Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Guide] How to deal with Multiplayer Dungeon Invitation Spammers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] How to deal with Multiplayer Dungeon Invitation Spammers

Now I gotta say, One of the most annoying things that happen in this game is that people have the ability to spam invites to anyone and everyone in a very simple mass click format with no restrictions. Many people are probably frustrated and think "well, it's time to turn on the 'reject all invites' button," but is that really enough?
    You enjoy helping people, but every once in awhile you want a break from that....hell, maybe you're just waiting for someone to invite you to a run you yourself needs and decided maybe you should leave the reject all button unchecked while you do some other errands in the game.

Now you maybe saying that anyone who is stupid enough to leave the 'reject all invites' button unchecked deserves to be screwed over. If your a veteran player like me, you've probably realized the only point of having the invite button in arena/multi-player dungeons is to troll people. I mean you got a friends list and a pm button and a guild, so the obvious solution would be to tell people "Lern2Ask." That is something 83% of the people in the world find too challenging to do. Meeting and greeting is by far the most challenging thing to do and now you want us to talk to one another and ask for help? Nope too much pride, too much time. What? Is it too hard or too time consuming to enter a room and type a password? Simple answer, is yes.

Now that we've established the point of what the invite button is for, I will teach you how to deal with it.
    The best way to deal with constant invite spammers is not to ignore them. They will just keep spamming you every chance they get. What you want to do is:

- Accept the invite, and sit in the room go read some manga, watch a movie, or catch up on the news...etc until they realize you are gone and decides to kick you. Doing this enough times will send a message that you are unreliable so the spam will move to someone else.

In a more extreme case where he decides he does want to keep spamming you regardless of the above.
    - Accept the invite and enter the dungeon. Then leave immediately. (This method should only be used if you have finished your daily runs)

If it is Team Arena:
    -Get naked and 'help' them lose. (This method should only be done if you have finished you Team Arena attempts)

Now the ultimate way of getting vengeance and sending a clear cut message that spamming you for help is a bad idea:
    -find out who this player is and what his daily run schedule is (rough estimate of what time he tends to invite you for multi-player dungeon runs) and then go set out to do either a solo or with some help in a 3 man team to get to the last boss and invite that person into the run hoping he will join. Once he does, leave him there alone so he loses out on one of the most rewarding and high exp part of the day.

No one should have to suffer from spam invites. But than again, it is part of the game so screwing people in this way is also fair play since even though many suggestions of putting delays on invites to prevent spamming or add a filter on the level range that can invite people to join runs have all been....well ignored, then it must mean this is the correct way to do things. The best part is when being invited into a run that has already started, THERE IS NO WARNING to tell you that the run has started and you will lose out on exp!

To the loves and joys of playing the villain and taking justice to a whole new level. I hope this helps everyone
    Yes!!! I wish I did this sooner!!!
    50.00%
    No, but thanks for teaching me how to play <3
    50.00%

Lol.... ur such a troll.

It's not hard to leave your settings on Reject. Quite easy to do, eliminates spammers until you are ready to accept invites for mps/arena etc. The only people I holler at for this is Guildmates who spam me when they know quite well I am not done my runs. Then I just sit there and not move and read a book
    Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

HAHA!!! Nice!!! Can you also write a guide on what exactly the blacklist button is for? I seriously want to no since it doesnt do any of the obvious functions most games would use it for. =P
      Ex.
      Blocking out invite from a specific person
      Blocking out chat from that person
      Blocking the existance of the person from you

Comment

ah, the classic "out-troll the troll" methods.
        But what if i wanted to stay as a nice guy?
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzie View Post
          HAHA!!! Nice!!! Can you also write a guide on what exactly the blacklist button is for? I seriously want to no since it doesnt do any of the obvious functions most games would use it for. =P
          Ex.
          Blocking out invite from a specific person
          Blocking out chat from that person
          Blocking the existance of the person from you
          yeah, they shouldn't even be allowed to pm you invite you to dungeons and you shouldn't see them in chat ..... I totally would love blacklist to do that.
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by R1D1A View Post
            THERE IS NO WARNING to tell you that the run has started and you will lose out on exp!
            Yea man this is totally lame. Like seriously a *** moment man....why we get no notice of this **** before it happens

Comment

I was mad when someone invited at the 5th guardian of ToK. But seriously, the blacklist option should be improvised like Wazzie said.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                Lol.... ur such a troll.

It's not hard to leave your settings on Reject. Quite easy to do, eliminates spammers until you are ready to accept invites for mps/arena etc. The only people I holler at for this is Guildmates who spam me when they know quite well I am not done my runs. Then I just sit there and not move and read a book
                You sir are very organized. But most people will forget and the point is to eliminate the pests that don't understand rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                  ah, the classic "out-troll the troll" methods.
                  But what if i wanted to stay as a nice guy?
                  This guide is for those who have outgrown nice. Come back in 2 weeks =)

Comment

My favourite is those who SPAM slow levelers with high XP things... like Spire.

I too got bored of the SPAM requests so I started joining the group and sitting without clicking ready...

He then invited me to join once the group was in the prep screen... so I waited till he started and then quit.

Needless to say he hasn't bothered me with invites since.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Working...
                    X