Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra afk archer attack w/ arrow shot and multishot on world boss-Most Damage Combo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra afk archer attack w/ arrow shot and multishot on world boss-Most Damage Combo

Many of you may think you do the world boss perfectly with an archer but if you do it perfectly you should get one afk attack with an arrow strike and one afk attack with every multishot on the world boss. If you do this right it can increase your average damage on the world boss by up to 20%. I know this because this is about how much that learning how to time the world boss as an archer has helped me. This is how I do the world boss because I have found it do the most damage. I have knights that can survive 2 hits and pvp gear that offers 30 rage, and am able to survive until the world boss uses its final attack so if you have these then it should work perfectly.

1. Start off with a multishot- you should only the multishot attack no extra afk attack to start off with
    2. Once your knights get to the world boss and are about to raise their weapons to attack press the arrow strike key, this is about when you press in order to get the arrow strike and the afk attack - you should get one afk arrow strike when your knights get back to their original position
    3. Do not press any buttons until the world boss attacks you with his attack and you start to do an afk attack. As soon as your character starts his motion, press for your multishot and be quick with it or he might get the next attack, but if you press that button quick then you will get the next attack. Nothing to worry about if you're paying attention, only one button to press.
    4. You should now be attacking with a multishot arrow, and when you are done your knights should be about ready to hit they world boss like in step 2, press arrow strike here for a double attack
    5. Don't press anything again, wait for the world boss to attack again and wait for the afk attack by your acher, then press for the doubleshot as soon as your archer begins his/her motion for the attack, be quick again, this is basically a repeat step
    6. This should be the final attack before the world boss does his automatic kill attack if my memory serves me right, there are two ways to do this step depending on how much rage you have, you might be tempted to use your delphic sniper early but wait till his last attack to use it becaue if you use it earlier it will through off the timing on your other attacks. If you have the rage to use the delphic sniper I recommend not waiting for the afk but just doing the delphic sniper as soon as you finish the multishot, it is cutting it very close if you wait for the afk attack then do the delphic sniper right after, but possible if you time it very, very good but if you don't have enough rage then you can wait till your knights are about to raise their weapons to hit the world boss then just press the arrow strike button

You should be able to use delphic sniper every two turns with this method or possibly even every single time if you have a great critical chance and a free afk attack alternating between arrow strike and multishot on the wb every time after your first attack.

I understand that this guide might not be perfect and may have a few errors since it is written from my memory but I just want archers to learn how to time it. It may seem confusing since it took a lot of explaining but it is pretty straightforward once you try it on the world boss a ton. It is not a difficult thing to learn, it just requires time and practice. Hopefully this was worth your time to read and you can do better on the world boss as an archer.

Also if you are far enough along, you might want to consider buying an attack scroll from the crypt store in addition to your attack potion at every world boss if it can make a large enough difference. Enhanced determination also helps a lot for the world boss as well since they fixed it now.
    You might also put on enhanced deflection and put yourself in the front row too to reflect damage and make sure your knights survive to use all their attacks.
    Last edited by Unkn0wnX; 12-11-2012, 09:15 AM.

I hate to ruin it for you, but AFK with only multi strike on the skill bar accomplishes virtually the same thing without any error or work involved. You will get 3 multi strikes and at least 6 auto attacks every time. Might not be 100% optimal, but considering I'm watching a movie instead of monitoring every attack I will take it. Throw Delphic in there as well, it wont go off much because you dont have Arrow Strike generating the rage, but it blends right in.

Comment

Why you post this secret?
      Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
      Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Server: S62
      Class: Archer

:cool::cool:

Comment

Shhhh Not Like He Works For Me To Explain The Archer Process In Detail Just So The GM's might consider taking off AFK mode...nothing like that at all~ ._.
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

hey .. Unkn0wnX .. you are kind man to post this here .. and this not just for archers .. each class can do auto attack b4 or after casting spell just need good timing and training but archers have the highest attack speed that they may do 3 attacks in same turn
          StormSprit
          OneLove .. S7

One Team .. One Dream

Comment

What attacks would a Knight use, to receive the same results? just "Slasher" and the auto attack? - I generally do 1)Slasher 2)Delphic 3)Slasher 4+) auto-attack... it allows me to do Delphic every time, and it attacks twice from 4+ (so, for me, I make roughly 45-50k total damage a round - 5k/16k/5k/5/5/5/5, give or take)

Comment

I don't know how the AFK works honestly (never tried it) but i manage to do 3 attacks against 1 sometimes , double attack works every time tho.
              And i think that every person should learn his character on his own , because this is what we call personal skills in this game since anyone can press 1 2 1 2 or w/e your rotation is.
              The point is that the game itself is too easy , and the triple or double shot is the only thing that depends on little personal skills that every person should learn in time.

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                Shhhh Not Like He Works For Me To Explain The Archer Process In Detail Just So The GM's might consider taking off AFK mode...nothing like that at all~ ._.
                I could agree with you to remove the AFK mode from WB , but in such places like catacombs or wild farming or even campaign maps the AFK button makes life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by S49_JTPM View Post
                  I could agree with you to remove the AFK mode from WB , but in such places like catacombs or wild farming or even campaign maps the AFK button makes life easier.
                  Agreed, but would ya prefer Blitz or Afk? ._.
                  'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                  X