[GUIDE] ProNoob's Ideal Tank Knight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenarms View Post
    This guide makes me laugh. Because I've played something like this before.

Quite frankly, if you're not high leveled and going all in on the defensive aspect, you're hosed. You require LOADS of Astral support (at least five), and that takes lots of gold and time to rake up. Things you wont have much of because damage-wise, this is horrible for WB -- you won't get any cred for Reverse Damage/Mirrored Destruction, and effect damage doesn't stick to it, either -- two of this build's main weaponry. Plus Angels are pathetic in such a pinch, and growing your angels requires lots of lots of Daru. Which you won't be getting from WB, due to your lowlowlow attack strength.

Group Arena, well, as I found out, the people this build trumps are generally people you probably wouldn't have had problems with had you just ran something generic. Build sucks hard against Mages that run healing agents and archers that crit 3000+ per hit. And with the clock against you, the longer you stall, the more likely you will lose. One can't dodge infinitely, bubbles have a rapidly diminishing shelf life, and if your teammates don't win it for you, well, enjoy being "the hardest to kill" talk of the other group after they win.

You see, this build has a steep learning curve, and to be successful, you have to play this almost perfect every time; the margin for error is stupidly small. How stupidly small? "Wrong move at turn 2; you're already dead" stupidly small margin of error -- playing the same teams in Group Arena points that out quite painfully.

You'd probably do well in duels, providing you choose your opponents carefully, and Campaigns. MP dungeons, well, you'll be stuck relying on strong teammates to get you through because Garden of Death and Tarraton's Lair suck much *** in general (oh God, Tarraton's Lair...). The Void and Badlands are no cakewalks, either (there's a reason why you need Mages wth Purify). Having good defense is one thing, but you're going to need high bleeping HP more, because those bosses don't play fair in the slightest.

Overall, this isn't something any ol' joe can pick up and just win with. You'd have to almost be completely set on building this type of character from level 1, and you'll need lots of patience in getting it done, too. It's complicated to play, you will encounter many frustrations along the way, and overall, only experienced Wartune players should bother with it. People like to point out that the Knight class blooms late, and that goes doubly for this build, whose benefits won't really kick in until you start climbing into the mid 40s, which well past the point many have stopped playing, or switched to another class. My advice -- ask yourself honestly, did using that skill make a difference, or was it just adding insult to injury? If you answer the latter more frequently, you might not be the guy that should be playing with this.
    Too Much To Read so I will guess it's a random rant, go check S3 Knights, TY~ come again, Next?
    'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
    ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Bump~
      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
        Too Much To Read so I will guess it's a random rant, go check S3 Knights, TY~ come again, Next?
        Can't be bothered to read so much? Well, I guess no one should take your build seriously at all then. Thanks for the tip, bro.
        Last edited by goldenarms; 11-25-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hi ProNab! How one goes about that? How do I check those s3 Knights? Also I'm nearing 40 and I'm confused which troop to choose, I'm a tanker and in your guide I should choose Angels but I'm worried they die quick. Are knight troop not a good choice for tankers? If Angels is the only sane choice for tankers then which academy troop skill must I concentrate on, I'm not VIP so I have long cooldown. Thx in advance

Comment

guide is super , oup getting healing alot with block gem and astro
            Time For ProNoob's Version Of Tank Knight, I'll SUm It Up In "MY PERSONAL" Opinion What Would Be The "PERFECT" Version of A Tank Knight (Must Be At Least Lv.40 as this is meant for Lv.40+ so a Total of 20 Skill Points Will be Used):

Slasher: Lv.1 (Just For Rage Build)

Heart Of Rage: Lv.2 (Who Doesn't Want +10 rage Per Attack?)

Combat Master: Lv.3 (Yes Even As A Tank Max This...Why?...You Just Do What I Say And You Will Like It!...Seriously...Keep Reading)

Intercept: Lv.2 (Deals 1500 Physical Damage and deducts 40 Rage Points To Front Row Of Enemies (QTE: 10 Extra Rage Reduced For Total of 50), Max This (At lv.3 Intercept Deals 3000 Physical Damage, Requires Lv.44)

Agoran Shield: Lv.2 (QTE Bonus Comes In Handy, Max It)

Shadow Thrasher: Lv.3 Deals 175%+260 Physical Damage To A Single Front Row Enemy (QTE: Adds Bleed Effect of 90 can be stacked 5x and increases in effect per level, Max It)

P.S. Thrasher is why you will level up Combat Master and LOVE IT...because even if you have Lowish PAtk...IT WILL HURT!

Tenacity: Lv.1 Damage Received -3% + Crit Receive Rate -1% (Max It)

Divine Blessing: Lv.2 (Duh!) Pdef/Max Hp/Heal Received All +20%

Enhanced Block: Lv.2 100% Chance To Restore 4% of Max Hp Upon Dodge/Block/Evade (whatever it's called Just Get it and Follow my guide you little Nooblets and be amazed at the results)

Reverse Damage: Lv.2 (Duh Cuz It's Just THAT Good) Reflects 500 Dmg (QTE: 25% Bonus for total of 625 reflect) Up to 10x so keep count and refresh when need (Max it, reflects 800 @ Lv.3)

And this is where I Stop...this is all 20 points for Lv.40...If You're Higher...Continue Maxing Out These Skills Along with "Apollo's Shield" and you will be the Proest Knight Evurr~~..Unless there are multiple of you, whoever has the better stats wins -.-

Astrals/Gems:

Block: "MY" Advice would be Slotting Every Piece Of Equipment With 1 Block Gem (Preferably Lv.3 or higher but if got lv.2's that might do for a while), Your main focus will be block...why block? because it cuts damage you WOULD HAVE received by roughly 25-30% AND you heal back 4% Max Hp (It's A Lot if you follow this Guide)

Mdef: This would take 2nd Priority Simply Because Mages Will ANNOY You (Like I Troll Knights who are nabs..I hate the knight's I've shared this build with -.-)

Pdef: 3rd Priority...You don't wanna lose out in a battle against other archers/knights

HP/Patk: 4th Priority This is just preference, feel free to take up Patk or HP, Though My Personal Suggestion would be HP, if you feel you're not doing enough damage and want more force, go for Patk, but again..I Suggest HP.

Troops: All I Can Say Is...F**k Knights -.- Go Angels, Place yourself Front, and Angels In center, I have found this formation causes Angels or at the very least has a MUCH Higher Chance for Angels To Spam Heal (They Actually Heal "YOU" Quite Frequently with 2k+ Heals which for a Knight following this guide will be a pain to the Enemy) Up their Troop Count/Troop HP mainly, if got left over go for Troop Pdef/Mdef

Academy: Upgrade All Hero Stats Besides Matk -.-

Guild SKills: Defense>Stamina>Power>Int (Int still increases Mdef +40 per level which is quite a bit)

Reason For My Choices: A Good (Pro) Tank Focuses On It's Foundations, On It's Basics...With High Defs...They Will Take A LOT Less Damage...With Block...You Constantly Heal It Back Whilst Doing Damage (Thrasher/Intercept), Angels Will Keep You Alive, And Long Story Short..You WIll Love It

P.S. If You Knights Want My Take On World Boss Guide Build...Inbox Me with IGN/Server and Ask "NICELY!~"

P.P.S. Making This Nice And Colorful And Typing It All Down...30-40 Mins..Praise Me Bishes~ -.-

UPDATE: Forgot To Paste A Screenie~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25164[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by jcuso View Post
              guide is super , oup getting healing alot with block gem and astro
              greatest tank guide ever written by the greatest tank who ever played in wartune.
              Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
              Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
              Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
              One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
              In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
              One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
              One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
              In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

I get sick and tired of people flaming ProNoob's guides, instead of flaming him how about since your such a master you all create a guide?

I myself have went this same route on my own before reading this guide, in game i get flamed all the time that a weak knight you patk lower then you pdef/mdef and yes it was slow till like 54....after that I got my block to 2700+ and I block a insane amount

And ones that went all patk that flammed I have noticedall that patk dont mean anything higher lvls and now they opting to going more defense

I'd like to add two bits of info and ProNoob tell me what you think...
                1st since my defense is well above most I switch out goddess 21% reduced damage for major aegis 240 ... most around my lvl hit me lower with aegis then goddess

2th Refined blessed health Astral i have mine at lvl 6 right now 10% chance to restore 3000 hp on attack... sometimes it never goes off but alot of times it has saved me going off cpl times in a row, mostly procs on my shadow trasher

I only have 22k hp but get called a hacker alot cause all people see is my life going up instead of down.....pronoob is correct get block real high and you will be amazed

Editing in this one, has for dodge astral i have mine at 10% and no I dont see any heal going off when I dodge I just see 1 damage taken.

Now I just wish they fix the block return damage talent mines is currently 20% returned damage on block but is only returning 80 damage same has when it was 10%
                Last edited by R26916945; 02-27-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R26916945 View Post
                  {snip**
                  I'm sorry to inform you that The Noob has left the game as well as this forum, so he can't give you any advice.

As someone who used the same build before ProNoob wrote this guide, I'd like to comment on those aspect you asked if you don't mind.

Having huge amount of defense would certainly gives you more damage reduction with Aegis than Goddess Blessing, but you would understand the fact that there are damage sources with much higher output will punch through Aegis. Therefore, I suggest you and as everyone else use Goddess Blessing instead, and keep Aegis around for low level dungeons/players.

Refined Blessed Health is also great, but as you grow, your own damage with Regeneration will out match the static value of Blessed Health, so it would be best to use something that will grow with you instead.

With your stats at level 54+ and 22k HP, I assume that you use Mdef, Pdef and Block gems, and refined for those as well. I'd like to suggest that you shouldn't rely on too many Block gems, as it is chance based. Switching out Block with HP gems would gives you much more since you can receive more with Suntoria from mages and the amount you get heal on block will increase as well. Higher level Multiplayer Dungeons has base attacks and bleed (some will stack), so it would do you better to have more HP. I suggest you reach at least 45k HP with that huge amount of defense of yours to be more efficient in dungeons.

If you're wondering about never seeing Illusion's dodge having heal going off, they are different. Your heal each block will only occur when they are in the effect of your block stats, which the damage will show on screen as dodged. Illusion will not show anything but the damage is reduced to 1. On the occasion in which both of them occur, you will see 1 damage showing in blue and the word dodged would show up, that's when you get healed while taking 1 damage as ProNoob described.

Hope this helps you somehow in your build.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text.
                  Last edited by DeathRiver; 02-27-2013, 11:25 PM.
                  The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

PS: Sorry for the wall of text.[/QUOTE]

I use all orange astral Block, Mdef, Aegis , blessed health... all lvl 6 and Pdef lvl 5

on switch I have lvl 4 goddess and lvl 1 wills destroyer,,,,I know I not need wills destroyer but might be handy later in the game when i open more astral slots since cant use goddess and aegis togather.

Last I looked no pots I had like 11.3k pdef/ 10.7k mdef with 2.7k block

Its funny people lol at my patk being like 4.8k....but stop when they die to damage returned and bleeding.

Oh and my gems are lvl 4 mdef/pdef each piece and lvl 6 blocks except for a lvl 7 mdef in my armor
                    Last edited by R26916945; 02-28-2013, 12:48 AM. Reason: gems

Comment

Well THX to the ********* update cutting block in half detroyed this class build.....gratz you just lost another balen buyer

This the reason when it was called Legion Online that people quit playing....might has well remove the block astral from the game.

I'll go play pockie ninja

Comment

i think the build u have won t work... i ust try it. at lvl 49 i passed Buradoth grave easilly but i spend vocheurs to reset skills and gems... and put angel and me front. used time and gold and vocheurs 4 nothing. so i put again lvl 46 knights in front me rear and skills:slasher lvl4, ultimate slasher lvl3, hart of rage lvl 2, combat master lvl 3, intercept lvl 3, delphic destroyer lvl2, wirlwind lvl2, enhaced delphic destroyer lvl1, divene blessing lvl 2 and enhanced block lvl 2 so i passed. i know is not the best build but it works on bosses. no want offense anyone, i want to read more sugestions

Comment

Originally posted by WADofMEAT View Post
                          Well THX to the ********* update cutting block in half detroyed this class build.....gratz you just lost another balen buyer

This the reason when it was called Legion Online that people quit playing....might has well remove the block astral from the game.

I'll go play pockie ninja
                          If you think block is cut into half, your block is just that low to not proc.

Comment

Knights that heavily rely on block has forgotten something. We're not just about block & it's not everything we've got. It's funny when i see people whining without block it's like the end of the world heh. Oh did i mention i'm still blocking alot with 2.1k block? Well.. learn to play

Comment

why Matk?

Comment

LOL, I guess he wanna say "except"

Originally posted by R29748743 View Post
                                why Matk?

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                                Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                                Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Working...
                                X