[Guide] Battlegrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Battlegrounds

First to note, I have just copied this post, and updated as needed.

Opening Time: Daily 09.00, 10.00, 13.00, 14.00, 21.00, 22.00 and 23.00 (Server Time), with duration 30 minutes (5 minutes entry, 25 minutes active)
    Level Requirements: Level 30+

Background:
    1. Battlegrounds are divided by level, with players of level 30-39, 35-44, 40-49, 45-54, 50-59, 55-64, 60-80 (as most 70+ will be in Sacred Fire Temple)
    2. Each battleground can hold a maxmium of 30 players (15 per team), in which they will be automatically divided into two teams.

Objective:
    1. Collect crystal ores, located in the middle of the battleground, and turn them in back in your camp.
    2. You will gain Honor, Star Points, and Battleground Treasure Shards by turning in these crystals.
    3. There are three separate kinds of crystals (inferior, normal, and superior), each offering yields.
    4. Winning teams will receive more Insignia and Honor than the losing team once the battleground has ended. (90:80, 30:30 respectively)
    5. Insignia earned can then be exchanged for various items at the Arena Shop.
    6. Collect and synthesize 60 Battlegrounds Treasure Shards in the Blacksmith and receive a Battleground Treasure Chest.

Notes:
    1. HP potions cannot be used in the battlegrounds. Upon death, your health will be automatically restored. You may also restore HP with Star Points.
    2. If you dare, defeat enemy guardians and receive Faction Points, Star Points and Honor.
    3. Killing an enemy will give you Honor, PVP points, Star points and Faction Points.
    4. Losing to an enemy will lose Star Points, and if above Crusader Honor level, Honor Points (depending on VIP Level)
    5. You can enter Battlegrounds any time before 5 minutes to end. During this time, it is possible to leave, and re-enter after 5 minutes cooldown.
    6. It's possible to enter unlimited times daily for Honor kills, but only receive other rewards first 2 time slots entered.
    7. Most kills on Battleground are given 'MVP' (although there are no extra rewards for this)
    8. Titles Available
    Last edited by Whakapono; 03-11-2015, 04:13 AM.
    Retired Moderator.

I have gone from level 30 upto level 47, and I am quickly losing the original zeal I had for this game. The PvP aspect of the game is what attracted me to it in the first place, and that attraction is quickly waning. This will most likely be my final post as I do not see any point in playing this game anymore. SOMETHING must be done to ensure that those participating twice a day for 48 minutes of their game time, do not walk away from their game experience with virtually nothing to show for it. MY last 2 BG's I have received nothing from my time spent therein other than the loser rewards at the end, and a quest completion for my first of 2 BG's

One thing I would suggest is that the developers come up with something that would enable those participating in Battlegrounds at least be able to pick up one or 2 carts of crystals. I have just resumed playing Wartune after 18 months away from the game, and something has obviously changed. I am now level 47, and have been doing my 2 daily attempts since I was high enough to participate in battlegrounds.

I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that there is nothing in this game to level out the playing field or develop a matching system, to prevent the gross mismatching that currently exists in Battlegrounds. As previously stated I have been completing my 2 daily battleground attempts since level 30. I have only won 3 battles so far on my archer. What frustrates me more than anything is the fact that as of late (my last 3 battlegrounds to be precise) is my opponents have successfully camped our spawn gate, and prevented us from collecting crystals. My last couple of battlegrounds even though I have the maximum Dryad buff, I have not been able to pick up a single cart of crystals. For me personally, unless this changes soon I will move onto another game of this genre, where the developers have devised some method of matching, or means whereby participants at least have a chance of doing something constructive for their character for the 24 minutes (X 2) spent in the battlegrounds. A few simple solutions that come to mind immediately is spawn area guards that actually serve a purpose for those or the area they are placed to guard. Another would be diminishing returns for repeatedly killing the same opponent. I can attest to the effectiveness of this, having seen it applied in other games of the genre where PvP is part of the game experience. Personally I think the idea of diminishing returns in battlegrounds would go a long way to help. Something along the lines of a 30% reduction of points received for the second kill against the same opponent, a 60% reduction for the third kill, and 100% for the fourth kill, unless of course somewhere in between those kills that same opponent would win, whereby all diminishing returns would be completely reset. Another solution would be an increasing Dryad buff that is actually effective enough to ensure that participants have at least 1 chance of walking away with a kill.

As it stands none of the current developments within the game are doing what they were designed to do. Namely to ensure that all those who participate in battlegrounds have a near 100% chance of walking away from their 24 minute battleground experience, with something constructive for their character, for their time and effort spent.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (If all else fails play dead)

Comment

Tip for lower BR:

As stated in the guide above, you have the freedom to leave a battleground if there are too many 'honor killers', or 'spawn campers', and enter again after a 5 minutes cooldown (for the first 25 min of BG). As most of the higher BR will (generally) enter while the countdown is still going, to ensure their maximum kills are put into the time given, would generally mean the first 5 minutes to be the most dangerous time to enter. If you try to wait 7-12 minutes from start, it could be a 'safer' time to get in, when the other battlegrounds are generally filled up.

No this is not a 'fix', but in this time frame, one should still have enough time to cart. Yes there are likely to be a few higher BR in there, but a lot less.

Hope this helps

Note:

Entering during World Boss is a good way to get some kills in also. Just bare in mind, it would mean sacrificing all that gold and daru.
      Retired Moderator.

Comment

what a stupid advice, I just was in two of such BGs, where all opponents sat in spawn area like frightened chickens.
        In the first I got kicked out because "You did not participate in Battles for 5 min". and got 5 min cooldown as well, as if I jumped out myself

in the one after, with 10 min left, the same, 0 battles 0 honor.

this is real bad for all those players who like battleground.

Better hint : if you do not like to play in battleground do not jump into battleground.
        or same as I did, do level camping until you feel strong enough. I did not do any BGs for about 6 month.

suggestion about how to deal with chickens : who sits in BG-spawn for more than 5 min, gets kicked out of BG regardless of how much time is left.

Comment

you get 30 or 90 honor regardless, i go every day at 16-20 after even though i never leave camp. sit for 9-13min get 30 or 90 honor. infuriating bullies is an added bonus by giving them no honor by staying in camp

in fact, i'd say seeing the bullies beg for honor is totally worth it

no point in going in at the start at all. being forced to leave camp and cart is just a huge waste of time that could be used on world boss or other activities

the most hilarious thing was getting the battle victor title for doing literally nothing
          Last edited by noob9841; 04-02-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah,go in at the end and sit there watching the
            spawn campers get frustrated waiting for someone
            to come out and be their easy target,what's more
            entertaining is when you get attacked by one of
            them that was killing everyone without realizing
            your stronger than them and they get killed.
            putting an end to their streak,that's fun.

Almost forgot,I was going to ask what the conditions were
            for getting upgraded from the battleground to that sacred
            fire temple?I just ask because I usually go in the battleground
            but ended up in the fire temple today,didn't even know what I
            was supposed to be doing in the fire temple.
            Last edited by Arandeath; 07-07-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

lots of posts to look through,was wondering what qualifies you
              to be in sacred fire temple rather than the basic battleground?
              does honor have anything to do with it?because i was in the BG
              then the sacred fire temple,now i'm back in the BG?

and the new bg?like the guild battle?got to take towers
              as well as try to cart?and now you can't see the other players br
              i guess so you can't check to see if it's safe to come out because
              there is an overpowered casher stalking for easy prey?
              Last edited by Arandeath; 07-16-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X