Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Izerkil
    replied
    Maybe floating damage just expand borders of damage? I mean, when i use Multi-shot - damage maybe different for every shot, i see 1300 damage and next be 1700, so i start to think about some range of damage like in other games (example 570-780). If it's true, that astro increase upper damage limit.
    Last edited by Izerkil; 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kheperos
    replied
    Not that the Soul of Grace astral was all that useful to begin with, but if Soul of Ashura just increases your overall damage by 7% > 5% and with no drawback, what the point of it?

Leave a comment:

• jenas
    replied
    I guess with our damage now, the effect of that astro is not that obvious, and floating by 7% percent, that is a chance to increase and reduce

Leave a comment:

• mazulmoriti
    replied
    Originally posted by morhogg View Post
    It can be truth that it actually increase all the damage dealt ( imho it works also for rebound/thorns/reflect or what is it called ). Im not sure if it works for the abilities granted by astrals tho - the 10% chance to reflect 10% damage. If yes, it can be used in some nice combos out there.
    Cheers
    Did anyone verify with their own eyes whether or not it works with the "Reversed Damage" warrior skill?

Leave a comment:

• loraquin
    replied
    One of em clearly says : disable crit damage when attacking but damage is increased by 5%, meaning you won't be able to do critical hits anymore but all your dmg is increased by 5%, it doesn't say anything about floating dmg not affecting criticals.

Leave a comment:

• autlos
    replied
    Both raises your base attack or the attack you do, but cant hit criticals

Leave a comment:

• loraquin
    replied
    Ok, so we have a yellow astral, that increases floating damage by 7%, or in another word, increases the damage you do by 7%. But on the other hand we have an astral that disables your critical to increase your overall damage by 5% ? Either they are wrong, or it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Kheperos
    replied
    So since I wasn't sure what the Astral does, I sent a question to support. This is the answer I got:

John Smith,

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, ##@$@$ with the following response:

John Smith,

The floating damage refers to the number that appears above the toons when they are dealt with damage. Therefore, the "Soul of Ashura"'s effect is that it amplifies your overall damage. We are still looking into the issue if necessary changes should be made about its description to avoid confusion or mislead players. If you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.

-The R2Games Team

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

So LordMagus was right, it's just a percent increase to all your damage. Seems pretty good at higher levels. (and yes, that is the exact email I received, engrish and all )

Leave a comment:

• WrenBoh
    replied
    Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
    I'm sure of it now. I tested my damage against multiple targets of varying PDEF with my +14% Floating Damage Astral on and off.

Against tanky Knights, I saw little increase. My average damage went up by exactly 14%, however doesn't give as much as an extra +288 extra PATK (which is a lower level and rarity Astral).

Against mages, however, that 14% increase was much more than +288 PATK would give.
    Nice info there LordMagus. Now that really puts into perspective on whether to take this particular astral or not. I am imagining that you are a mage based upon your name. If not what class are you so we can consider what class it would be designed to help out the most.

Leave a comment:

• LordMagus
    replied
    I'm sure of it now. I tested my damage against multiple targets of varying PDEF with my +14% Floating Damage Astral on and off.

Against tanky Knights, I saw little increase. My average damage went up by exactly 14%, however doesn't give as much as an extra +288 extra PATK (which is a lower level and rarity Astral).

Against mages, however, that 14% increase was much more than +288 PATK would give.

Leave a comment:

• akemi8i8
    replied
    Consider it like true damage. It adds to everything. (Procs/heals/damage/dots/etc.) Or it defends you from anything. (Flat damage reduction)

From what ive tested so far. =x

Leave a comment:

• morhogg
    replied
    It can be truth that it actually increase all the damage dealt ( imho it works also for rebound/thorns/reflect or what is it called ). Im not sure if it works for the abilities granted by astrals tho - the 10% chance to reflect 10% damage. If yes, it can be used in some nice combos out there.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• xCrimsonXero
    replied
    Yup, that's why it would be silly

Leave a comment:

• LordMagus
    replied
    Originally posted by xCrimsonXero View Post
    I've heard from multiple people it's to add for your DoT / Poison damage, but now that you mention about the floating damage text it seems a bit more likely to be universal for classes.
    But there are only like 2 skills in the whole game that deal DoT. Having a stat affect that would be so trivial.

Leave a comment:

• xCrimsonXero
    replied
    I've heard from multiple people it's to add for your DoT / Poison damage, but now that you mention about the floating damage text it seems a bit more likely to be universal for classes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X