> Power -> Endurance ->Armor -> Charisma -> Intelligence, and you don't touch intelligence unless all the others are capped out and guild tower is not going to be raised soon.

Academy. This is another big one I have seen people miss, First things to focus on are your Hero stat researches, and troop count. After that work on Troop attack, Defenses and HP. Having your academy kept up can mean a 10,000 BR difference later on.

There are also some specific daily events, that do need to be done daily all the time, Catacombs and Jewel Hunt are the first big ones like this. Tower of Kings, is a good one to do daily until you have the mount. Free Fate stone wheel spin is another one to do daily when it opens up.

The most important piece of advice I can give, is try and find a group of people you can run you daily multiplayer events with consistently. Ideally these people will share similar playtimes. The whole point of this is to make sure you are getting your events done daily. Don't shun others that need help, but also don't put yourself in a position where you have to hope to get help in order to complete your stuff, as everyone's time is limited and later events take more and more coordination.

The last general one I can give is decide on if you want to slow level or fast level before make a character. If you are going to slow level, I recommend picking an older established server to play on, while if going to fast level, pick a newer server as you want to try and stay in the top positions as long as possible. Just keep in mind a server merge can easily change what position you are in greatly. For the slow levelers, reason I say pick an older established server, is you are already behind on the time related grinds so if you pick an older server you don't have to wait til people can help you clear dungeons at whatever level you are planning on stopping at, and can take advantage of established guilds for easier legend stone gathering, and higher guild skills sooner.

Now on to Knight specific stuff.

Knight Overview

So you decided to make a Knight or are interested in making one, first things to know is Knights have some nice single target damage, and are able to shrug off a lot of damage. Though if you
    are looking for a class that excels in dealing damage without a lot of cash or time invested, Knights are not for you. In Multi Player Dungeons(MPDs) your first priorty the majority of the time is soaking up damage for your team as efficiently as possible, Damage is secondary. Since your main focus is on soaking up damage for your team, in MPDs and other group events, pay attention to the monsters attack pattern, just about every boss has a set attack pattern, that lets you know when to use your shields, and also can help your mages and archers know when to use key skills like Purification, Blessed Light and Scatter shot.

Key stats to focus on for a Knight are P.atk, M.def, P.def, HP. Block and Crit come into play later, and the stats to focus on change up at different times of the game.

Knight Skills

First off, you skill build will depend a lot on if you can run two skill pages or not. There are 2 main ones that you will see. One focused on the bottom tree, and one focused on the top tree. I will cover
    these and the one I used after over-viewing the skills themselves. Will start with the active skills, you get to use 5 at most at any given time.

Slasher is your main generator of Rage and one you will use often. Extra points in it only increase its damage, so don't expect the extra rage to go up.

Ultimate Slasher, is a very nice damage skill as it helps focus damage on low health targets. The fact that it targets lowest HP target, makes it very useful as you want to quickly reduce the number of enemies you face.

Delphic Destroyer, costs a lot of rage for a good amount of damage to one target. It has two main uses, burst damage and a way to dump rage when don't need it for other skills.

Whirlwind, it is your one Area of Effect skill prior to getting advanced skills at 80, works well in helping clear out the trash monsters in dungeons.

Enhanced Delphic Destoryer, its the same thing as Delphic Destroyer, just more damage, uses more rage, and has a chance to refund some rage after use.

Intercept, this is a PvP skill, it is not used for damage, but to remove rage of an enemy. Timing of its use is very important as it can stop some very dangerous moves if timed right.

Agoran Sheild, this is your main skill for sponging up damage, as it gives you a temporary HP pool that absorbs damage before your actual HP.

Shadow Thrasher, this is a single target damage skill, with an added bleed at later levels. With its low cooldown, it is another good skill to use to burn up extra rage, the bleed however quickly becomes negligable.

Apollo's Shield, this skill is very important for being able to clear later NM dungeons without high level help or just out gearing the dungeon. It makes your whole team take less damage, though you do need to pay attention to when you use it.

Reverse Damage, this causes a little bit of damage to what attacks you, it has a very limited time of being useful outside of prerequisite points due to the amount of damage it bounces back not increasing very much.

Now for the Passives:

Heart of Rage, gives you extra rage after every action. Very useful, as more rage means more options available to you.

Combat Master, increases your attack by a %. Early on it will not seem great, but the more attack you have the better it gets.

Divine Blessing, increases your HP, and Physical Defense by a %, as well as makes healing on you more effective. Same with Combat master, it keeps getting better the more stats you have.

Enhanced Block, makes it so you heal after blocking an attack, even with the new 3000 hp per heal cap, it is still very effective and useful while leveling, since you wont hit the healing cap until you have around 80,000 HP. Which will likely happen sometime in the mid 60's.
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 09-13-2014, 04:11 PM.

Skill Builds
    Now for some skill builds. First is the build I used at level 60. I only have 1 skill page and this worked well for me in both PvE and PvP. After 60, it is a choice of if you want to maximize Delphic Destroyer, or Enhanced Delphic Destroyer. As there are enough points left over to max one of them, but not both.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WT guide.png
Views:	1
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	1694519

This next one is the earliest one can maximize the defensive skills, and have all of the passives maxed as well, which is at lv 54. It does have a couple spare points that can be placed where one sees fit. I would not go with this build unless running 2 skill pages. You do want to have 2 points in Apollos at level 60, so this shows you do have 5 extra skill points to do that with, as have 2 extra at 54, and get the next ones at 56, 58 and 60. If going with 1 skill page, use those 5 extra points in the top row damage skills, since no real reason to go 3/3 in Reverse Damage.

Name:	WT guide 2.png
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	1694517

Now for the damage build. This is when a full damage build will be done, at level 58. It offers little besides raw damage, and have to be a lot more careful with when you use Agoran Shield. This build also makes it harder to complete NM versions of dungeons later on due to the lack of Apollo's sheild.

Name:	WT guide 3.png
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	1694518
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 09-13-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Equipment and Gems

First starting off with equipment, there are two sets, the PvE sets that are available at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and 80, and the PvP sets which are 35, 45, and 55. The PvP sets cost ingnias to make, while the PvE ones take multiple things starting at 40. You want to be using one of these sets in full, all the time.

The route I went was the 35 set, the 45 set, the 50 set, the 60 set, and working on legending the 60 set, and building my 70 set at the moment. The 20 and 30 sets used to take crypt token items so I skipped them, along with the 40 set. Now without that requirement, much easier to pick up the 20 and 30 sets.

For rings and Jewels I used the 40 Rings, and 50 jewels, Legended both sets, and then waited for 70 Rings, and Jewels.

The key to upgrading your gear, is deciding when to use your crypt tokens and insignia to get your gear. As those are the bottlenecks for getting them. So plan out your gear in advance, and don't swap from one gear set to the next until have all of the next one, the set bonus are not worth giving up.

On refining your gear, you will want Strength, Armor, Endurance primarily. The Last two are flexible, depending on what you want. I would recommend P.atk, block, and P.def or M.def. for them at earlier levels, later on crit becomes a possibility.

Now Gems, First thing to comment on, is you need to save your socketing rods for gear you will be using for a while. 1-40 goes by really fast, so its not worth socketing something below level 40, unless you are going to camp out in a battle ground. The 40 and 45 gear sets are not really worth socketing out either unless you are going with a 40 legend set and use that til make level 60 gear. The 50 and 60 sets are definitly worth socketing, but pick one if you are really limited on socketing rods and legend that set.

For the gems you use in gear, pre level 50, should go P.atk gems, then M.def gems, and P.def gems last. If you do open up 4 slots on an item, last one should be HP. You can use block or crit, but they take a lot to be useful so unless spend a lot, or holding level for a while best to wait on them.

After level 50, things change a bit with the introduction of sylphs. And you have some choices to make. P.atk is still important, however M.def and P.def start to fall off pretty hard due to the modifiers of Sylph Delphics, as well as PvE events like Necropolis, Sky trail and Gods Decent being damage races and the flat defense provided by the gems doesnt help mitigate enough damage to pass some of the harder levels. This is when Block and HP gems become more important. You still need M.def and P.def for Multiplayer dungeons, but once have enough for the ones you are running, their use drops off fast.

Astrals

There are some choices here as well, depending on level, and what astrals you have available. You do want your astrals at the best grade you can get, but gold is better spent on enchanting gear and getting guild skills before working on astrals.

First off, you will want to get a P.atk, P.def, and M.def astral. Those are ones you will use all the time, you can get away with running only one of P.def or M.def at a time, but should always have both around. A block astral is also good to have, but not as important early on.

You will also want a Crit astral and Determination astral for World boss, though until you get to higher levels, you should use a Will Destroyer instead for everything except world boss.

Goddess Blessing and Aegis, depending on your level, one is better than the other. Low levels Aegis is the better choice, however in the mid 40's Goddess Blessing starts becoming the better choice. If you get an Aegis early on use it, then feed it into a Goddess Blessing later on.

Illusion, it is a very useful astral post 50, due to how strong sylph delpics are, while it is only a chance at negating an attack, when there are attacks that will take off over 70% of your health, it is very useful to have around.

Gaurdian Angel, also becomes much more useful post level 50, for the same reasons Illusion becomes more useful. Sylph Delphic crits can easily one shot you from strong players, while a non crit is much more manageable.

Gemini and Fury, is the last one worth mentioning, since they give both P.atk, and Penetration, you will want one of these, however they are very expensive to get via star points. And you can not use one until a quest chain at level 60, that involves a part needing 200 Shadow Crystals.

The other astrals, Deflection, Ruthlessness, Blessed Health, and Regeneration, are very situational, and also depend on personal taste. Deflection would see the most use in Necropolis, Sky trail, Gods Decent and PvP. Its not worth using at World boss, as last I heard the damage from it does not give you any gold or daru. Ruthlessness is a gambling astral, it widens the possible damage you can do, so end up with both lower and higher possible damage, which can result in some really big crits, or very tiny ones too. Regeneration and Blessed Health, fall into a similar thing as Goddess Blessing and Aegis, depending on the damage you do, one can be better than the other, and the healing is not very reliable, but can be handy in Necropolis, Sky Trail, and Gods Decent.

Mount
      Mounts are pretty straight forward, all of your whips should be going to Strenght, Armor or Endurance. Only time should ever put them to intellect is for BR events, or the others are capped out and unable to level stables otherwise.

The order you increase the stats will depend on your playstyle. If focusing on offense, should be Strength first, on Defense, you have to balance them between endurance and armor for a while early on, and later on you start to focus on endurance.

Fate Skills

There are two fate skills, Brutal Edge, and Resistance. Get one level in each first, then there are 3 ways to go, work on both evenly, or focus on one, which to focus on depends on if going after damage or defenses.
      Last edited by Hawklaser; 09-13-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Sylph choices

For general usage, there are two sylphs you will want as a Knight. Iris and Gaia. I will go over the others as well, but those two are the ones you will use most often if you dont have access to Hades and Apollo. Even with Hades and Apollo, will still use Gaia and Iris a lot.

Iris.
        Iris is best used for PvE events that need extra healing, it is very worthwhile to get the Raindance skill for it. Where you will most likely use it is Catacombs until you can blitz the full thing and clear floor 100 easily. After that, it is used mostly at MPD and Wild bosses when extra healing is needed.

Gaia.
        It is the best free sylph out there for single target damage. And as a bonus for Knights, its attack is magic damage so it works well in class wars.

Amazon Queen.
        It is another high damage sylph, it has decent Area of Effect abilities, so it can be useful for group arena and guild battle due to having multiple targets most of the time.

Pan.
        Pan is very mixed. If you have no plans to refine it, I would stay away from it, as its normal skills are not too impressive for a Knight, it is useful if used right, but with limited resources better to focus them elsewhere if not upgrading it. When its refined to Medusa, it gets some very nice skills for group activites.

Apollo.
        If you get an Apollo, and invest in it, it makes a very good source of Magic Area of Effect Damage, with some healing.

Hades.
        With a little investment, Hades becomes very useful quickly. Add the Haunt skill, and you have good damage, though mostly single target, has a bit of healing, and can clear off dangerous enemy buffs.

Ending
        I am more than willing to expand on other areas if there is interest where I can, though for some parts it takes practice and experience to know what to do and when, like Group Arena and Class Wars as examples, as fights rarely play out the same.

Comment

Astrals

There are some choices here as well, depending on level, and what astrals you have available. You do want your astrals at the best grade you can get, but gold is better spent on enchanting gear and getting guild skills before working on astrals.

First off, you will want to get a P.atk, P.def, and M.def astral. Those are ones you will use all the time, you can get away with running only one of P.def or M.def at a time, but should always have both around. A block astral is also good to have, but not as important early on.

You will also want a Crit astral and Determination astral for World boss, though until you get to higher levels, you should use a Will Destroyer instead for everything except world boss.

Goddess Blessing and Aegis, depending on your level, one is better than the other. Low levels Aegis is the better choice, however in the mid 40's Goddess Blessing starts becoming the better choice. If you get an Aegis early on use it, then feed it into a Goddess Blessing later on.

Illusion, it is a very useful astral post 50, due to how strong sylph delpics are, while it is only a chance at negating an attack, when there are attacks that will take off over 70% of your health, it is very useful to have around.

Gaurdian Angel, also becomes much more useful post level 50, for the same reasons Illusion becomes more useful. Sylph Delphic crits can easily one shot you from strong players, while a non crit is much more manageable.

Gemini and Fury, is the last one worth mentioning, since they give both P.atk, and Penetration, you will want one of these, however they are very expensive to get via star points. And you can not use one until a quest chain at level 60, that involves a part needing 200 Shadow Crystals.

The other astrals, Deflection, Ruthlessness, Blessed Health, and Regeneration, are very situational, and also depend on personal taste. Deflection would see the most use in Necropolis, Sky trail, Gods Decent and PvP. Its not worth using at World boss, as last I heard the damage from it does not give you any gold or daru. Ruthlessness is a gambling astral, it widens the possible damage you can do, so end up with both lower and higher possible damage, which can result in some really big crits, or very tiny ones too. Regeneration and Blessed Health, fall into a similar thing as Goddess Blessing and Aegis, depending on the damage you do, one can be better than the other, and the healing is not very reliable, but can be handy in Necropolis, Sky Trail, and Gods Decent.

Mount
          Mounts are pretty straight forward, all of your whips should be going to Strenght, Armor or Endurance. Only time should ever put them to intellect is for BR events, or the others are capped out and unable to level stables otherwise.

The order you increase the stats will depend on your playstyle. If focusing on offense, should be Strength first, on Defense, you have to balance them between endurance and armor for a while early on, and later on you start to focus on endurance.

I want too note as Playing all classes however As Good as the Guardian Angel astral may see IT IS NOT A TEAM PLAY Astral It works well for Duel arena an Class wars. The reason behind why IT IS NOT A TEAM PLAY ASTRAL is as fallows TEAM PLAY in Nightmare Dungeons or Spire even arena Running Guardian Angel Can upset your Mage or even you will using the Iris slylph. The Guardian angel astral will not allow the Mage's or Iris' to critically heal you which at later levels Can make the difference of winning a fight or Beating a Boss or Spire stage. I have personally tested this. Now if you are in class wars it can come in handy as well as in Duel arena. Stopping an Archer from having Critical hits hurts them as They Build rage off of their crit attacks. Unless they are equipped with the previously mentioned PvE set.

Comment

If you choose to run a gaia you need to remember when you can get the passive UNSTABLE VOLTAGE it can be a fight changer In ARENA Group an Duel as well as Class wars. Even at world boss its basically a free balens buff. Unstable voltage Increases attack by 5% every time damage is received:Stacks for a total of 50% lasts 2 rounds It only works after AWAKING your Gaia. DOES NOT WORK out of Sylph form However your Gaia Must be Level 55 to learn skills

Comment

Originally posted by DevilGrave View Post
              I want too note as Playing all classes however As Good as the Guardian Angel astral may see IT IS NOT A TEAM PLAY Astral It works well for Duel arena an Class wars. The reason behind why IT IS NOT A TEAM PLAY ASTRAL is as fallows TEAM PLAY in Nightmare Dungeons or Spire even arena Running Guardian Angel Can upset your Mage or even you will using the Iris slylph. The Guardian angel astral will not allow the Mage's or Iris' to critically heal you which at later levels Can make the difference of winning a fight or Beating a Boss or Spire stage. I have personally tested this. Now if you are in class wars it can come in handy as well as in Duel arena. Stopping an Archer from having Critical hits hurts them as They Build rage off of their crit attacks. Unless they are equipped with the previously mentioned PvE set.
              Just going to clarify on this a little bit. For non-PvP group events, Guardian Angel is a bit more touchy on use. Like DevilGrave pointed out, it does effect chances of your healer getting critical heals on you, if they are not using Will Destroyer. However, if you are fighting something that has a possibility of flat out killing you with a critical hit, or comes very close to doing so, it can be better to give up the critical heals in the interest of not being one shot by a critical. This one takes a bit more knowledge of what you will be facing to use effectively. Where it shines is preventing those 1-hit KO's from high damage skills by keeping them from being critical hits. This takes knowing both your healer, and the enemies you will be fighting.

Comment

Working...
              X