Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarTune Login Page Bugged-Redirected to WPKG.ORG

Dear Admin,

Since this morning each time i load you main web page, i get redirected to WPKG.ORG, this even happens on the Mini-clinet, has your site been hacked?

Originally posted by Hazardous666 View Post
    Dear Admin,

Since this morning each time i load you main web page, i get redirected to WPKG.ORG, this even happens on the Mini-clinet, has your site been hacked?
    I'm sorry to tell you that, but your computer might be infected by a virus. It's happen that I had seen that kind of virus in the past. I would suggest you to run something like Malwarebytes or something similar... If you look on google to find directly a way to fix your problem, be aware that a false anti-spyware named "SpyHunter" gonna be suggested; don't use that, it's a trap. They actually use those virus to make you buy that false Anti-spyware.

Wish you luck
    Have a wonderful day

Comment

Dear PinkiePie

Thank you for your response, however i have scanned my PC 3 times with Spybot and the issue is still present, plus on my other PC the same issue arises.

This even happens on the Mini-Client.
      SO I dont thisnk it is an issue with Malware/Virus

Comment

Do you download the client from r2's official site? Maybe dumb question, but as long as there are dumb people out there you gotta ask as well

Comment

What about the orthodox question,
          Have you cleared cache and bla bla bla?
          Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
          Maximizeâ„¢
          Guess whose back with trouble?
          ©S174

Comment

Hey, I don't really have any idea what this forum is, but I see that you have the same problem as me so I wanted to offer some assistance.

The virus (a browser redirect virus) uses Facebook "Like" buttons to hijack your browser and redirects you to "wpkg.org". You probably will not experience this bug while connected to a VPN, unless your computer is already infected with some files from the malware. Right now I don't know of any way to avoid getting the virus, but there are a couple countermeasures that at least slow it down.

1. Search for "facebook.net" on your computer
            On Windows you can use the Start menu to search for this string, which will usually be present in a Javascript (.js) files on your computer in a very random location. Unfortunately, it deletes all files that were previously in the directory, and they cannot be retrieved. I'm not sure how to search for it on OS X, but I hope there is a method.

If you happen to have a file containing anything with "facebook.net" in it, delete all the files in that folder. Make sure to delete them from the Recycling Bin as well. Make certain that you do this on all computers on your network. I'm not certain that this permanently destroys the virus, but it at least cleans your computer. I would suggest remaining on VPN after this point to avoid re-infection.

2. Use adblocker
            I haven't personally used this method yet, but it's highly recommended on the internet. Download an ad-blocking software and block "wpkg.org". It would also be good to block "connect.facebook.net", but this will probably make it impossible to use Facebook.

(Start your computer on "Safe mode with networking" if you want to download stuff)

I'm guessing that you're from China. That's where the bug seems to be affecting people.

Hope this helps!!

(By the way, no antivirus program can detect this virus.)
            John 6:40
            For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Comment

Working...
            X