[Guide] To clearing frozen loading screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] To clearing frozen loading screens

I have noticed a lot of people complaining about a frozen loading screen stuck on 50%,75%,99%, ext.

This is going to be a short guide to helping you find ways to stop this "lag".

First thing you have to know about this. Many people say "well I have a fast computer!" and "The servers are broken!", but heres the real problem.

Your own computer.

Yes, its hard to admit it when you think your computer is the best one out there.

But we are going to fix that here.

Step 1 ) Clearing cookies.
    -this is a simple and easy step to reducing lag time on your browser.
    -Go to your options menu, usually located under "tools" tab.
    -after that find the tab for history or privacy.Under this you will see something like (clear recent history) click it to remove your cookies.

Now that wasn't so hard.

Step 2) Clearing your cashe.
    -This is a very easy step. Right click the screen and you will see "clear cashe"
    ^ above only works on the wartune game itself.
    -To manually do it go back to options menu, go to advanced tab and you will see the cashe clear button under Network.

Chrome
    You can do both of these in one step.

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
    Select Tools.
    Select Clear browsing data.
    In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
    Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
    Click Clear browsing data.

Step 3) Flush your dns!
    Windows® XP, 2000, or Vista®

Open the Start menu.
    Go to Run.
    If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
    In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
    Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

MacOS®

Go to Applications.
    Go to Utilities.
    Open the Terminal application.
    Type: dscacheutil -flushcache
    Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

Step 4) Restart the browser
    Just close the application, make sure it is not running in the background (it can happen sometimes) and then bring it back up.

This should take care of any loading problems that would make a fast computer with a good connection freeze on the load up screen or any in play screens.

There is one more thing if none of these work. You may have to use a different browser.

Using a different browser has worked for a lot of people because it may be the way the game is being sent to your browser.

I have found chrome with updated flash works best.

I hope this helps some people because I know (from experience) how horrible it is to get stuck on a loading screen.

Good tips, but your wording is somewhat misleading. Intro could be less accusatory.

Also should be noted that these are general tips that couldhelp with most flash/shockwave based games.

Comment

thank you !

Comment

nice

Originally posted by xVinylScratchx View Post
        Your own computer.
        Yes, its hard to admit it when you think your computer is the best one out there.
        ikr But youre going to help me fix that here rite
        then lets proceed shall we

Step 1 ) Clearing cookies.
        Step 2) Clearing your cashe.
        im in private mode so no need to do that rite

Step 3) Flush your dns!
        how to flush linux
        slitaz to be specific

Step 4) Restart the browser
        Just close the application, make sure it is not running in the background (it can happen sometimes) and then bring it back up
        doesnt work

There is one more thing if none of these work. You may have to use a different browser.
        no much browser support my system even flash had stopped they support
        I have found opera with updated flash works best
        so I hope thou come up with helps soon ty
        Last edited by elsage; 03-10-2013, 12:31 PM. Reason: .....
        They told me that to make you fall in love with me, I had to make you laugh...
        But everytime you laugh, I'm the one who falls in love...

Comment

done it all and it doesn't help! the problem is the memory leak in the game itself and the only ppl that can sort that out are the devs! if a dual core 6gb ram 1gb graphics machine cant play a stupid browser game then its the programming! sorry! but thats how it is! i am a qualified pc engineer and the game sucks from coding and not ppl's machines so stop blaming the users

Comment

Yup...tried all of these. NONE work. It's so laggy, can't even play anymore. PLEASE get this fixed!
            SARENA

A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf The Hairy, High Chief of all the Vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside.

Comment

Thank you Thank you dns helped my main loading screen to not freeze xD

Comment

done it all, still problem stuck at 50% and i can't play now couse my alt still in chamber. please other fine other solusion

Comment

running on a LAN is better than running on WIFI.

resetting any devices that are between your computer and the internet - modems & routers.
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                  Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                  Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Hi, have to put my 2 cents in.. yup what you say may be true, anytime I am forced to restart browser due to lag, I clear windows internet cache and its ALWAYS totally full. Memory leaks is a problem for most online games though, off and on.

Comment

I have encountered many program glitches, such as dead characters still fighting, dead characters winning battles, graphics bugs which cause my client to crash completely, cues to update my java and flash plugins when they are currently fulled updated. I've had versions of the homepage which were covered in flash stickers like chickenpox, I've had only the top title bar load, I've gotten my settings stuck on 1% for a week. I've tried deleting cache, cookies, history, restoring from previous versions, I have an HP Pavilion g-series top line model, it may be a year old, but I can play D3 and WoW, no reason I couldn't play a MMO. Just saying I asked for my money back from the company and would like to see it, otherwise I will push forward a full investigation into this company for fraud. You cannot manufacture time access to an unstable service which cannot effectively provide coverage, or equal time compensation for lost coverage to its customers. That would be like selling insurance that only covers you sometimes when you're paying for an agreement to have access all the time. 30 days is 30 days, not 25, or even 29. This is false advertisement and fraud. GL with server issues, it seems they cannot even keep up with their own technical needs, let alone financial management. I gave them a 30 day legal notice of response for a refund, I'm just counting my days at this point.

Comment

yeah right, i can run and play rohan, can do tera, can pretty much play age of wushu, all of which are large mmorpg games. wartune is only browser game. got 2gb vid card, got 4gb memory card, got radeon ati motherboard, this one is for gaming purposes, i know its nothing fancy but for wartune? i'm sure my computer can and is qualified to be fast for wartune. thing is when the server merged, thornwatch and willow brook, i got problems, and i cant log in, haven't played since the servers merged. stop blaming computers, instead fix your server.

Comment

Well, i don't know about anyone else, but the loading screen is stuck on S412 at 49%. neither of my characters will work. R2 better fix it

Comment

Well--I have login problems--but it seems local(i.e. I can play at home, get stuck some where else)

So the problem maybe related to the provider as well. In the meantime, try changing locations for playing the game(i.e. try different providers.

If the problem is occurring at home, contact your provider and find out if they are providing some feature that is causing loading problems. Some security setting could be the culprit for all we know.

Comment

if is from me why one server work and other not...
                              Yesteday 1h i cant played on S169 but on S392 work fine. After 1h without doing nothing the problem gone.Sry cause i say but this is from R2 games and this guide dont help with nothing
                              Last edited by RobertMarian; 02-06-2014, 09:21 AM.
                              I'm not the best and i never be the best but for sure i will enjoy this ******** game!!
                              Some peoples must understand one thing: "This is just a game so take it easy!!!" :mad:

I'm an angel with a shotgun,
                              Fighting til' the wars won!
                              (the Cab-Angel with a Shotgun)

(Sorry for my bad english)

Server: [S392] Emerald Falls
                              Name:CyanPile
                              Class:Archer
                              Guild:STRONGHOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X