Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] Archer Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi is one of your main skills which you will use all the time, so max it. also you won't need scatter till 50+ mp's.

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
      multi is one of your main skills which you will use all the time, so max it. also you won't need scatter till 50+ mp's.
      There are more than one way to skin a cat. If you read the original post multi gets left behind so Blood thristy and and Deep Freeze can do their job. Don't want to have to buy heals all the time to regen.

Comment

Definitely one of the better archer guides in these forums, maybe even the best one.

I haven't seen much discussion of Armor Pierce. I am level 56 and have maxed out AP and have found it very useful in PvP (QTE bonus for AP is 25% damage boost). It is also useful in PvE but I use DF and ** more in PvE. It is difficult to get enough rage to use Delphic Sniper in most situations, and Lunatic is also difficult to use in PvP situations. Also, I never use Poison - you don't get crits from the extra hits and its damage is much lower than AP, DF, **, or Lunatic.

I agree with the comments about Talents. Stealth (reduce damage) is the only useful one, and I have no desire to take it past level 1 (1% for each additional level is ridiculous). You pretty much have no choice but to level up Holy Seal so that other players can't stun you. It's sad that the other talents are useless for archers.

The main problem I have is there is not enough room on the skill bar. I keep having to swap skills out for different situations. My AP, DF, and ** are all maxed out, but there are situations where I need Lunatic or Sniper, so I have to swap them out. IMHO, archers should always have Arrow and Multi on their skill bar, unless they are wearing a PvE set for the automatic rage regeneration. Arrow is needed to build up rage and you can't give up the auto-crit's from Multi.

Any thoughts or comments?
        Last edited by BlueDevil314; 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: correct misspellings

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevil314 View Post
          Definitely one of the better archer guides in these forums, maybe even the best one.

I haven't seen much discussion of Armor Pierce. I am level 56 and have maxed out AP and have found it very useful in PvP (QTE bonus for AP is 25% damage boost). It is also useful in PvE but I use DF and ** more in PvE. It is difficult to get enough rage to use Delphic Sniper in most situations, and Lunatic is also difficult to use in PvP situations. Also, I never use Poison - you don't get crits from the extra hits and its damage is much lower than AP, DF, **, or Lunatic.

I agree with the comments about Talents. Stealth (reduce damage) is the only useful one, and I have no desire to take it past level 1 (1% for each additional level is ridiculous). You pretty much have no choice but to level up Holy Seal so that other players can't stun you. It's sad that the other talents are useless for archers.

The main problem I have is there is not enough room on the skill bar. I keep having to swap skills out for different situations. My AP, DF, and ** are all maxed out, but there are situations where I need Lunatic or Sniper, so I have to swap them out. IMHO, archers should always have Arrow and Multi on their skill bar, unless they are wearing a PvE set for the automatic rage regeneration. Arrow is needed to build up rage and you can't give up the auto-crit's from Multi.

Any thoughts or comments?
          I am interested in AP. I read another website and a guy said it is very useful for WB. Rage is 35 and regens in 1 second. I am considering giving it a try. Right now I AS, MS and level 2 delphic for WB. When delphic crits it's 45-50K. I am only a level 46 archer right now so that is pretty good for me.

I'm not a level 50 yet so I can't speak to talents, but it sucks when you have to fight in BG with a level 50. Wartune should SERIOUSLY consider cutting off at level 49 to make the game fair.

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
            Ok, this thread isn't very active, but if someone happens to look at this please advise me if I should upgrade multi to level 2 or open scatter shot to level 1. I am stuck on cata boss at level 80. Fearful had 3 bars of hp left. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32543[/ATTACH]
            is it better if i skipped the multishot for catacombs? because imo it slowdown the rage speed that i use for df/**

Comment

Nice guide, it helped me with some stuff.

Need to ask OP and the others: How much critical is enough?

Read about formula 100 crit= 3% crit chance but with skills it would mean that at 2000 crit my crit chance with some skills is at that formula 100%(for example 20% passive, 20% arrow strike and 60% from the critical) and allthough it helps and i score a lot of crits its not like that every now and then i miss quit a lot(like 3 arrow strikes in a row). Seen guys with 3000 crit and they say that it really helps a lot at WB fights and i noticed it does. So how much is enough?

Comment

This guide is totally awesome keep up the good work! Wish I had it when i started!!

And looking forward to a breakdown on talents. I just hit lvl 50 and I'm going to spend to get my holy seal high enough to unlock something... maybe dmg reduction? not sure i use any of the skills that get benefits there. this must be geared more to ppl who are lvl 60+ and have a lot of skills to choose from or dual spec...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye035 View Post
                  Nice guide, it helped me with some stuff.

Need to ask OP and the others: How much critical is enough?

Read about formula 100 crit= 3% crit chance but with skills it would mean that at 2000 crit my crit chance with some skills is at that formula 100%(for example 20% passive, 20% arrow strike and 60% from the critical) and allthough it helps and i score a lot of crits its not like that every now and then i miss quit a lot(like 3 arrow strikes in a row). Seen guys with 3000 crit and they say that it really helps a lot at WB fights and i noticed it does. So how much is enough?
                  that formula is wrong, from chinese version they have 9k crit and it's not enough

Comment

Thats why i ask if anybody knows how it works and what is enough.

Comment

can i ask here? where can i free reset my character ? all skill and all stats ? tnx .

Comment

Can you tell me the skills appropriate for archer level 44 man

Comment

Originally posted by ZnF.ZhEe03 View Post
                          can i ask here? where can i free reset my character ? all skill and all stats ? tnx .
                          Unfortunately once your higher than LV 25 you can not reset your skill points for free. You have to use either Balens or Vouchers. And as far as I am aware of their
                          isn't anyway at all to reset your toons stats be it free or paying.

Comment

for king no information?

Comment

i have a question. the level 20 legendary trinkets say crit damage reduced my 5%, the ones from the crypt say crit damage recieved rate -5% so do the legendary trinket reduce the damage i take from crits or the damage i deal?

can someone ask a magister for me thanks

Comment

very nice guide
                                -----)darky | s115(-------

Comment

Working...
                                X