No announcement yet.

Vodka's non-cash mage guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have max heal for my mage and i heal 5k-6k and i didnt pick the big party heal just lvl 2 suntoria

Comment

Originally posted by Menaechmus View Post
      i have max heal for my mage and i heal 5k-6k and i didnt pick the big party heal just lvl 2 suntoria
      Yea but that cost a turn remember? Can your heals outmatch the next turn's damage? If not then its not worth it

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
        Yea but that cost a turn remember? Can your heals outmatch the next turn's damage? If not then its not worth it
        there are few people who can dish out 5-6k dmg in one turn so its quiet useful also it gives +15% dmg reduction for 2 turns as for suntoria as of now it heals me with aroun 800+ heal per turn so if someone would deal like 2k dmg to me -800+ heals its like only dealing 1.2k dmg

Comment

This Guide Is Nab Try This One Better: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-Archer-Knight <---- Applies for Casher and NonCasher (Benefits noncashers the most)
          Last edited by ProNab; 09-09-2012, 09:34 PM.
          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

W would like to know cos i haven't seen it myself - heal - can crit or not ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by morhogg View Post
              W would like to know cos i haven't seen it myself - heal - can crit or not ?

Cheers
              Based on experience, yes it can. I normally heal within 1.8-3K, then occasionally crit for 4k which is awesome.

Comment

*blinks* wow.. lots of input here.. okay.. let's look at it like this.. I'm fully speced Heal.. which means, I invest my skill points into the first hit and the first AOE going down the line of hit skills.
                That's it. (later, I'll have to invest in the totally useless other two hits in order to get that string skill, but not yet)
                To move down the heal line, you do get an extra AOE in order to get the next heal. Which is good.. for rage build up purposes!

I invest in my passives, because of either the extra stats (which does matter) or the bonus rage per victim.
                Rage per victim with AOE (as long as you're hitting 3+ mobs) the rage replenishes almost to where it was.

MATK as well as crit is a factor in how much you heal.. yes, heals do take up rage, but with just three (for now) hits that I use, I don't use rage.. I probably have more rage built up by the end of the fight than someone who is straight out fighting. And those heals have kept the tank alive when otherwise he'd be dead, not to mention the rest of the group with the Group HOT.

Do I care that someone does more damage than me? Nope.. it's my job to keep that person alive in order to finish the dungeon.. and it feels good to be able to do dungeons with just me and another that takes 3+ ppl to do at lvl.

What it boils down to is this... are you the type that wants to beat the mob? or do you want everyone, including those with low defense, to live through the battle? Do you want be able to say you crited for 5k? or do you want to be able to say you made it further in the catacombs than the 5ker by two levels?

Some people weren't meant for healing.. some of us are.. I have always been a healer in every game I've played that it was allowed. Still feels good!
                Last edited by Ambrozia; 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM.
                May the sun warm your soul, the moon light your eyes, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrozia View Post
                  *blinks* wow.. lots of input here.. okay.. let's look at it like this.. I'm fully speced Heal.. which means, I invest my skill points into the first hit and the first AOE going down the line of hit skills.
                  That's it. (later, I'll have to invest in the totally useless other two hits in order to get that string skill, but not yet)
                  To move down the heal line, you do get an extra AOE in order to get the next heal. Which is good.. for rage build up purposes!

I invest in my passives, because of either the extra stats (which does matter) or the bonus rage per victim.
                  Rage per victim with AOE (as long as you're hitting 3+ mobs) the rage replenishes almost to where it was.

MATK as well as crit is a factor in how much you heal.. yes, heals do take up rage, but with just three (for now) hits that I use, I don't use rage.. I probably have more rage built up by the end of the fight than someone who is straight out fighting. And those heals have kept the tank alive when otherwise he'd be dead, not to mention the rest of the group with the Group HOT.

Do I care that someone does more damage than me? Nope.. it's my job to keep that person alive in order to finish the dungeon.. and it feels good to be able to do dungeons with just me and another that takes 3+ ppl to do at lvl.

What it boils down to is this... are you the type that wants to beat the mob? or do you want everyone, including those with low defense, to live through the battle? Do you want be able to say you crited for 5k? or do you want to be able to say you made it further in the catacombs than the 5ker by two levels?

Some people weren't meant for healing.. some of us are.. I have always been a healer in every game I've played that it was allowed. Still feels good!
                  Have Ya Bothered To Check My Build? It's Pretty Much The Best of Both Worlds O,..,e
                  'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                  ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                    Have Ya Bothered To Check My Build? It's Pretty Much The Best of Both Worlds O,..,e
                    Just looked at it.. and yes.. it seems it's the same concept.. don't know why you singled me out, my input was just that, input. I've always been a healer/dps type in all the games I've played.. it doesn't bother me to be lower end of dps when I can help keep the group alive. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I'll eventually invest in some of the other stuff, but not right now, not at the expense of my heals lol

lvl 38 here and having very li'l trouble with anything.. my biggest concern atm is getting my astrals up >:O.. I keep getting the orange ones I don't want and feed them to my purples lol such is life.. ANYwhom... yeah

May the moon light your eyes, the sun warm your soul, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit.
                    Amber
                    May the sun warm your soul, the moon light your eyes, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit

Comment

is it advisible to get the gryphon when i reach level 30 or stick with the my Paladin(LvL 24) and upgrade it more?

IGN: Xander07
                      Server: S16
                      Class: Mage
                      Guild: ReDMooN

Facebook:
                      Twitter: @iamXander7

Comment

Originally posted by Ambrozia View Post
                        Just looked at it.. and yes.. it seems it's the same concept.. don't know why you singled me out, my input was just that, input. I've always been a healer/dps type in all the games I've played.. it doesn't bother me to be lower end of dps when I can help keep the group alive. Don't get me wrong, as I said, I'll eventually invest in some of the other stuff, but not right now, not at the expense of my heals lol

lvl 38 here and having very li'l trouble with anything.. my biggest concern atm is getting my astrals up >:O.. I keep getting the orange ones I don't want and feed them to my purples lol such is life.. ANYwhom... yeah

May the moon light your eyes, the sun warm your soul, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit.
                        Amber
                        Didn't Mean to make you feel singled out lolz, but yes same here, until I get restoration and suntoria maxed i doubt i'll gather any other skills, the ones after that will more likely be damnation for single pvp's as RoF should be more then enough to wipe troops in 1-2 sitting with arena gear on (dealing 2-2.4k x2 with arena gear on and RoF)
                        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by Xander07 View Post
                          is it advisible to get the gryphon when i reach level 30 or stick with the my Paladin(LvL 24) and upgrade it more?
                          I Stopped leveling my paladins at 20-22 I forgot, and then focus on gryphs till 32 and stopped, currently 38 (VEEERRRYYY close to 39 by a few %) and will hope to get the angels to 33-35 with 3M+ Dura ._.
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by Xander07 View Post
                            The gryphs' base stats are a bit ugly when compared to your pallies. But I assure you, once you upgrade your gryphs, they are sooo much better. Don't forget to work on them in the academy too! need that balance. I do a lot of solo dungeons, so I make sure my troops are upgraded before I am.. need more kryptonite!

Comment

how about astrals? im level 32 and I can equip 3 astrals, my first one is lvl 3 diablos might (+324MTK), second one is lvl 2 chaos shelter (+288pdf), now for the third one I have lvl 2 soul crusher (+216crit) and lvl 2 kismet (+600hp), I can combne the two to create a lvl 3 astral but what will I create, lvl 3 soul crusher or lvl 3 kismet? basically some of my equips are socketed with crit gems coz i want a crit type mage, but what do you think or suggest guys?

IGN: Xander07
                              Server: S16
                              Class: Mage
                              Guild: ReDMooN

Facebook:
                              Twitter: @iamXander7

Comment

I think this is a matter of opinion on this one.. but here's what I do.. I've gathered the 8 astrals I will be using.. started from blue and every time I gathered purple or orange, I would sink the lower into it. Now I have 8 astrals I'm working on for when I open up all my slots. they're all lvl 3 or above.

I sell the misfortunes and greens one for the opportunity to get blue+.. then sink evenly. Once the astral I'm working on is upped a level, I move on to the next.

For equipping, I take in to account what I'm doing. For dueling, I usually go for PDEF, Crit and MATK.. cause I mostly seek out knights to duel (let's face it.. so far, they're easy targets)
                                When I solo, I usually go all out into Crit, MATK and Crit base.
                                Once in awhile, I'll change out for MDEF and HP in order to get past a particularly hard hitting magic user but always keep my MATK

I'm not sure if I want to keep the floating damage one and trade it for something else.. but for now, it's part of my list.

So far, the only ones that seem useful >to me< are..
                                Crit base, Crit, MATK, PDEF, MDEF, Reduce all damage %, HP and Floating Damage.

I try to stay away from the stuff that is like 10% with a 10% chance.. lol like the mirror one.. or the one that is a percentage to heal by 10%.. though, I guess if risen high enough, with a better percentage rate, the heal would be okay.. I'd probably change out the floating damage for the heal by % chance if anything lol

It's just what you feel is good for you!
                                Last edited by Ambrozia; 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X