Vodka's non-cash mage guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodka's non-cash mage guide

Due to my bad connection I decided to write the guide for people who just started to play as the mage and try to save them from my mistakes.
    And the first mistake is .... not choosing the archer (joke ) But there is the element of truth in this joke).

Now I am 32 lvl non-cash mage. I am from Ukraine , that's why my English can be not so good. Sorry

Main problems of non-cash players:
    - cash players
    - Lack of socketing rods! (You will have just 4 socketing rods!) So don't use them to socket bad equipment!

Pros

- Best AOE Skills (no comments)
    - Quick dungeon runs (as non-cash player your best friend is timekeeping)
    - High magic damage (Mdef of knights and rangers are not so high)
    - The best skill animations / Mage-girls are the most beatiful
    Click image for larger version

Name:	qxyvf8S8A0ynfPjBxtEoA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1732216

Cons

- Low HP ()
    - Low Pdef ()
    - Very difficult to pass the catacombs till high levels
    - Forget to be the top-damager of arena and worldboss (this place is for archers )

Ok, if you're still looking the guide after Cons, we should get going with your skill build

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1732217

Idea is very simple - maxing the damage. So don't waste skill points on heal - max the damage.

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1732218

And now about the damage

1. Lvl 3 Lighting bolt
    106% of MA + 55 + 6 rage

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1732219

2. Lvl 3 Rain of fire
    104% MA + AOE + QTE: Damage boost 25 %

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1732220
    (not very correct screen cause rain of fire hits two times)

3. Lvl 2 Delphic thunder frenzy - just fun skill (80 rage )
    225% MA + 320 + AOE (first row) + QTE: Damage boost 25 %

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1732221

(hits 3 times ~ >3500 dmg)

4. Lvl 2 Thunderer
    235% MA + 155 + + QTE: Damage boost 25 %

Forget to screen) sorry wait for tomorrow))

Why no heal? Heal:

- takes skillpoints;
    - takes rage (35);
    - takes a turn of fight.

Rune of hp:

- takes a turn of fight.

The amount of heal is almost the same.

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	1732222

Arena's battle lasts for 2 minutes and it's enough to use heal rune just one time and kill the opponent with thunderer thats deal at least 2 k damage. Even with heal you will not kill normal archer. So in my opinion using of heal is wasting of skillpoints.

Let's continue to maxing the damage

Astros

What is astro?

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1732223
    No comments

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1732224
    Maybe here is the mistake and you should take HP or PDef. But i don't regret of taking critical..)) More damage - quicker kill.

And My Precious

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1732225
    Criticals can take your HP down very quick. And this astral gives the chance to win a battle with your own critacals..)

Congratulations! You get a reward for posting guides for beginners, please be sure to check your mailbox for our message.
    Last edited by Godfathers; 08-31-2012, 06:43 AM.

Reserved for more
    Last edited by Godfathers; 08-30-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

привет земля , хороший вводный гайд получился , на каком сервере играеш ?

Comment

hahah this a a very interesting guide and also in one of the comment u said knights don't have high Mdef well to point it out ur wrong knights specialize in mass defense on all types both magical and physical but its true they do have greater PDEF than MDEF but its still high enough to kill mages easily i would know i am proof i am a tanker knight who can kill mages more easier than my own type that's knights since high defense vs high defense is kinda off so the winner is the one who activates agoran's shield with reverse damage first also i think it would be better to get PDEF and MDEF in astral for the time being u can change it after a long game play and a little more room but defense is ur best friend even if u can kill opponents faster if they manage to get u with attacks like reverse damage then u will be taking damage and will be dead before u can even retaliate so best is PDEF and HP criticals can be added after level 30 or so thats after u get good equipment with good defense and HP
        Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
        [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Skills: 2 AOEs + passives - rest is optional really
          Heal: Great for group arena
          Gear: 35 lvl pvp set is the way to go (-1000MDEF on set,+30 rage on start)
          Gear.2: MATCK/PDEF/HP optionally MDEF - the best stats gear can have (DEF/END/POWER - actually the same as mentioned)
          Astros: MATCK/PDEF/HP/MDEF - usually better stack with HP but it's up to You

tl;dr MATCK/PDEF/HP are most important statistics You can have. Why? MATCK=Damage nuff said. PDEF - 2 of 3 classes have PATCK. HP - You need time to shot those 2 AOEs.

I wrote a cool long post but it got an error and it was gone so i post a shorter version. All above toughts are IMHO the best. Remember - IMHO. Please don't troll me. Cheers

Comment

Healers are really not meant for solo pvp (really not good in pvp period), but there are benefits.

Note: This is not a full list, just a brief one

Pros:
            Healer Mage:
            Very effective with a knight. Suntoria in particular as it heals based on a percentage so high hp knights get a huge benefit and is very cheap to cast. (I've seen close to 1k per turn from suntoria)
            Can save a party from a close battle by healing a DPS/DD that is about to die, thus allowing for more damage. Can generate a 2 turn protective shield for said player that is healed. (Don't underestimate 15% damage reduction). At level 39 with subpar gear, I see about 2-4k with level 2 restoration (I believe I've seen 5k+ crit). Runes at this level heal about 2k to self.
            (Note: the heal can also save a tank which may make a world of difference).
            Generally still can have good damage.
            Lowers HP potion costs which when fighting against strong enemies, can be a boon.
            Doesn't have to rely on healing runes which after level 20, heal for about half or less. (Which also means that the rune slots could be used for other things)
            Has an aoe heal that gives entire party 10 rage (high rage cost though). At level 39 with subpar gear, I see about 3-5k per player (non-crit). Runes at this level heal around 2k.
            Pretty much has to take on DPS pathline to some extent (rage generation skills in particular)
            Has a skill that reduces rage cost by 5 (unconfirmed if this works on the party) and removes negative effects on the party (the later part being near useless in pve).
            Has a skill that randomly reduces rage cost for the next skill (self) by 20 rage.
            DD Mage:
            Very strong solo for dungeoning purposes.
            Fast dungeon runs for MP and SP.
            Fairly high spike damage (Though archers can arguably hit harder and possibly run dungeons just as fast).
            Fairly high normal damage against most enemies.
            May still have some healing ability for an emergency (though unlikely).
            Is not as reliant on rage as a healer.
            Can easily take the rage cost reduction passive though the usefulness is situational.

Cons:
            Healer:
            VERY rage reliant. Pretty much requires a rage generating set (pvp arena for the 30 initial rage is good for pvp, pve sets to generate extra rage can also be useful by generating the rage needed faster).
            Low Physical Defense (the effect is reduced by the heal skill).
            Can't do as high damage as a DD Mage.
            Fairly weak in single pvp and group pvp (without the set).
            Much more vulnerable to specific formations.
            DD Mage:
            Low Physical Defense.
            If reskilled for pure DD, no heal for emergency.

That being said,
            All in all, DD Mages are better. However, healers aren't necessarily bad. On the other hand, archers are insanely powerful for a long time. I've seen crit archers out-dps DD mages. Probably has something to do with gear, but it is possible.

Love,
            ilydia of the massacre.

Comment

you guys do know that your HEAL is based on how high your Magical damage is... so techinically a DD mage is a Healer mage ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Menaechmus View Post
                you guys do know that your HEAL is based on how high your Magical damage is... so techinically a DD mage is a Healer mage ^_^
                Actually, slight difference between a DD mage and a mage with high raw damage. Thing to note about DD mages is the multipliers. As an example, a healer mage might have 5k matk. A DD mage might have 4.5k matk. However, that doesn't mean the healer will do higher DPS.

Healer might have 1* multiplier (realistically, full healer will have lower). DD might have 3* multiplier (full DD probably higher).

5* 1 = 5k. So healer hits for 5k
                4.5*3 = 13.5k. So DD hits for 13.5k

That is why a Healer isn't a true DD.

As to the below, even 5 USD can make a HUGE difference, much less, enough balens for rods AND VIP.

As someone who was rank 20 (From what I can tell based on the three pages of orange names, current top 20 (which is pretty much how it was before I quit) all are VIP and have paid the 5 USD or at least have paid the 5 USD) before quitting (I still log on to help my guild), I can say that there are four things you need for this game. I'll list them in order (obviously having multiple would be great):

1) Luck.
                2) Money.
                3) Time.
                4) Skill.
                (Now, I've rarely seen anyone with 2 and 3 or 2 and 4. Usually people with money don't have as much time though there are exceptions (aka not working during main hours). Usually people who spend money have less skill simply because they get lazy or because they never get the practice.)

Of which, I have only the fourth. I have no luck. I fail at 20 times in a row at 90% and considering the 50+ physical gems I've sold so far... My usable gems are pretty much guaranteed quest/login rewards. My astrals (blue + 1 pink? (one tier above blue)) cost me about 500k+ gold each. I hit the last astro sphere and get a GREEN (I think I also get misfortunes from that sphere). My first twenty blues were PATK.
                Money? I am in debt. I'm in no position to be paying for the game, not even the 5 USD which would make a HUGE difference.
                Time? I work during the events. I am lucky if I get 5 arena fights a day. 5 AFK arena fights where I just click ready and then go back to work and hope my team doesn't mind. It was only after the PST time change that I could actually fight the last world boss. I can't even fight the first two unless I am lucky to catch a break right then.

So what do I have left? Skill. The ability to accurately judge the situation and figure out the best possible solution. I've been tempted several times to switch to DD simply because it would make it much easier and faster. (Heck, I run most dungeons almost purely off of two activated skills. A basic rage generating attack and a basic aoe. Sometimes a party regen. Rarely do I even touch my actual heal spells).

Trust me on one thing: Don't underestimate 5 USD-A bit too late now, but if I had 5 USD a few weeks ago, I probably would have quit at first place. Give me 20 USD and I can probably take 1st place (levels, BR, WB, and Cata) in a month. Give me 40 USD and I can probably take it in 2 weeks. 100 USD+VIP? I'll probably have it in 5 days.

Regardless, last I checked, this thread was about free mages. Paying 5 USD gives you a pair of items that is effectively equivalent in PATK/MATK to a level 30/40 crypt set which is easily 1-8 days of crypt tokens (earlier gain would also mean more tokens earlier which means better gear earlier which is almost exponential in gain). Plus socket rods among other things. VIP gives you access to crops that are fairly powerful. Altogether you are looking at easily 1k-3k if not 5k extra BR worth of stats.

=====

Side note: If we are talking about the same server, only mage I've seen up there in the wb rankings is Tra**.
                Last edited by ariaandkia; 09-06-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I wont say lot here. But A few corrections... One of the best Players on our server ( Temples) is a Mage. Specced to Full heals. She/He is Ranked Number 1 in Catacombs and I would fient if I ever saw not in top 2 for World Boss. =) And before the cashing business gets started... As far as I have seen and after talking to her... She bought VIP and enough balens for Rods in lvl 35....SO yea... Healing mages Are one of the best Builds if done right. You don't even need to Cash.
                  Crystal Saga
                  CarnivorousX
                  Celestial Palace
                  Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                  Guild Edan

WarTune
                  Temple of Ibalize
                  Archer Lvl 4x
                  Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Originally posted by ariaandkia View Post
                    Actually, slight difference between a DD mage and a mage with high raw damage. Thing to note about DD mages is the multipliers. As an example, a healer mage might have 5k matk. A DD mage might have 4.5k matk. However, that doesn't mean the healer will do higher DPS.

Healer might have 1* multiplier (realistically, full healer will have lower). DD might have 3* multiplier (full DD probably higher).

5* 1 = 5k. So healer hits for 5k
                    4.5*3 = 13.5k. So DD hits for 13.5k

That is why a Healer isn't a true DD.
                    Where did that multiplier came from O_O

Healer mages FTW ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Menaechmus View Post
                      Where did that multiplier came from O_O

Healer mages FTW ^^
                      From looking at the skills. I obviously am making more of a rough example than going into details.

Comment

How are the healing capabilities of a mage with max healing skills? Mediocre? Even worth it? How about the healing at high levels?

Comment

with subpar gear, I heal about 3k on average with my single heal and around 5k on average with my big party heal.

Comment

3k a heal, how long is the cooldown on the healing skill?

Comment

for the single target heal, cooldown is 15 seconds, 60 secs for the party heal

Comment

Working...
                              X