Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[GUIDE] ProNoob's Ideal Tank Knight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about whirlwind skill???whirlwind very use for battleground especially fight mage n i formation in center n pet in front

Comment

Your suggestion was good for regular fights and bosses, but not the world boss. I used to get 1% or better. Now I get 0.9%. I am not happy.

Comment

He's posting a [Tank Knight] Guide, not all-rounded Knight, suck it up if you want to use this build. I have no problem with this one before he posted it and even after he posted it.
        The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

By the way, depend on your server population, your position in the ranking and what kind of team you often go with in GA. It's better to hold back on Apollo till later, level 54 at most in my case, as I can get the QTE as well.

If your team takes 2k damage each hit from the other team, and you can't deal the same to them, ditch Apollo and get Ultimate Slasher to break their Mage or Archer. I often get invited to top players' team so I don't really need Apollo til later (maybe I'll get it when I reach 48).
          Focus on PDef and MDef, PAtk goes third and then HP. Please do refine all your gears to have Block and Defense on them at least when following this guide. Your primary stats for refining should be in this order of priority: Defense, Block, Endurance, then Power. Socket your gears with HP Gems only, aside two slots for PAtk Gems. Put your best PAtk Gems in those 2 slots, please. The HP Gems should be lvl3, and wait til you can upgrade those to lvl4 and replace them one by one.
          As for astrals, an orange Enshieldment (aka: Block) is your primary concern. If by the time you reach 7k star points and not have it, buy it. At level 5, that thing gives 1080 Block ~ roughly 30% chance to block + the block stat on your refined gears, it'll be awesome~
          Next up is your PDef astral and MDef astral, get at least purple ones even if you have to buy it. Depending on whether you'd want to hit hard or survive longer, get PAtk or HP on hit (they proc more often then you think).
          Before lvl40: PAtk, PDef, MDef astrals (yes, I did say that block is important, but it's not that useful until you get higher HP)
          After lvl40: PAtk, Block, PDef, MDef (small note: MDef and PDef can be switched with each other depend on who you're fighting),
          during this period, you can start to focus more on damage if you want. If you need damage, get Crit astral or Will Destroyer (disable Crit but increase damage). If you want even more defense, get Goddess Blessing (think about lvl5 GBlessing with Tenacity ~ 20% damage reduction at all times )

Note: That's all for today, I'll update my input later.
          PS: My version is for a non cash Knight while ProNab's is a cash Knight, those who read this guide must take note of this.
          Last edited by DeathRiver; 10-25-2012, 01:24 PM.

{OuO**

Comment

By the way, your advice shot my battle ranking down 1k points! Not cool! your advice was not good.

Comment

Eh? Who said this one was a BR raising guide? Go away lil' troll.

{OuO**

Comment

for duel purpose i think its good to have 1 whirlwind? since against a tank knight they also put their angels behind and we cant attack anything behind unless we use whirlwind?
                then we finish the angels with ultimate slasher?

Comment

what about cooldown? Do you do a thirty percent regular attacks. Ultimate slasher costs nothing basically (with a little help perfectly nothing). The second issue i have with this skill not being used is pvp. With a decent patk u can sometimes manage to kill the opposing player before thier troops because it attacks lowest hp enemy. OMG in battleground people walk around with reduced hp but their troops have full hp. How could you not use ultimate slasher to destroy a mage real quick like before they can heal.
                  Sometimes i even forgoe other attack skills to be certain the true enemy remains the charecter with the lowest hp. Insignia and Honor, these are gained through pvp and why we play. A great deal of gear is gained through battleground. Sad to say the knight is just plain at a disadvantage because of its nature. in battleground those who can kill quicker are rewarded. I suggest being a tank with a very large cannon. Raise def hp and patk all equally. Block is very nice and you should have block gems, but a good crit can swing results your way as well. How boring i think i will not be interested in 30 min battles where i am so well protected but weak. whether i win or lose the battle takes longer. You gotta increase crit and patk along with the usual tank options. the game gives u many facets to increase stats.

Comment

Originally posted by dreadknight View Post
                    what about cooldown? Do you do a thirty percent regular attacks. Ultimate slasher costs nothing basically (with a little help perfectly nothing). The second issue i have with this skill not being used is pvp. With a decent patk u can sometimes manage to kill the opposing player before thier troops because it attacks lowest hp enemy. OMG in battleground people walk around with reduced hp but their troops have full hp. How could you not use ultimate slasher to destroy a mage real quick like before they can heal.
                    Sometimes i even forgoe other attack skills to be certain the true enemy remains the charecter with the lowest hp. Insignia and Honor, these are gained through pvp and why we play. A great deal of gear is gained through battleground. Sad to say the knight is just plain at a disadvantage because of its nature. in battleground those who can kill quicker are rewarded. I suggest being a tank with a very large cannon. Raise def hp and patk all equally. Block is very nice and you should have block gems, but a good crit can swing results your way as well. How boring i think i will not be interested in 30 min battles where i am so well protected but weak. whether i win or lose the battle takes longer. You gotta increase crit and patk along with the usual tank options. the game gives u many facets to increase stats.
                    Winning a battle quicker = success. But this a tank knight build, what you're talking about is a hybrid Knight build, irrelevant.

{OuO**

Comment

crit receive rate reduced by 1% ? this mean u reducced to reive a crit ? that you can receive normal attack rathere than a crit?

Comment

Patk knights are useless in later dungeons without at least 7.5k+ Pdef -.- enough said
                        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

which dungeons considered as "later dungeons"?
                          for me, garden of death still considered as "later dungeon", ut for some other, its their medicine (3x/day).

Comment

Originally posted by bolananas2nd View Post
                            which dungeons considered as "later dungeons"?
                            for me, garden of death still considered as "later dungeon", ut for some other, its their medicine (3x/day).
                            well i said "7.5k+ Pdef" I assumed ppl would just take it from GOD+ so yeah you're right, Garden of Death and Beyond~
                            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

This build is nice but hard before lvl 50. The dungeon set is best for this build but incredible hard to get compared with Arena set.

Comment

This guide makes me laugh. Because I've played something like this before.

Quite frankly, if you're not high leveled and going all in on the defensive aspect, you're hosed. You require LOADS of Astral support (at least five), and that takes lots of gold and time to rake up. Things you wont have much of because damage-wise, this is horrible for WB -- you won't get any cred for Reverse Damage/Mirrored Destruction, and effect damage doesn't stick to it, either -- two of this build's main weaponry. Plus Angels are pathetic in such a pinch, and growing your angels requires lots of lots of Daru. Which you won't be getting from WB, due to your lowlowlow attack strength.

Group Arena, well, as I found out, the people this build trumps are generally people you probably wouldn't have had problems with had you just ran something generic. Build sucks hard against Mages that run healing agents and archers that crit 3000+ per hit. And with the clock against you, the longer you stall, the more likely you will lose. One can't dodge infinitely, bubbles have a rapidly diminishing shelf life, and if your teammates don't win it for you, well, enjoy being "the hardest to kill" talk of the other group after they win.

You see, this build has a steep learning curve, and to be successful, you have to play this almost perfect every time; the margin for error is stupidly small. How stupidly small? "Wrong move at turn 2; you're already dead" stupidly small margin of error -- playing the same teams in Group Arena points that out quite painfully.

You'd probably do well in duels, providing you choose your opponents carefully, and Campaigns. MP dungeons, well, you'll be stuck relying on strong teammates to get you through because Garden of Death and Tarraton's Lair suck much *** in general (oh God, Tarraton's Lair...). The Void and Badlands are no cakewalks, either (there's a reason why you need Mages wth Purify). Having good defense is one thing, but you're going to need high bleeping HP more, because those bosses don't play fair in the slightest.

Overall, this isn't something any ol' joe can pick up and just win with. You'd have to almost be completely set on building this type of character from level 1, and you'll need lots of patience in getting it done, too. It's complicated to play, you will encounter many frustrations along the way, and overall, only experienced Wartune players should bother with it. People like to point out that the Knight class blooms late, and that goes doubly for this build, whose benefits won't really kick in until you start climbing into the mid 40s, which well past the point many have stopped playing, or switched to another class. My advice -- ask yourself honestly, did using that skill make a difference, or was it just adding insult to injury? If you answer the latter more frequently, you might not be the guy that should be playing with this.
                                Last edited by goldenarms; 11-19-2012, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X