Best Archer combat formation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Archer combat formation?

I'm coming from mage, I got bored of him and now i have started an archer, but so far, I have problems with my archer during PvP duels, pluders and anything that involves Army vs Army (from players not monsters).

Against players at my lvl it's almost impossible to win because:

- Against Knights, If I use priests and formation is rear = priests, front = hero, then I got all damage and he kills me before i can kill him. If I use rear = hero, front = priests, my priests die pretty fast, then I run out of units. If I use paladins, my army damage reduces quite noticeable and it's really hard for me to output all damage necesary to kill the enemy hero + army.

- Against other archer, it's not so hard, but I got similar problem: priests lasts little, and if using paladins, my damage is noticeable inferior.

- Against mages, that always have paladins in front row, I can use priests to defeat those paladins and then hit the hero mage. But still, if my hero is in front, it receives damage from his paladins + from enemy hero. And priests in front = wipe them. And if I use paladins, they die so fast due to low MDEF so I run without army quite fast.

I'm lvl 24 with near 4k battle rating.
    I'm using Moirai set (the lvl 20 crafted magenta set) with all parts to +7, +8 or +9, with PDEF, HP and PATK gems.
    As skills I got Arrow Strike, Multishot and all passives maxed for my level, then I got Poison Arrow. I didnt picked Delphic Sniper cause combats always ends before i get 80 energy. Also, Im not sure if Deep Freeze is useful or it's only useable agains mages. or if it worths to take it. It's quite good damage, but costs 35 energy that in duels is not easy to earn, and it's likely losing DPS for saving rage points. I really dunno.

Also the spell rotation I use is Arrow Strike > Multishot > repeat. When I got enought rage, just use Poison Arrow and repeat the first rotation. But usually in duels, I nevever get 30 energy.

Basically i'm asking some advice about this problem that is killing me. Any specific army combination/formation that could be good. Should I use paladins? Priests? front row or rear row? Some skill build that is known to work well for Army-PvP and later group arena PVP?

What I'm doing wrong? Is it supposed the archer to be so hard to handle? HALP ME PLIZ ^_^

{EDIT**
    I forgot: is it worth to get Lunatic Fire skill? I saw people at my level using it and damage is quite small in comparison with Multishot that always crit and costs 4 times less...
    Last edited by R23700295; 09-23-2012, 07:12 AM.

If you want an archer with paladins then start building up your ptak and def, by gems, academy upgrades and astro. I am an archer lvl. 38 and at that level I also thought delphic sniper is useless because of high rage requirement but mind you it is useful in world boss and crypts, those what you call pve. But regarding pvp, I always opt for more physical attack so I go with paladins and later on gryphs. If you have doubts you should look at other archers attribute. BTW, i have arrow strike, multishot and bloodthirstry strike for pve and delphic sniper and lunatic fire useful for pve. You may want to get good equipment from crypt shop and arena shop to get better. Hopes that makes sense. Good luck. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by R23700295 View Post
      - Against Knights, If I use priests and formation is rear = priests, front = hero, then I got all damage and he kills me before i can kill him. If I use rear = hero, front = priests, my priests die pretty fast, then I run out of units. If I use paladins, my army damage reduces quite noticeable and it's really hard for me to output all damage necesary to kill the enemy hero + army.

- Against other archer, it's not so hard, but I got similar problem: priests lasts little, and if using paladins, my damage is noticeable inferior.

- Against mages, that always have paladins in front row, I can use priests to defeat those paladins and then hit the hero mage. But still, if my hero is in front, it receives damage from his paladins + from enemy hero. And priests in front = wipe them. And if I use paladins, they die so fast due to low MDEF so I run without army quite fast.

Priests have little to no pdef, in my opinion it's pointless to use them against patk classes. I don't favor archer at front formation under no circumstances in 1v1 simply because we're not tanky enough. Against knights, that's the worst you can do as they target front row first. Against archer it's random but you will end up tanking the troops even though they don't hit much at any level, the extra unnecessary damage adds up. Against mage, formation does not matter but again, tanking troops.

I used lancers, then paladins up until 32~ which was a waste of daru in that case, 30 would suffice. Now using gryphons because that stun can be priceless. Troops always front. Priests can prove advantageous against low mdef troops and heroes but I'd rather stick to temporary meat shield troops. Needless to say levelling both types is a huge waste of daru unless you're planning to level yourself up very slowly.

As for your duels, you shouldn't be having rage problems with Moirai set bonus that add +5 rage per attack coupled with 5 rage after crit. That set bonus lets you actually gain rage after multi. By 5th turn you have enough rage for DF with no AS crit. How can you not get 30 rage? That's 4 turns, again with no AS crit on a regular AS/MS rotation. Unless you're attacking far better geared/higher level people, a duel does last that long, much longer between on par opponents.

For skill build, many people favor DF. Many also goes for Bloodthirsty because of low rage cost. I see less LF users than all these in pvp. All paths have their advantages but whichever path you choose, most of your pvp time will be based on AS/MS, much like mages with RoF or knights with Ultimate Slasher.

Comment

no need to worry rit now. for troop im using lvl 31 griphon. it sufficient. after that save daru as much as possible. cuz u will need more than 10milion daru for ur knight troop.
        Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

any clue how to set formation hero same row as soldiers?

Comment

Working...
          X