Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

IT's Archer guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT's Archer guide

Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself. I am IronThom (IT), currently playing on S247. The reason I am doing this guide, is for to help the beginners, like I was when I started it, and also to help and point out the common mistakes that one should NOT commit. This guide is not entirely a non-casher guide, but you can find out for yourself how to get by, if you dont want to buy balens. When our server started I was a mediocre archer, TOP100 at best. Then I spent hours reading guides, FAQs and analysing the game. By the time I hit lvl 45 I was one of the TOP 3 archers, and constantly being TOP 3 in world boss fights. Now our server got merged, yet I am still TOP10 in the server and TOP5 amongst archers.

I. Let's get started!

My personal advice is to pick a fresh server, cause new servers are full of events and prizes, that makes you stronger in a short time. If you can afford buying a VIP, thats a great addition for your account, cause it means 580k(500+60+20) extra gold every 3 days from the VIP wheel. If you cant or wont afford it, then collect the VIP tokens and DO NOT use your 1 hour VIP card till you have at least 360 VIP token. That is 10 full spin, meaning around 5,8mil gold and some crystals etc.

If you are planning to recharge the account, use it smartly. I would reccomend spending balens on mounts, gem transposers, and for the monthly events boxes, that can get you special mounts. What to expect when you start. You will have tons of impulses at the start. Most important is to pick and join one of the strongest guilds, cause being member of a strong guild is key element for this game.

II. The Archer class

You picked the archer class. Let's review it's main pros and cons.

Pro
    • Highest single target dmg ---> you will own the world boss and get loads of darus and golds
    • Only Archer's have debuff skill ( Scatter shot ) and cast reduce ( Deep Freeze ) ---> there are some dungeons that can't be done without you
    • It's so damn fun to put out a 100k Delphic Sniper without using balens.

Con
    • You have only one real AoE(Area of Effect) skill ---> A bit more difficult to fight in BG(Battleground) and Catacombs
    • Your MDEF is significantly lower than your PDEF, so you take some serious damage from Mages
    • The later the game, the more difficult it is, to be at the top.

III. Skills

Click image for larger version

Name:	wartune skills.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1737852

This is a full damage skill tree. You can use this in WB(WorldBoss) for max damage, Spire, BG, GB. In dungeons Deep-Freeze + Scatter Shot skill line is more rewarding.

Arrow Strike - Your bread and butter. Spam this to collect rage.
    Multi Shot - You will use this quite often, double hit, with guaranteed critical, and it won't cost you any rage because of the passive skill Acumen.
    Acumen - Max it ASAP, it gives 5 extra rage after each of your critical hit.
    Focused Attack - Same as Acumen, Max it. 15% PATK boost <3
    Eye of the Eagle - Increasing Crit and HP? Gimme gimme gimme. Max it.

So these are the basic skills, that I recommend to max. Then it's up to you whether to buy double-skill tree, or make a compromise and build up both the debuff and dmg skill tree.

Bloodthirsty Strike - Very useful for everywhere expect WB, it basically deals a nice amount of dmg and gives you lifesteal.
    Delphic Sniper - This makes you an animal, and lets you own WB-es. Damn high single target dmg.
    Lunatic Fire - The only real AoE skill for you
    Battle Prowess - It gives you and your teammates up to 10% extra dmg, comes in handy.
    Scatter Shot - At max level it debuffs 3 positive buff from ALL enemy. It can debuff also the shield of knights. Very useful.
    Poison Shot - If you are not on double-skill tree and chose this part of the tree then this is the skill that can turn the tide on your side
    Deep Freeze - Well its basically meant to destroy monsters that cast a lot, incredible in Forgotten Catacombs
    Armor Piercer - PDEF reduce and nice chunk of dmg

Delphic Death Star and Incidenary Shot are two high dmg high reward skills. Though they are only for later.

IV. The Game!

By the time you are reading this guide, you have already done the introdcuing phase of the game. Now look at what is waiting for you.

Town Hall - The level of the TH decides the max level of the other buildings.
    Academy - The currency of the Academy is Kyanite. You can get it from plundering, doing quests, harvesting and from chests. I recommend to max your own skills first, but dont abandon troop skills, cause they are also important part of the game, ( BG, WB, Cata )
    Arena - In the Multi-Arena you have 30 attempts, that gives you insignia and in case of victory cross-server points. You should aim every week to have 1000 points in order to get a Warriors Mark, that contains Mount Spirit card. After 15 you can have a special mount, and after 25 another one. Mounts are very very important to make you stronger. The solo arena is for exp and items, and every 3rd day depending on your rank you get hundreds of thousands of gold and daru.
    Warehouse and Cottage - These buildings are for gold storage and the amount of troops you can have stored.
    Market and Mystic Gate - Market is only for Cashers, everything cost balens. Mystic Gate is for teleporting from one area to another one.
    Barracks - Another important builnding, where you can upgrade and recruit your troops. So some words about troops. The damage output by troops is the difference between failure and victory in Catacombs or being a TOP10 in WB fight. At the moment the highest possible troops are Warlock and Templar. I highly reccomend picking Templars. Though you have to hit lvl 50 till you can get 'em, so before that you will have to spend daru even if you don't want to. Knights will be very useful, but I don't recommend to upgrade them more than level 40. You will need a hell lot of darus for templars. Also enlighten will be available with troops, choose the PATK enlightement for Templars, and upgrade it. Every try will cost one million daru, so again, SPARE your darus, you will need a lot.
    Bounty Hall - Well personally I am not a slow leveler, so Bount Hally is a good place for me, cause it gives you 20 daily quest for EXP and Gold.
    Altar of Ennoblement - 2 hours praying will give you 60 extra stamina daily. That means 3 extra streak/day.
    Hall of Heroes - Here you can do Multipalyer Dungeons, 3 times a day for rewards and after that you can help out. And Spire once a day, and you cant do it anymore that day. I highly reccomend to find a team at the start of the game with the same pace of leveling up and strength, so you can do MPs and Spire together also you can exchange roses, which will result in higher friendliness meaning more EXP and lot of extra stats, like HP,Patk/Matk, Charisma, Def boost. And believe me, doing MP and Spire with random people is tiring and not so fun. Also after a time you will have to do legendary runs for stones, so its better do it with trustworthy people you know since the start of the server.
    Blacksmith - It's a useful little place. You will learn everything about it at lvl 20 with the in-game guide.
    Forgotten Catacombs - It's the home of the Catacombs with 100 levels, and after you finish it Tormented Necropolis will be available also. Spare the crypt keys and tokens for later on, when they will be useful, cause Necropolis has an entrance fee of 3 keys. And you will need tons of tokens for items and shards and mounts. If you complete Cata, you will be able to buy a powerful mount for 6,000 token.
    Tank Trials - Daily fun to get runes. If you have a team that I mentioned this is also better to play with pals. Better strategy, more wins, more runes.
    Tree of Ancients - Basically your daily voucher and kyanite collecting place, also the place of the farm, where you can gro and harvest gold,daru,exp and kyanite. I recommend 1 kyanite plot and the rest
    Guild - As I mentioned earlier your key element to be a strong player. First you have to pick one of the strongest guild for weekly rewards from Guild Battles ( Honor and Insignia ). Also strong guilds get to level 10 guild faster, which is the max level at the moment. You will be able to spend tons of money in the guild. From the level 10 shop you will be able to buy a special and powerful mount. It's gonna cost 50 million, yes, FIFTY million golds. The guild skills are though the most important things, upgrade them ASAP, lots of million of golds, but it's worth it. Believe me. You will be really strong. Guild Skills >>> Astrals.
    Astrals - If you have max level guild skills then it is time for astrals. Most important astrals for you will be PATK, Critical, Crit base dmg, PDEF, MDEF, Damage reduction.

V. Gameplay

You can do a lot of stuffs every day. Let's review them. Daily quests and main quests are recommended to do for rewards. Event quests are even more recommended cause they give you the rewards that are needed for the monthly events. You can exchange those for various items, such as mounts. <3

Battlegrounds: 2 times a day you can collect shards. Every 60 shards you can exchange for a battleground chest that contains either gems, socketing rods, crypt keys or some other nice reward. If you have a lot of time the best way is two collect shard in the first two BG, then enter only for killing which results in collecting honor. Honor is needed for higher ranks. After you hit 32,000 honor you will be a Crusader with a kick-*** mount, that you can buy for 10,000insignia and also every higher rank you can buy a better medallion.

World Boss: Well WB is the main gold and daru place. You can do it 3 times a day, and since you are am archer you have the best shot to be the best dmg outputter. Here is my personal strategy. For WB fights I change astrals. You don't really need def astrals but charisma astral. It is really good because you will have more troops resulting in more damage. Also if you can afford change the gems in your equipment from def gems to charisma and crit gems. And always use lvl 3 power and charisma potions for extra damage output. At the first levels you won't be able to hold 5 hits from the WB. So during these times spare your vouchers and put your troops in front. After you can endure 5 hits from the WB you can put yourself in front of your troops, so they can do damage through the whole fight. Also with vouchers you can have a 50% stat boost. Definitely a good one. Your goal is to do as much double hits as possible. Here is how I do:

0.round before boss hits Multi-Shot
    1.round Arrow Strike + normal
    2.round AS + normal
    3.round normal + Multi-Shot
    4.round (depending on luck normal) + Delphic Sniper, if you are lucky you can have a normal before DS
    5.round ( last round ) normal + Multi-Shot

After 5th round you are dead, cause boss does his ulti that deals millions of damage.

There are 3WB/day, participate in as much as you can because the amount of gold and daru is priceless.

Items - DON'T USE your socketing rods. This is my first advice. At the beginning of the server you will be able to collect around 7-8 rods, save them for later levels. I first used them with my level 45 set. Then again for my 55 set. This can save you balens for other items or you can socket your full set without using balens. Also collect either the PvP or PvE set. Both are really good, however if you have clothings and you can afford, PvE set is a bit better. Or at least this is the theory amongst pro players. Refining is a good way to have the stats you are looking for in your item set. PATK,Strength,Defense,Endurance,Crit,Charisma. These are the most important ones. You can have 5 stats so refine till you have at least 4 of the mentioned ones.

Class Wars - Once per monthe there is a special event for lvl 50+ players. You will only compete against other archers. So for this event lose the MDEF gems and place HP/PDEF instead of them. Also potion up fully. You will win glory crystals that can be used in the Glory Shop for nice items.

Mounts And for last but not least the Mounts. I have already mentioned them a couple of times. You will be able to get them from level 40. Everyone receives a free mount that can be mounted with training whips and/or balens. The priority is Power>Defense>Endurance>Intelligence. You can get some extremely powerful mounts for free. I have mentioned them above but let's review them quickly again. Getting 32,000 honor you get the Crusader mount for 10,000insignia. Completing level 100 of Catacombs you get the mount for 6,000tokens. And in a level 10 guild shop you get the mount for 50 millions of gold. Two other free mounts can be obtained with Mount Spirit cards. These cards you get from the Warrior's Mark chest. Also after level 50 you will be able to participate in the Class Wars and buy mounts in the Glory Shop. Also watch for the monthly special events that gives away mounts. Some can be collected without balens. For instance this month the Alpaca. Some is not collectable without balens. It is up to you in these cases. Also if you are buying balens do it during the special event phase when it pays to recharge if I remember correctly. You can get one of the most powerful mount with that, and also buy some mediocre one in the shop.

VI. Epilogue

This guide is not a complete one and also not the best one. Because there is simply not a best one. You can build and play in so many ways and all of it can be rewarding and winning. However I play the game this way and I wanted to share it with you guys and I hope it will be useful for a lot of beginners. Feel free to ask if you have any questions or share your thoughts.

IronThom

Nice guide where new archer players can find fresh infos
    GJ, i want do something like that but cant find time

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Thanks for the response :P Well I am sure if you have the will to write your own guide you will find the time sooner or later :P

Comment

Originally posted by Thomasson View Post
        Thanks for the response :P Well I am sure if you have the will to write your own guide you will find the time sooner or later :P
        Archer is the worst class in this game xD so my own guide will be short - change class xD
        Im to lazzy for start over

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Archer is the worst class, Really?? i'm sure u get beat around by them alot.
          IGN: Frenzone
          SERVER: 287
          CLASS: MAGE
          PLAYER TYPE: NON-CASHER AND NO VIP ( LOL :p)
          LEVEL: 64
          BATTLE RATING: 95k
          SYLPHS:
          2 Star Blue Gaia, 2 Star Blue Iris, 2 Star Blue Pan and 3 Star Blue Fire Sylph :p

Hard training them, but i think its worth it for different situations ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
            Archer is the worst class in this game xD so my own guide will be short - change class xD
            Im to lazzy for start over
            archers mage killers,mages are knight killers and knights are archer killers

Originally posted by pusky View Post
            he plays an archer........

Comment

Originally posted by pusky View Post
              I play archer 59v 50k+ br and ic rank...i know about what i talking

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                archers mage killers,mages are knight killers and knights are archer killers

he plays an archer........
                This was main idea before last patches...now archers need crazy crit stat for be good in pvp what means lower def = if 50k br mage fight vs archer without more then 3k crit - win

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
                X