No announcement yet.

How to form a good party in the arena.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to form a good party in the arena.

Note:
    - This guide can't guarantee any success, because each player has stats which the r2 servers might not count in to make a good match. It tends to select an opposing team which has the same level as the player with the highest level in your team.

If you want to build a team for arena battle you have to take care of several things:

- Be strict. Do not deviate any time or you lose the battle or get a Pyrrhic victory.

- Choose the fellow players by the right level. This is a priority to get a good match.

Levels are separated in groups: 20-29, 30-39, 40-49 and so on. Always choose players within your group! This counts especially in case you have reached level 49. Do not invite a level 50(+) player or you get in serious trouble. From level 50 on a player can use talents and you'll be helpless when you haven't reached that level yet. In that case you should choose players with a level equal to yours or lower.

To be succesful you need to choose players within two levels from yours. When someone pops up with a level which is too low or too high, then kick him/her without hesitation! Remember it's the best for all. (This also counts for MPDs, although the range between levels may be larger and can even pass group limits).

- Q: What does happen if you do deviate and start with players whose levels are far higher or lower than you?

My experience is this:

- When I choose players with a much higher level than me, I'm the first one to die. In fact I've made myself useless.

- In the opposite situation sooner or later I find myself alone dealing with the enemy while the other players lie dead. In the arena your chances to win is minimal by then.

The consistency of your team is entirely to your liking and skills. It depends on how you are used to counteract to the opponents. Using the directions above a team of three knights might be able to defeat teams of either three archers or three mages.
    Never make the consistency of your group depend on your friends list, even when they are in the same guild! Only select them when you judge them suitable in your team.

Remember: this is not a warranty to success, but you get bigger chances to win. Any experience of yours is welcome in this thread.
    Server: S126 - Wilderiver
    Character: Urania
    Class: Knight

About forming "good party", I have also heard two "theories" of how matches are done:
    1. Matching the highest lvl of the party, as stated in this thread.
    2. Matching the SUM of all BR from the three players.

Well, I'm pretty sure that #1 is not true. When I was lvl 45 and the highest lvl of the group, we were given lvl 55+ opponents! I'm 100% sure of this because of their pvp set. So, don't tell me I'm faulty because my lvl is high!

For theory #2, it's hard to prove it's not correct, but I am very convinced it is not true either. Every time we fight, the other party members always have at least half their HP left! So....

Comment

it matches roughly by level. If it matched by BR - then all matches would be close - rather than so many being a whitewash by one side or the other.

you can narrow the brackets too. It matches within 5 level tiers. so 30 to 34, 35 to 39 etc... based on the highest level in the group.

If you have a mixed level tier group - you tend to get the same mixed level tier groups too.

Mages have a slightly easier time in arena due to AoE and healing - so if you're a knight or an archer - see if you can become the 'tank' for 2 mages.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Ginger is right. It "generally" matches by level and those levels are in groups of 5 so 30-34, 35-39, etc. I know it's not by BR. I'll give an example:

I was a level 34 Knight and I got in with a level 33 archer and a level 34 mage. The level 34 mage was a heavy casher and was already decked out. Her BR was at about a regular level 40+ player, mine and the archers were more consistent to our level. We won 30/30 and none were close. We never saw anyone on the other side with level 35 PVP gear or above so we know we weren't matched against anyone higher level.

Based on this if it were based on BR we would have met levels that were above ours. She was likely the strongest player on the server below level 35 so all of our battles were crushing victories. Obviously the matching is goofy sometimes that's why i put "generally". I think there can be some outliers but for the most part I've seen this stay pretty true to form, at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          it matches roughly by level. If it matched by BR - then all matches would be close - rather than so many being a whitewash by one side or the other.

you can narrow the brackets too. It matches within 5 level tiers. so 30 to 34, 35 to 39 etc... based on the highest level in the group.

(snipped)
          I would say this is not true. As I said, when I was lvl 45, we were given lvl 55 opponents.

Comment

AFAIK, Ginger's correct. Over time, the acceptable average level can increase or decrease.

Comment

Originally posted by WNewman View Post
              I would say this is not true. As I said, when I was lvl 45, we were given lvl 55 opponents.
              That could happen if no one opted into a fight and the system tries to match you up as good as possible. :/

Comment

Either this:

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                That could happen if no one opted into a fight and the system tries to match you up as good as possible. :/
                Or one of your party was level 55 or above...
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Lol our team were all at levels 35 - 39 and we were given opponents of a group of level 45+ or 55+ players all. What I mean all, not only 1 or 2 of them are level 45 or 55, all of them 3. We were only 1 - 3 hits by them, I can tolerate that as long as it is not often, 1 - 2 times is fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rheasteer View Post
                    Lol our team were all at levels 35 - 39 and we were given opponents of a group of level 45+ or 55+ players all. What I mean all, not only 1 or 2 of them are level 45 or 55, all of them 3.
                    How do you know they were 45+? or 55+?

Comment

How do you know they were 45+? or 55+?
                      You can generally tell by the gear if they don't use clothing. I've seen a SS of a group in another forum post 3 people(00Jaden00 lvl 46, PinkyKitty 38, Spremist 39) fighting a team of 55+ in arena.

The way that I've generally seen it work is for a fast queue you'll run into people +/- 5 of level of highest in the group. If the queue is getting longer it increases the range to +/- 10 the level of the highest in the group like if the queue is getting close to the 1 minute mark.

Because in my party that is currently 65-67 now we're running into 72's at times. Back when it was a party of 65-66 before one of the mages decided she wanted to level up higher I think the highest we ran into was a 70 now and then. Today though since she hit 67 last night we ran into a group that had a 71 and 72 in it. I knew their levels, gear, and BR from Cross Server Ranking and was the first time we had ran into them and we do the same GA bracket each day, as well as one of our 70's that does it normally at that time as well had said they used to always get them as well. Which if the 71 is always with that 72 would be why when we were running 65-66 range never ran into them, but now at 65-67 see them now.
                      Last edited by Daehawk; 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                        AFAIK, Ginger's correct. Over time, the acceptable average level can increase or decrease.
                        I would say the matched level is increased MORE than decreased because we got at most 3 wins in 30 runs! Come on! And I can't say it is *acceptable*.

Comment

Either this:

Or one of your party was level 55 or above...
                          LOL Do you really think I'm a 5 year-old boy and I can't even count beyond 40?? Come on! Please have a little respect to others. Other people in this forum are NOT necessarily stupid people.

I have written in a previous message that my player was the HIGHEST level in the group, and I'm not stupid.

Comment

This is what I would call a "killer argument"!! Because nobody can prove it's wrong!! Wah ha ha (sarcastic smiles)

Honestly, if this is your defense for those unfair matches, then we'd better boycott the group arena at all!! As a matter of fact, many players in my server have more or less boycotted the group arena since last patch 1.5 and they just do 5 attempts to finish the quest (or 10 attempts now with the Easter event).

Is it possible to have a log of all the participants and matches for a given day and a given period of time to see how the system was trying to do the matches? Seriously, I find it hard to believe "no one opted into a fight" in a Friday night just an hour before Guild Battle! Or a Saturday noon after World boss in which we can read the number of participants in our server.

And one more point, suppose there are not enough people to have a fair match, then why are we always matched with team of higher BR but not with lower BR? We have discussed this in our server (oh I forgot to say that we are playing Wartune in Kabam) and we all agree with this point. Is it because Kabam is using R2games servers that Kabam players have to lose some advantages? Or is it because Kabam servers and R2games servers are NOT using the same programs to evaluate and match teams? I really want to hear some official reply for this thing.

And to reply the very first post: I have read this from Wartune Wiki: http://wartune.wikia.com/wiki/Arena
                            It states that the matching is done by sum of BR.

So, are you going to say that wiki is incorrect?
                            Last edited by WNewman; 03-18-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

*snip*
                              Hey, you don't have to bite our heads off. It's just a discussion, no need to start acting like a ***. It's not my defense, as I don't have to defend anything. And yes: Wiki is incorrect. Surprise!

Comment

Working...
                              X