Question Regarding Clothes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Clothes

So I've been looking at clothes and I've been trying to understand how they work more in depth.

I understand most of how it works, but there's one part that concerns me.

I spent 600,000 gold identifying an item I had. Once I identified it, I received some minor stats like 6 strength which is barely even noticeable. From there I see that you can "refine" the piece of clothing with 3 Fashion Cores. Now I also see that there is a chance for this to fail.

So my first question is whether or not refining the clothes is actually worth the investment, as I don't see the stats giving me very much of anything so far. My second question is what are the chances of it failing and is there any way to increase my chances of succeeding, as wasting 3 fashion cores would start to hurt after a while.

Thanks in advance!

there isnt a real fail option. its similar to refining equipment, you use the materials and the outcome is either lower or higher than what you have now. your current weapon has +6 with 1 star, using 3 cores can result into obtaining 2 or even 5 stars if you're lucky. so the first time using cores cant be negative (it cant go back to 0 stars). the 2nd time it might get lower, so lets say you got 4 stars now from using 3 cores. there is a big chance you get either 1,2 or 3 start and a low chance to get 5 stars. so you might wanna skip that then.

the stat is depending on the clothing type (armor gives def, weap atk, wings endurance and helm int) and the rank. Rank S gives most stats +20 per star. so with 5 stars you would get +100. but a higher rank also requires more cores being used to refine it. your current weapon has +6 and with 5 stars it should have +30.

if you have low level cores, you might first want to focus on getting better clothing. but at higher levels you prefer to synth your clothing with other clothing and use good luck charms and when you do that you dont really use a lot of fashion cores anymore. imo its worth it: im a mage and i receive 836 int and 400+ def and endurance.

so doing some calculations, thats quite a chunk

Comment

Hmm, thanks for the detailed response.

One more question while you're around though.

I'm planning on starting on a new world in the near future, and I plan on cashing a decent amount at the beginning.

So let's say I have 20,000,000 gold when I start. Where do you think the gold would be best invested? Should I prioritize guild skills and then astrals and then clothes, or what order do you think provides the best stats? Or maybe there are other things to consider beyond those three things?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by R26674423 View Post
        Hmm, thanks for the detailed response.

One more question while you're around though.

I'm planning on starting on a new world in the near future, and I plan on cashing a decent amount at the beginning.

So let's say I have 20,000,000 gold when I start. Where do you think the gold would be best invested? Should I prioritize guild skills and then astrals and then clothes, or what order do you think provides the best stats? Or maybe there are other things to consider beyond those three things?

Thanks in advance!
        Early on, striking a balance between Guild Skills and Astrals would be best. At the lower levels, even 3rd or 4th level orange astrals give a hefty bump to BR, but lv 4 or 5 guild skills do as well. I think you might be able to manage that with 20 mil gold.
        Name: Phoenixia
        Server: R2 S-319
        Class: Mage
        BR: 911k
        Last CW Ranking: Didn't participate
        Cupcakes? R2 can keep them, I want rumcakes.

Comment

Hmm, tough call. I guess it's just a gamble on whether I want to make my own guild or join a different one.

Astrals seem like the safest bet when put into that perspective.

Thanks for the input. As a side note, lets say I dumped 10,000,000 gold into guild contribution. If I left that guild without spending the contribution, and then I proceeded to join a different guild, would I lose all the contribution that I didn't spend? And if that's true, if I spend all of the contribution on guild skills before I leave a guild, and then join a new guild, will I keep all of the skills that I already invested in?

Comment

Originally posted by R26674423 View Post
            Hmm, tough call. I guess it's just a gamble on whether I want to make my own guild or join a different one.

Astrals seem like the safest bet when put into that perspective.

Thanks for the input. As a side note, lets say I dumped 10,000,000 gold into guild contribution. If I left that guild without spending the contribution, and then I proceeded to join a different guild, would I lose all the contribution that I didn't spend? And if that's true, if I spend all of the contribution on guild skills before I leave a guild, and then join a new guild, will I keep all of the skills that I already invested in?
            you will lose the contri you have when you leave a guild, but you keep the skills.

tbh if you want to cash, dont cash into gold as gold is an easy resource. your priority for cashing is to increase stats permanently. but thats my opinion.
            if you want to spend 20m i think your fastest bet will be guild skills as they are somehow quite cheap to enhance. with 20m on astrals you can do a big chunk, but as a new char you want to get good astrals first and not level them first.

Comment

Guild Skills and the mount shards are the best bet if you plan to leave a guild (or better, get yourself kicked, nice and politely or not).

Astrals are a gamble, my opinion is guild skills first, but not everyone shares my view. Getting the main necessity astrals could be a more balanced approach. (depends on your class, Archers generally want PATK and Crit)
              IGN: TreeTopper
              Server: whatever the merged Kabam S15/25 is called. I forgot.
              Guild: ESKReborn
              Class: None (Ok..Ok.. Archer)
              Battle Rating: 550547 Currently Retired from Wartune

Comment

Working...
              X