X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wartune TOS Question- Shared Accounts

Looking for info on shared accounts

Noticed that many high level cashers have other people running their account

1) It is their choice/free will to trust someone

However for us lowbie/F2P players, if they were to miss an event it would help us ofc.

"Cyprus. Cyp is actually run by two people and with a bit of help from my fellow Guildies in Bandits (DarkHawkMage)"
    "Azrican is run by ★☀OrzYumi✪"

You're welcome to read more here:
    http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=67
    Last edited by Whakapono; 11-02-2015, 08:57 PM.
    Retired Moderator.

Comment

Interesting read...

I think high level cashers would have to miss a lot more than a few events to "help" lowbies. some events they can't even do anyway, like the soul seal one at the moment.
      Wartune
      IGN: Decima
      Guild: Elysium
      Server: S5 (Europe)
      Class: Mage (Level 80)

Winterfrost Legacy *shakes fist at Ginba*
      IGN : Decima (spotting a trend?)
      Server : 59 (Europe)
      Class : Nooby sissy shaman!

Comment

There's plenty of people on my server that share, and it does happen that a few cry "I got hacked" when that isn't the case. Just like Tos says, the biggest threat isn't that r2 gonna ban you for doing it, but the one you share with.

Comment

I'd rather miss an event than give someone my acc to do it for me and then find out someone decided to scr ew me over and I miss 3 years progress. So missing some events is not that bad compared to missing all the time spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini-Del View Post
            I'd rather miss an event than give someone my acc to do it for me and then find out someone decided to scr ew me over and I miss 3 years progress. So missing some events is not that bad compared to missing all the time spent.
            Well, I think, if anyone scrw my acc - it is a benefit for me. I can finally quit this putting players first excuse for a game an get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
              yeah right ive seen it read it dont believe it as r2 does nothing anyway the tos is just a guilde to keep them out of the courts of law thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                It does not say anything about that it is forbidden or that you break a rule if you
                let another person pilot your toon.

It only says:

Sharing or piloting is not encouraged and is against our Terms of Service.
                How can you say that in 1 sentence?

Not encouraged (R2 dont like it)

AND

It is AGAINST our ToS (R2 says it is forbidden?)

Que ?
                Best Regards,

BrooBee

Character Type: Mage
                Guild: Ragnarok
                Server: S213 - Felmarsh
                Platform: R2Games
                Client: Mini Client

P.S Yes, I am a very angry customer as of now, since I have been treated like a dead ant in the woods by the DEVS D.S

Comment

Actually, that article is pretty clear and well written. It says its not forbidden, but it says do it at your own risk, if you suffer any damage from doing it, then you are on your own. Fair enough ruling. I have seen quite enough accounts damaged or destroyed because people trusted players whom they shouldn't. So share account only if you have nothing valuable to lose, or the one you share it to you have maximal trust.
                  My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

All high lvl cashers are selfish people who do not want to help out lowbies unless they get something in return. That is why everyone ignores people in world chat asking for help. They just want to do there dailies then log off. They don't want to waste there precious time to help others out.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniscient2 View Post
                      All high lvl cashers are selfish people who do not want to help out lowbies unless they get something in return. That is why everyone ignores people in world chat asking for help. They just want to do there dailies then log off. They don't want to waste there precious time to help others out.
                      Not true, there's plenty of high cashers out there that will gladly help players, however as a non-cashing high br player I can understand them for not helping depending on stuff. Sometimes players, especially wartune players, are so stupid. For example I get sick when people write me "Help nr?" instead of actually typing: "Hi there! I haven't been able to find myself a team for NR yet, if I can find 2 more, are you willing to help me? Would appreciate it so much". See the difference? Players that doesn't get help, are often players that can't ask the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                        Not true, there's plenty of high cashers out there that will gladly help players, however as a non-cashing high br player I can understand them for not helping depending on stuff. Sometimes players, especially wartune players, are so stupid. For example I get sick when people write me "Help nr?" instead of actually typing: "Hi there! I haven't been able to find myself a team for NR yet, if I can find 2 more, are you willing to help me? Would appreciate it so much". See the difference? Players that doesn't get help, are often players that can't ask the right way.

I should also add that most high level/BR cashers probably have full-time jobs, so they just want to get on and do what they need to do and log out.

In regards to the ToS dealing with account sharing, they have that written in such a way to avoid a ridiculous amount of unnecessary work. They neither desire to pursue action against players that share accounts nor do they want to deal with a lot of players that had their accounts altered or wrecked by someone else that they were sharing their account with. There's really not much benefit to sharing your account when weighed against the risks, regardless of how well you know them. All it takes is for them to open the wrong email, visiting a compromised website, etc., and your Wartune account could get wrecked or stolen.
                        Most don't have enough common sense or tech savvy to secure their computers beyond the basic antivirus software. If they do not do the following:
                        Run their system under a non-admin profile,
                        Use a passworded system restore software to run an image,
                        Passworded BIOS,

then I would not trust them even if they were my neighbor. Despite doing the above(and there's much more you can do), its still not 100% full proof. No system, regardless of what you do, is 100% secure. Allowing multiple people using different systems to access the same account will greatly increase the probability of it being compromised.

Comment

Working...
                        X