Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jortal's Mage Guide Part 3 (Astrals)

3. Astrals:
    a. One of the most important but overlooked portions of a character. The more orange astrals you get the better off you will be. They are more expensive to raise but give better benefits for the same investment
    b. Everyone has a slightly varied play style, I prefer to be consistent and not rely on crits and my build reflects this.
    i. The Holy 4: In my opinion these 4 should be done before and above any other if possible.
    1. Willpower: Magic Defense
    2. Fortitude: Physical Defsense
    3. Mysticality: Magic Attack
    ii. The others
    1. Force : Physical attack
    a. This is for the ‘lesser’ classes, well non mages anyway.
    2. Snipers Edge: Criticals
    a. If you are a ‘Crit Mage’ then this is for you, if not go with Will Destoyer
    3. Enshieldment: Block
    a. Mostly a knight skill I have not played with this one
    4. Brilliance: HP
    a. Arguably this should be included as a Primary for the class as it will keep you alive longer and help your Suntoria.
    5. Charm: Charisma
    a. More troops, this is the only astral to help with your troops strength at the time of this writing
    6. Will Destroyer
    a. If you are a ‘Crit Mage’ ignore this
    b. For the rest of us this disables your ability to crit, but you will do additional damage, in the case of an orange 5% per level of the Astral.
    7. Goddess Blessing
    a. Reduces the damage you take by x% per level of the astral
    8. Aegis
    a. Reduces damage by # of points per level of astral. I have tested this and in my opinion not a wise investment
    9. Ruthlessness
    a. Floating damage expanded by x% per level
    i. This one takes some explaining. Damage in Wartunes is calculated by comparing your MATK/PATK and the defenders MDEF/PDEF and then there is a range of about 10% plus or minus that you can take. This is called floating damage. If you raise the top end by 15% and the lower the bottom end by 15% you will have some hits that are very high and some that are very low, but over the course of time you will AVERAGE to the same exact damage. In my opinion a great way to waste a ton of gold is to level this Astral.
    10. Illusion
    a. Increases dodge by x% per level: Great at higher levels, in testing at lower levels (40’s & 50’s) the Goddess Blessing provided better protection.
    11. Determination
    a. Crit base increase, great for ‘Crit Mages’
    12. Deflection
    a. 10% chance to deflect x% damage/level of received damage; not a great choice in my opion, if I’m getting hit for 5k damage, 10% of the time I will get to hit them for an extra 500 damage. There are much better astrals out there.
    13. Blessed Health
    a. 10% chance to gain x HP/level of astral. Similar to Deflection too little too late, at 58 I have nearly 30,000 HP so 1600 HP occasionally will make a difference in a VERY close fight but not enough for me to slot this just yet.
    14. Regeneration
    a. Regaom HP = 10%/level of damage dealt, 10% Triger Rate, MAX 5K HP Returned
    i. This one I haven’t used but it seems useful in the people I’ve seen use it.
    15. Guardian Angel
    a. Chance of receiving a crit reduced by x% per level.
    i. If your server is archer heavy like mine this is a great one to pick up at 50/60/70. I have an archer I regularly fight and beat, but about 20% of the time he just gets the lucky crits and beats me, this will reduces his crits. Archers live and die by the crit.

Originally posted by R27626879 View Post
    a. This is for the ‘lesser’ classes, well non mages anyway.
    Yea this phrase right here completely negates the value of this strategy guide. Any credibility you might have had is gone with this.
    Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
    BR: 67K
    Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

So what 6 astrals would you use at level 60s and which 7 would you use at level 70s?

Comment

Working...
      X