Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to put the contents of the vault in mail and then easily find it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to put the contents of the vault in mail and then easily find it.

With the all recent additions to the game, storage space (or the lack of it) has become a serious problem for some players, especially non-cash ones. There is a well-known trick of maximizing and vault space by being kicked from guild and then reinvited, so that the contents of their vault is stored in mail. The downside of that is each Mail stores 5 attachments, and only one of them is visible in the mail list. You have to open the messages to see what's inside; opened messages are stored for only 3 days so if you are really unlucky you may have to sift through all of them - then have to start all over with the kick-and-reinvite routine. Result: missed hot events, balens spent unnecessarily on things one already owns and some language that would make Wartune swear-filter blush.

But there is a way to avoid that.

What goes where in the mail may seem random but it's not - there is a certain order that the system follows every time. Namely, item in vault are "recognized" and stored starting from the bottom right corner - as if the rows of the vault were lines of text on a page and someone was reading it backwards. (i.e. from right to left of the bottom row, then to the right of the next one up, etc., etc).

So, how do we make use of this into? First, take a screenshot of your vault (before asking for a kick, obviously). Then, after the kick-and-rejoin routine, take a look at your Mail.
    (Side note: some people told me they find it annoying that the mail symbol in top right keeps blinking, indicating there are unread messages - but that is easy to solve. Click on the mail envelope once as you log on to the game and the "blink is gone).
    You don't have to click on individual messages - this way they are stored for the full 30 days. All we now need to see is the one item is visible to the left of each message.

Now, bring up your screenshot and find the item that you were looking for on it. Let's say I urgently need my fashion cores.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vault tutorial 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	1773452
    Also find the item that was at the bottom right cell of the vault (in my case it's moon dust). This item will also be one of the visible attachments in your mail (don't click it!).

Next, count five items including this one, from right to left; the 6th one should also appear as mail attachment, and so on.

Name:	vault tutorial 2 finished.jpg
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1773453

Continue counting to five (patronizing? moi?!) until you get to the item that you want to retrieve. Note what was number one in the group of five - in my case it's the will crystal.

Name:	vault tutorial 3.jpg
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1773454

Look for a message with the will crystal attached and open it.

Name:	vault tutorial 5.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1773456
    Voila!

This will also work if the vault was not full - in this case the item you need to count from is the last "character" of the last "line" (what went in last).

Finally, save your screenshot with today's date. Here's why:
    Over time, as you accumulate more items, it may be necessary to do this again. And then you may find that you need something that you sent to mail LAST time. The day you do this, the messages will be marked "deleted in 30 days"; as time goes by it will change to "29 days, "28 days" etc. etc. So if you cleared your vault, say, on the 1st of May and need something out of it on the 10th, look for the messages marked "deleted in 19 days". Simples!

Well okay, maybe not so simples. All of this may seem like a hassle but if you are a hoarder like me with 5 pages of mail at any one time, doing this is much easier than rummaging through all of them. And a lot cheaper than buying extra rows with balens!

Name:	vault tutorial 4.jpg
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	1773455
    Last edited by IceLily; 06-01-2015, 07:25 AM.

thanks for tip! dindt know that

Comment

I can say from a non recharger, that those 950 bound balens are defently worth it, I've spent 3k now, and never liked the game as much as I do currently. Saying 950bb is much was the case 6-12 months ago, but now it's 1 week even less if you don't spend small ammounts here and there(I spend on dimension energy at times, purgatory keys, etc etc, and still get enough)

However, great post for those that wanna do this, and keep notes/picture of everything, for me, 4 weeks worth of bb is defently better than 3 hours a week managing your bags

Comment

Good post! I agree with JKLoser that now having 5 pages of inventory is a must, and it well worth the bound balens. However, even with so much space, I still don't have enough and have to use about 30 mail pages for additional items.

One major concern is cloth. But there are also many junk items, which I save in case I will need sometimes in the future - star sands, sylph xp scroll, soul crystals etc. etc.

So I do a simpler trick:

Put into vault ONLY one type of items at once (for example sylph scrolls). Kick+reinvite. Then put there all the star sands. Kick+reinvite. The put there all cloth helms. Kick+reinvite. Etc.
        This way, I have a good order in my "mail-inventory". I know when I see a mail with sylph xp scrolls, that mail have only those.

And if we are already on the subject, I can give 7road a few suggestion so players never need the mail storage:
        1.) Allow 9999 for EVERY item, not only a selected few.
        2.) Allow level 1 cloth to be stacked.
        3.) Make a shop (as a subtitute for th Chinese auction house) where players can trade junk items for something useful. of course sale price would be much lower than buy price. Also request an additional resource to avoid unlimited trading: like "exchange coins" which can be gotten for 50.000 xp (and that would make xp useful again). So players can sell their soul crystals, star sands, dragon souls, fate stones etc. for "trade points" and buy useful items instead (vulcan hammers, bead stone, empire truncheons).

If these 3 are implemented, we never again need to use mail as storage.
        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Didn't mean having 5 pages is a must, rather than choosing 3 hours average per week(even more at times) to manage your bags, over a few measly BB is just dumb

But I must ask, what do you guys save? I am a pretty big saver, but I never seen the use for more than 2 pages before the eudaemon update, and now I could survive on 2.1 pages, but unlocked 2.3 just to save myself time.

Only reason I can see if you guys still have 1m SC's, or perhaps doesn't convert gems? I noticed that early on that converting all gems to hp was a real bag and time saver.

Edit: Checked the screenshot, and I do see now if you save items such as those "buy buff in bi items", protect city, rename thingies, etc etc, you can't really blame the game for having to few bag space. Like blaming WoW for it when you keep all the "grey" items for the same reason
          Last edited by JkLoser87; 06-03-2015, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I have 8 mail pages of clothing. Also 1-1 mail entry: star sand, golden holy water, mount spirit, vulcan stoves (these are items not stackable to 9999), some items which serve as emergency gold reserve (like gold box, bags and sylph equipment shard). As I said I have 30 pages of mail but actually, 20 pages are just "apollo prizes" (gold saved up), so cloth stacking and 9999 everything would be enough.
            My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

I like the post as taking screenshots also help when submitting a ticket about lost items. I have been lucky I got three pages unlocked but still manage to find ways to save space. Most of the space is being used up by Eudaemon skills for the ones I do not have.

DarkMeph
              Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Working...
              X