Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

TheMajor's Catacomb's Bootcamp. (Guide to catacombs pre character lvl 50)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheMajor's Catacomb's Bootcamp. (Guide to catacombs pre character lvl 50)

Hello everyone! I am TheMajor. Today I'm going to post some general information on catacombs and tricks to how to beat the catacombs level 50+ eyeball bosses. As well as how to just power through catacombs in general. I have went deep into catacombs on two different servers, both playing mage pre 40. My last character went to level 60 before hitting 40.

Ok, so now that the introduction is outta the way, what do we need to know about catacombs that's important? Well first off, it is a VITAL exp gain and gem supply to give your character a huge edge in the game. If you want to be a top player you MUST learn how to master catacombs. Let's start with a boss breakdown and i'll give you the atk type of each boss by level.

Boss level 5 - Wolf
    Patk

Boss level 10 - Skeleton
    Patk

Boss level 15 - Skeleton
    Patk

Boss level 20 - Tauren or cowman (whatever)
    Patk

Boss level 25 - Skele? (damn, forgot this boss)
    Patk

Boss level 30- Bird looking guy
    Patk

Boss level 35 - Big manbird guy
    Matk

Boss level 40 - Etheral Knight
    Patk

Boss level 45- Magician
    Matk

Boss 50-70 - Eyeballs
    Both Patk and Matk

Ok, so now that you know the atk characteristics of each boss, you can better prepare yourself for each of their attacks. Early on in the game your first plateau should be the boss @ either 25 or 30, depending on if you bought the recharge pack with balens. The best way to fight this boss is to load up on the pdef, equipping your pdef astrals and swapping all your extra (2nd gem slots) to pdef. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Do not forget that power increases pdef. If you are a mage, make sure you use BOTH power and intellegence potions. The little extra helps a LOT.

Once you get that guy down, you should be around level 35. Once you get to level 35 the next few bosses are relatively easy. So the next pleateau for you should be the level 45 boss if you are a archer or knight. If you are a mage it will be the level 40 boss. Mages can get by the level 40 boss easy enough if they max their PDEF. You need a purple or better pdef astral at level 3 or 4.

Ok, now for the main reason why i made this guide. The level 50+ bosses.

First thing you need to know and learn about the level 50+ eyeballs is the moves they use and in what order. When the boss first opens the fight, he will cast 1 lightning bolt, then he'll cast his AOE magic ability. This has a chance to stun for 1 turn. After he casts this, it'll be 2 lightning bolts then his eyeball debuff move. This will apply -20% atk and def to you (of each school). The key to the debuff is the number of turns it's in effect, 3. After he casts his debuff he casts one lightning bolt, then casts his eyeball roll (which also applies a slow). After which he starts the cycle over again with 2 lightning bolts.

Now, why is all of this important? Well first off, you need to have your double attack timing down. When he casts his eyeball debuff, the -def and attac, you need to double attack for two turns. The execution of this is exactly the same as world boss. You need to anticipate the timing of this, so you can start your double attacks the turn he casts. What this will do is allow the debuff to be removed (each attack counts as one turn) BEFORE he casts his eyeball roll. You will take SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DAMAGE from his eyeball roll move if you double attack the debuff off. For people who have less mdef, such as knights, i would recommend that you use your shield when he casts his 2 lightning bolts in a row and resets his order. Either that or cast shield just before he uses his matk AOE stun move. It comes after the 2nd bolt after his eye roll.

Also, IMPORTANT: DO NOT CAST ANY LARGE MOVES WHEN YOU ARE DEBUFFED. IE ULTIMATE ABILITIES OR HUGE DAMAGE MOVES. USE RAGE BUILDING MOVES ONLY. For healing mages: DO NOT CAST HEAL WHILE DEBUFFED, WAIT TILL IT WEARS OFF. PLAN AHEAD TO ABSORB HIS BLOWS.

This fight is rediculously easy for mages especially with healing spec. If you have double skill tree unlocked, and go full heal tree, then this is a joke. Just mind your timings, cast suntoria on cooldown, and never cast a heal while debuffed. Always double attack his debuff off.

If you need further tips and assistance, i will gladly answer any questions you may have in following posts! Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Level 25 is a lizard-like looking monster.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

not bad themajor, except for his debuff is more than 20%

Comment

whoopsie yeah, i think it's 25%, but wasn't sure about that. All i know is that it has to come off!

Comment

i'm having some trouble getting past the lvl 50 boss. i'm a lvl41 mage w/ 4.7kmatk, 2.7kpdef, 4.3kmdef n 12k hp, using knights lvl 33. i have restore @ 3, suntoria @2 but it feels like i can't heal myself effectively because my knights end up getting stuck below me in %health, and so restore ends up targetting them. By the time the knights are gone, i'm at too low of hp to really continue. Am i just being dumb and fighting the fight incorrectly, or do i need to increase my stats before i'm going to be able to take the eye dwn?
          Riamba

Comment

I would suggest getting your HP above 14k if possible, that will help suntoria heal you more efficently. Easy way to do that is with lvl 3 endurance pot. The rest of your stats are solid enough to beat him. What you are probably doing is not timing your heals properly. I woud suggest casting restore after he double bolts just before he uses AOE stun move. this allows your HP to drop below your knights, as they aren't taking damage. This also has the added benefit of reducing the AOE stun's damage, and in the event you do get stunned, the damage of the next lightning bolt.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X