[Guide] Knight - Damage dealer - Arena/WB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Knight - Damage dealer - Arena/WB

As some of you might have noticed the mages seem to do alot of dmg to us knights, since they are basicly our Counter, this will actually give you a chance to beat em in the group arena. + its usefull for fighting WB at the lower levels.

Gonna be breaking this down in to some points what stats would suit the best for this on items and what Astral's to aim for.

This will be up to lvl 40, will most likely update it later when i get higher my self also.

Skills list.

Slasher 4/5: Used for rage building + decent amount of damage without to much cooldown on it.

Ultimate Slasher 4/5: basicly your main damage dealer, in arena its good for targeting the weakest link (lowest health %)

Delphic Destroyer 2/3: Massive amount of dmg, if you time it right with the +50% from 1min combat, and start combat with Slasher to build up the rage faster

Heart of Rage 2/2: Simple enough, to build up your rage faster, and your Ultimate Slasher wont remove rage from your pool.

Combat Master 3/3: You want that P.atk bonus, for the more damage dealth.

Agoran Shield 2/3: Can be very usefull if your getting hit alot to pre-long the fight for your team to deal some extra damage.

Divine Blessing 2/2: the P.def / Health / Heal on 20% is a really good passive (gonna get back to that)

Enchanced Block 1/2: 50% chance to heal for 4% of health is still nice add when using the Divine Blessing, improving your life span with 20%

For equipment, you Primary stat will be Offence, then Defence. will list them in the order I find them most usefull.

Stat list:

Power: Not only does this give you P.atk, but it also provides you with P.def

P.atk: and ofc. you get this for the more dmg, faster you kill = less dmg you will actually take, Offence is your best defence.

Crit: as far as ive noticed, this skill doesnt just improve your chance to crit, but also your critical damage.

Endurance: 1 point gives 20hp, it actually provides you with more health then "HP" does. and insted of getting P.def/M.def this works both ways.

Defence: 1 point gives 4 M/P.def its usefull for pumping your BR and survive longer.

Block: its a good stats, for the defence way to avoid damage as well as you skill that provides you with a chance to heal up, later 100% chance, and with the Health span expanded from life gems, endurance, and Divine blessing.. it will heal you for more when you block/dodge.

M/P.def: Purely for protection if you dont have Defence stat, no need to go further in to this.

What Gems should you go for? well, theres basicly a red line to follow in all of the thigns im saying here, your primary goal is to provide as much damage as possible, with abit of survival, so theres only gonna be 3 primary and 1 secondary Gem on this list.

Gems List:

P.atk: More damage output once again, it is simply that easy.

Crit: And again more damage output, thos crits can and will turn the tide.

Life: This is one of the best survival gems for Knight since it expands your health pool, and with +20% from your Divine Blessing. + Daru Engraving improving it further.

M.def: Reason why this is secondary is because our armor parts actually give so little M.def it can be usefull.

Now the Astral's Part, this is really about how lucky you can get as well with the amount of gold you have in your pocket.

Astral's List:

Pristine Force: Gives you more P.atk for the extra damage output.

Pristine Sniper's Edge: Provides with higher chance to critical hit, and also as I've said the damage when doing so, giving a higher dmg output.

Pristine Brilliance: Gives you 500 more Health per level, and again higher health pool works good against but Physical and Magical attacks and not just 1 of em, also against
    WB for more hits.

Refined Goddess Blessing: -3% damage taken per level, again from both Physical and Magical attacks.

Enhanced Regeneration: 10% chance to heal for 10% of the dmg you do (+10% per level), well think about this, you have a Good health pool with +20% health and heal from Divine Blessing skill, while your dmg is high, and some decent amount of critical, do the math.

Pristine Enshieldment: Provides you with more Block skill for avoiding the damage+healing your self cause of the "Enhanced Block" skill.

Tip for the Arena:
    1) If your playing on team with a mage, make sure they use their Rain of Fire first, that way your "Ultimate Slasher" skill will target the one with least health, and most of the time, that will be the enemy mage hiding in the back, or the archer, turning the fight really fast to be a 3v2.

Hope someone can use this, since this is actually the first guide I've ever made, and that says alot considering I've been playing Mmo's for well over 15 years ^o^

Edited part:
    So people dont have to look all the way through the post for the proof the build works.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	First place.png
Views:	1
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	1733004

Name:	Unavngivet.png
Views:	2
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	1733005

Name:	WarBeast-Bloodfang.png
Size:	819.9 KB
ID:	1733006

Name:	Slasher.png
Size:	525.9 KB
ID:	1733007

Name:	Ultimate Slasher.png
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	1733008

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please be sure to check your mailbox for our message.
    Last edited by CamoDog; 10-13-2012, 08:47 PM. Reason: Adding screens to first post

Quick question? Do you use this build or just something you've put together? Just looking at it...you're gonna get mauled in GA and BGs. Knights with low defense have little chance to survive long term. Up till about lvl 30 or so yea a DPT knight is good but after that if you sacrifice defense for patk...gonna lose and gonna lose badly. Some proof that this build works is in order. Just saying.
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

I strongly believe for a DPS Knight to "Work" as in be good, would be a casher Knight. I don't think non cash Knights would do good, sure maybe their dmg is nice, but the survivability isn't there. I shred through these DPS Knights really fast. The tank knights put up a much better fight.
      Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

This Guide Is Just All Wrong....Even If Aiming for DPS...Delphic itself is a HUGE waste which you won't have room to even cast if you don't "Last" long and this being a "Berserk" type attempt you certainly won't. But here's a bit of Helpful advice, For Astrals have the Knight Use Disable Crit Astral (Orange Lv.4+) you will see a HUGE Difference, If I'm Not Lazy I Might Actually Post a DPS Knight Build Myself -.- But...good attempt~

P.S. Crit Build On A Knight Even As A DPS Is A Sure Fail Guarantee~
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

I am a Berserk Knight. Playing on [S4] Breatheran Abyss.

And one thing for it to work, is like what MiHyun said. Casher Knights.

Comment

Originally posted by R21763422 View Post
            I am a Berserk Knight. Playing on [S4] Breatheran Abyss.

And one thing for it to work, is like what MiHyun said. Casher Knights.
            No that's where you're completely wrong, if you're 45+ with full 45 set and even with NO Sockets you can still Own cashers (Even heavy ones) with the right build, Like I said, if i'm not too lazy i'll actually get around to it, It's been done in my server
            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Actually you are all wrong, im using that exact build right now, and doing perfectly fine, the only 2 on the server i basicly cant beat are two people who have used over 600$

I even outdps archers on the world boss, unless they use Balens, if you dont believe me feel free to come to the server I'm on or ill post a screenshot the next time WB gets up (:

and about getting mauled in BG etc. im always last person standing in team arena, and i either get or close to get MVP in BG's, suit your self join the server im on and give me a whack and a go ^^

P.S. Crit Build On A Knight Even As A DPS Is A Sure Fail Guarantee~
              well if you do some math calculations before talking, you will actually see knights with same P.atk as an Archer actually does more dmg on that lvl range.
              test it out before talking because purely from what I see here, you havnt tried the build, and read the guide again.. its not a completely squishy build ^^

Health is more valued then M.def / P.def on a knight for 3 very important reason ... and ill explain it to you.

1) as a knight we get +20% Heal/P.def/Health from our Divine blessing as you might read.
              2) lets take a lvl 4 gem as example..
              lvl 4 gem = 112 P.def / M.def
              lvl 4 gem = 420 life
              what gets the most out of the +20% you get from DB?, considering P.def defends against 1 thing, and so does M.Def, + doesnt work well against WB.
              3) when using the Enhanced Block = 4% of max hp gets healed, then its kinda useless having low health.

want me to keep going, I can prove you guys wrong in every point you have said so far ^^

and ProNab: its not a waste skill if you know how to time it for a 50% dmg bonus with the +25% QTE - you can basicly take 50%+ health on a person, just by doing that.
              Last edited by CamoDog; 10-12-2012, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoDog View Post
                Actually you are all wrong, im using that exact build right now, and doing perfectly fine, the only 2 on the server i basicly cant beat are two people who have used over 600$

I even outdps archers on the world boss, unless they use Balens, if you dont believe me feel free to come to the server I'm on or ill post a screenshot the next time WB gets up (:

and about getting mauled in BG etc. im always last person standing in team arena, and i either get or close to get MVP in BG's, suit your self join the server im on and give me a whack and a go ^^

well if you do some math calculations before talking, you will actually see knights with same P.atk as an Archer actually does more dmg on that lvl range.
                test it out before talking because purely from what I see here, you havnt tried the build, and read the guide again.. its not a completely squishy build ^^

Health is more valued then M.def / P.def on a knight for 3 very important reason ... and ill explain it to you.

1) as a knight we get +20% Heal/P.def/Health from our Divine blessing as you might read.
                2) lets take a lvl 4 gem as example..
                lvl 4 gem = 112 P.def / M.def
                lvl 4 gem = 420 life
                what gets the most out of the +20% you get from DB?, considering P.def defends against 1 thing, and so does M.Def, + doesnt work well against WB.
                3) when using the Enhanced Block = 4% of max hp gets healed, then its kinda useless having low health.

want me to keep going, I can prove you guys wrong in every point you have said so far ^^
                Lolz? Lv.4 HP Gem= 560 hp -.- and yes your build is fail, it's Just there, crit build is a waste, and if you actually bought some crit gems via irl money you're a bigger fool then I thought, as I've stated earlier, Disable Crit Astral will show more Promise and not even hard to get it to lv.5 (+25% overall damage, permanent) I could make a simpler build that would outdo this -.- but again, Ignorance has gotten the better of you, good day sir~

P.S. Feel free to prove me wrong, I proved your info wrong just based on that HP slip-up lolz~
                'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Lv.4 HP Gem= 560 hp
                  I proved your info wrong just based on that HP slip-up lolz~
                  actually, you just proved me more right since that just gives it a bigger bonus from the DB skill, and its 6:40 here so abit tired at the moment
                  but if its such a big mistake, tell me how come I am able to kill basicly everything i run in to, on top of it outdps on WB + MVP in BG's

just get on server#29 and you will see the #3 in arena + ask around what knight they hate fighting the most, considering i crit ALOT harder then anyone else

Comment

actually, you just proved me more right since that just gives it a bigger bonus from the DB skill, and its 6:40 here so abit tired at the moment
                    but if its such a big mistake, tell me how come I am able to kill basicly everything i run in to, on top of it outdps on WB + MVP in BG's

just get on server#29 and you will see the #3 in arena + ask around what knight they hate fighting the most, considering i crit ALOT harder then anyone else
                    My guess here and correct me if I'm wrong, top ranked guild, maxed out guild skills at your lvl, all socketed with three sockets and prolly maxed out astrals with the maximum lvl troops you can have right? Yea give me that set-up and I can prolly out dpt everything too. I'm willing to bet though a pure tank beats that build though in the long term. Yea short term it will own but I want to see at end game before I buy into it.
                    Yitien:

Comment

Barbarossa: 2nd biggest guild, not all gear is in 3 sockets, my troops are not even leveled more then 15 in Academy, and not even maxed up in lvl at the moment (saving daru for a certain Patch), i dont have maxed out skills no, +120 Power, +80 Endurance + 20 Charisma +80 Defence, the only Hero skill maxed in Acad is P.atk, the M/P.def's are lvl 20-22.

a normal Ultimate Slasher for me does same dmg for me as when the ranger crits with he's 2nd skill meaning, when I crit i basicly do alot more dmg then them
                      The so called useless "Delphic Destroyer" have taken people down from over 50% life if you know how to time it and use your skills, and with the Arena set item i start with 30 rage + Knight is the fastest rage builder of the 3 classes.

Comment

Barbarossa: 2nd biggest guild, not all gear is in 3 sockets, my troops are not even leveled more then 15 in Academy, and not even maxed up in lvl at the moment (saving daru for a certain Patch), i dont have maxed out skills no, +120 Power, +80 Endurance + 20 Charisma +80 Defence, the only Hero skill maxed in Acad is P.atk, the M/P.def's are lvl 20-22.

a normal Ultimate Slasher for me does same dmg for me as when the ranger crits with he's 2nd skill meaning, when I crit i basicly do alot more dmg then them
                        The so called useless "Delphic Destroyer" have taken people down from over 50% life if you know how to time it and use your skills, and with the Arena set item i start with 30 rage + Knight is the fastest rage builder of the 3 classes.
                        Oh I know about DD and the rage
                        Use DD when the 50% bonus pops up and it does do a lot of damage. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything I'm just curious about this set-up's longevity. I'm all for looking at new things and ideas but I've seen too many fail knights who use similar builds. I just like friendly debates
                        Yitien:

Comment

and thats fine with me ^^

but lots about the Pvp here is about picking your fights, making sure you dont waste your rage and being able to take down thos pesky troops fast enough to use the DD in Battlegrounds, then pick on someone you know you can kill easy 1 time to fill your rage again, and same time provides you with star points for a full heal when needed be.
                          the build and the guide i made works wonders for me, and i basicly get 120-140 insignia's on the team arena when its up. (depending if you have people that sit afk and not pick their skills so you have to wait for em) (: and as i said, im basicly the last person standing on my team, or have the most health% after the fight.

also, the Ultimate Slasher is pure godly in BG when people run around with 50% life and think "oh i can take one more", and you just pop in and crit em right away for like 7k on lvl 37-38
                          Last edited by CamoDog; 10-13-2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I'm calling ** on this. Screenshots of your stats please and wb too ... if you can, video of group arena as well. Only reason I'm asking for this is because it truly interests me, if this build works or not, cuz I was always afraid of the Knights.
                            Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

i wanna see ur stat too. ^^
                              Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Working...
                              X