Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stealing from friends farms - some numbers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sycocys View Post
    ...L2 4 hour seeds, Lvl 1 farm, and 8 gold...
    ...you could only steal 200 times a day...
    ...You'll steal
    A single steal usually gives you 10% of the crop's value. So, 200 steals is in fact 300,000, not 200,000 (200*(15,000*10%)=200*1,500=300,000).
    Assuming all the other numbers are valid, of course. That said, you would benefit from this, but someone still suffers so my point is somewhat moot.
    Just wanted to point this out.

Comment

if you're smart, you plant 1hr seeds and only steal 4hr or longer seeds...guaranteed "profit".

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowscarred View Post
        A single steal usually gives you 10% of the crop's value. So, 200 steals is in fact 300,000, not 200,000 (200*(15,000*10%)=200*1,500=300,000).
        Assuming all the other numbers are valid, of course. That said, you would benefit from this, but someone still suffers so my point is somewhat moot.
        Just wanted to point this out.
        10% is not the number that I saw in my testing for what you get when you steal, it is what you lose per stolen tick. My findings show you get just under 7% per steal you do.

Comment

10% is not the number that I saw in my testing for what you get when you steal, it is what you lose per stolen tick. My findings show you get just under 7% per steal you do.
          That's unfortunate - I steal 10%.
          Edit: Confirmed. I stole 900 daru from a l2 4h daru seed, which is exactly 10% of the 9,000 expected yield. Conveniently, the subject had a level 1 farm.
          Last edited by Shadowscarred; 05-30-2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

seriously, If it was "against the rules" or "unfair" then they wouldn't have put stealing in the game.

Comment

Surely, if someone steals from your farm, and you didn't want them to, just kick them off your friends list! They won't do it again. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Zedcar View Post
                Surely, if someone steals from your farm, and you didn't want them to, just kick them off your friends list! They won't do it again. Problem solved.
                That's what I do.

I started out with 200 Friends, now only left with 112 Friends (that doesn't steal from my farm, but still tends to it), it's awesome.

Comment

This isn't a debate about what you do or don't do concerning farming, or how you might get butt hurt if people don't let you steal their cops while they are at work. This was simply a look at the numbers I derived from a months data collection.

Can you profit if you don't let people steal from yours and you cash in all day? Yes.

Can you break even if your crops get stolen all day to the max? The numbers showed me that you can not under equal circumstances (which is what most of you who counter argue, and didn't read the actual post miss).

Do people get butt hurt on the internet because someone showed them math calculations and opened a discussion? Quite obviously.

Comment

This isn't a debate about what you do or don't do concerning farming, or how you might get butt hurt if people don't let you steal their cops while they are at work. This was simply a look at the numbers I derived from a months data collection.

Can you profit if you don't let people steal from yours and you cash in all day? Yes.

Can you break even if your crops get stolen all day to the max? The numbers showed me that you can not under equal circumstances (which is what most of you who counter argue, and didn't read the actual post miss).

Do people get butt hurt on the internet because someone showed them math calculations and opened a discussion? Quite obviously.
                    Do the math again.

Comment

Working...
                    X