Sylph choice help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph choice help

Hello,I am knight lvl 80 with 970k BR and I have 4 sylphs purple but not refined yet,wind,wather,dark and fire.
    My qustion is which sylph to use to refine 1st as main? I was think between fire and dark but still not sure yet.
    Thank you for any advice!

How do I get a sylph?

Comment

This really depends:

Wind -> patk, good for buffs and Aoe
      Water -> matk, healing alot, giving shield buffs, less dmg
      Dark -> patk, good Aoe, most br increase, more expensive skills
      Fire -> patk, good Aoe and bleeds, fast cooldowns

Refining Dark will cost you more ressources than the other 3 main element sylphs, make sure you have them.
      I personally went for fire but that was 2 years ago, then none had a fire sylph.
      Now i'd recommend Dark/Fire.

But tbh you need kind of all sylphes refined somewhen. Eg Wind for spire stage15+ and water for tok.

I hope that helped a bit deciding.

Comment

I would go with Fire sylph, out of your options. I like single-target DPS and Fire is the best for that (if you don't count Electro).

For overall advice, I recommend Fire for Mages, Electro for Archers and Knights. The reason? Elemental Forest / Narrandera Remains. There are bosses in these dungeons that are immune to MATK or PATK, so if your sylph is the opposite ATK to your toon, you can awaken and change your type of attack to suit different situations.
        Starblaze - S658

Comment

so if your sylph is the opposite ATK to your toon, you can awaken and change your type of attack to suit different situations.
          good point! but not only in dungeons its useful to have the opposite type of atk but also in any 1 on 1 battle against your own class.
          I mean mages naturally dont have a lot of pdef so chosing an patk sylph as a mage might turn the tides quickly in sylph round.

Comment

Yes, of course! I always recommend that people choose a main sylph that is the opposite ATK type to their toon, for my reasons stated above, and the extra reason just mentioned. So much flexibility in combat. As pointed out, a Mage with a PATK sylph (like Fire) can wreck another Mage easily, unless that other Mage has heavily focused on PDEF to cover its own weakness.

Then there are fused sylphs like Thor and Odin, who change it all completely. Odin skills deal PATK and MATK 'at the exact same time' so are extremely useful against Elemental Forest ice dual boss and good against any enemy. Thor fire skills deal PATK damage while Thor electro skills deal MATK damage, so you can use either type of ATK while in sylph mode. Extremely useful, but 60,000 bound balens is not easy to get.

Then there is poor little Frigga. Only deals MATK damage, even though it is a fusion of Wind (PATK) and Water (MATK). No PATK skills to be seen. Just good for heals.
            Starblaze - S658

Comment

Working...
            X