Why retire...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why retire...

This game at one point had some semblance of strategy. This game once had a reason to play beyond spending enormous amounts of money. Wow how the owners have destroyed any reason to play. Even if we leave out the copious flaws in programming and just take a look at what you have done to a game many people loved and wanted to play.

First, does anyone that programs there realize what a beta test period is for? How about fix glaring problems in your patches? Doing this with masses of paying players online is bad - really bad for business. That is how you lose revenue and players - use a beta test to solve this.
    You also need to communicate. Name a successful game that hides how to win. Yes, you have made a ton of money doing this and letting players figure out parts of the equation but this will not last. Does anyone know exactly how a time- out battle is decided yet? How are players supposed to win if it is not published and defined with the mathematical formula to win. What should they be striving for – is it random? And yes I have seen some posts on this one – any player that believes that to be honest – sign up, I have a bridge to sell you. Not asking for full details but at least some honesty and disclosure would be nice for future players. And that is just the start on these type of issues.

You had a beautiful game and have ruined most of those aspects for short term success. Quarterly results do matter but you have killed long term cash flow. You had an empire building that would maintain itself. It is not easy to destroy that but I honestly think you have managed to do that. Watch your revenue cycles – do you see a trend? Even with the higher level of purchases you require – smaller base of people isn’t it? How is that working verses what you did in the beginning and are doing with younger games?

Just keep tossing **** on the walls with half-baked explanations and see revenue decrease. I for one am not spending again. Good luck on your strategy. Milk milk milk – as a M&A professional sell now before you destroy more value. At least it is a declining annuity at this point. Those are easy to value.

Nippa
    Last edited by bkh99; 04-15-2016, 04:16 AM.

sorry to see you go nippa. when i saw the name change on a few of you (the top players), i knew the fateful moment had finally come.
    i'm staying around. just to enjoy its remaining days.
    miss you all - from someone anonymous.

Comment

Thank You. Tried to always be a good and honorable player that appreciated other players. Been retired for near a month now and I am glad - family WOOHOO! But i do miss you all and the greatness you employ. Will miss you all and carry on but press them to do better, you deserve it.

Nippa

Comment

Nippa, I agree with your opening assessment of the game, it truly was one of the best. Spend or not you had the ability to work and grow your character and build it up, applying strategy and planning. I also agree with everything else you said. I enjoyed the times I faced you, even though I got my rear handed to me It was still a fun time. My wife commented that you you helped her in BG get her class advancement.
        You really were/are one of the good ones. They should listen to you and save what they can of a good game. I for one am sorry to see you go, but fully understand. Took some time off from the game myself... was surprised at how much time I had to get other stuff done. Enjoy your time with family.

Comment

Sorry to see you go Nippa.

Comment

And somehow I had a feeling I had faced you on my journeys, Nippa. Fun times. Anyways, I really enjoyed the post you had made as it spells out what others are saying about this once nice game, both from free players and paying players alike. R2/ProCity (either might fit the bill on what I am going to say next) had torn this game apart by first creating a gap between free players and paying players when it comes to their new way of events, and then finally employed their generic "one size fits all" method when they placed in all types (regular, class advance, knight hood, titan) of players and platforms in what I would call "cross platform" (no longer cross-server since it's beyond the R2 realm now) events. The younger servers and new players are not going to thrive.

I had used a level 33 test alt to test some of the waters. BG, I can say it's negligible since I haven't met a 40+ as of yet or any players beyond that have sylphs, Euds, or advanced skills. However, arena is shot to <expletive>. I should be facing under level 40 players, especially with this new thing that is going about, so really no one can say they can't find a decent fight. Instead, I face a full team of 80+ with red sylphs on both characters and Euds that has knight hood skills on about. Now, really, how is that fair for a new player? Then again, it has happened to various "cross-platform" (again, I say that because of everyone else coming in) events like TW (in test servers before we got the patch), Class Wars, Sylph Arena, and everything else.

Insult to injury came in the form of this new event system which requires folks to buy chests (special ones, not the ordinary ones like before) if they want the complete set and title since there is no exchange for wings using the regular chests or the ability to get a pair from one, along with nerfing many events that players had gotten used to, saving up their resources to use on, and got stopped short in their progress; whoop-dee-doo, good job, R2 *sarcasm intended*

My game play time is about 10 minutes if my favorite event (Mahra/Sep one) is not about. Best time of my life since I am able to do other things (like get into firefights with folks on FB on some pressing situations) instead of putting that time in a soon to be worthless game. I had liked Wartune and I don't think there is another game that will match it, but unless ProCity (yeah, I know who pulls the strings now) gets their heads out of their collective four point of contact and realize that you cannot keep players just by money alone, then WT will see the end of days soon enough.
            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
              And somehow I had a feeling I had faced you on my journeys, Nippa. Fun times. Anyways, I really enjoyed the post you had made as it spells out what others are saying about this once nice game, both from free players and paying players alike. R2/ProCity (either might fit the bill on what I am going to say next) had torn this game apart by first creating a gap between free players and paying players when it comes to their new way of events, and then finally employed their generic "one size fits all" method when they placed in all types (regular, class advance, knight hood, titan) of players and platforms in what I would call "cross platform" (no longer cross-server since it's beyond the R2 realm now) events. The younger servers and new players are not going to thrive.

I had used a level 33 test alt to test some of the waters. BG, I can say it's negligible since I haven't met a 40+ as of yet or any players beyond that have sylphs, Euds, or advanced skills. However, arena is shot to <expletive>. I should be facing under level 40 players, especially with this new thing that is going about, so really no one can say they can't find a decent fight. Instead, I face a full team of 80+ with red sylphs on both characters and Euds that has knight hood skills on about. Now, really, how is that fair for a new player? Then again, it has happened to various "cross-platform" (again, I say that because of everyone else coming in) events like TW (in test servers before we got the patch), Class Wars, Sylph Arena, and everything else.

Insult to injury came in the form of this new event system which requires folks to buy chests (special ones, not the ordinary ones like before) if they want the complete set and title since there is no exchange for wings using the regular chests or the ability to get a pair from one, along with nerfing many events that players had gotten used to, saving up their resources to use on, and got stopped short in their progress; whoop-dee-doo, good job, R2 *sarcasm intended*

My game play time is about 10 minutes if my favorite event (Mahra/Sep one) is not about. Best time of my life since I am able to do other things (like get into firefights with folks on FB on some pressing situations) instead of putting that time in a soon to be worthless game. I had liked Wartune and I don't think there is another game that will match it, but unless ProCity (yeah, I know who pulls the strings now) gets their heads out of their collective four point of contact and realize that you cannot keep players just by money alone, then WT will see the end of days soon enough.

i said it in January and i'll say it again...find something else to do this summer cause this game wont be here.....They have totally ruined what was once the greatest game on the market

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd60 View Post
                i said it in January and i'll say it again...find something else to do this summer cause this game wont be here.....They have totally ruined what was once the greatest game on the market
                I am working on my house, mate, LOL. So yeah, I am sure that will keep me busy in the summer as I am on the way of testing and designing an in-ground soaker system so my grass can always be green year-round. One little sprinkler that was slowing dripping is the basis for my research since there is a 20-in in diameter patch of green grass and my water bill hasn't increased for all that time.

Aside from that, they had ruined this and other games (as I took a visit to other forums of the R2 realm) as well. I've never seen so much negligence as they only wanted to take the money and run by having a face in saying it was the player's decision to quit (which they are doing a good job in accelerating).

Comment

Originally posted by bkh99 View Post
                  This game at one point had some semblance of strategy. This game once had a reason to play beyond spending enormous amounts of money. Nippa

At what point did the game ever have a semblance of strategy? I'm sorry to say, if you played the game for the PvP and expected it to be based on strategy & skill, you're sorely mistaken and need to be reminded this game relies on a strictly pay-for-power system to generate it's revenue. Many of those that get trashed one too many times in arena, battleground, and GvG stupidly buy into the money race and thus the cycle continues. If this wasn't the case, the PvP fights would be a LOT more balanced and everyone that chooses to play would just be paying a monthly subscription fee, which in turn would probably solve a lot of the customer issues and lead to a much more refined game that would draw in a lot more players.

It doesn't take long to figure out the basics of the game and learn that the battle system is based on damage mitigation, and also heavily dependent on how much money you throw into the game. If its strategy & balance you're looking for in competitive PvP, you might want to consider a non-free-to-play game that relies on active subscriptions for its revenue rather than this stupid system R2 uses. As a competitive gamer, all you're doing is throwing a lot of money away for nothing, which is exactly what you will get when games like this go belly up. Besides, I can't imagine it being much fun when you defeat most of the other players in the game with one or two hits while only a handful of players could make for an interesting fight. I would get bored real quick. I'm nowhere near the top 100 players and I still find the MP arena fights a boring s***streak that I want to wash out. I use a chaos or amnesia rune, and they're on the ground folded in half...

How are players suppose to win? Spend money. That is the formula. You can refine the formula to your advantage by spending wisely. However, another player can defeat you by using the same formula in conjunction with spending more money than you. Then you can turn around and dump some more money into the game, etc. It's not a long *** f o g function or integral calculus. It's just simple insanity that, unfortunately, most either miss or choose to ignore due to a desire to be ranked number 1 somewhere in the game.

Maybe if enough big spenders leave the game, R2 might start to listen, although I wouldn't hold my breath. As Ron White would say, you can't fix stupid. They did very little way back when they had the Tree exploit. I see a lot more bi-elemental sylphs now than I did before R2 removed some of them. Oopse, R2 forgot to check the mail box inventories! Besides, if this game goes under, I don't think its really going to have much of an effect on R2 beyond them having to lay off 1 or 2 people.

Comment

before there was sylphs, if you worked hard, there was still possibility of reaching to the top. let's say, top 20 on server.
                    someone on an old server told me it only took him $500 to stay as top player for a few months. that was the old days back in 2012-2013.
                    now, without cashing hard (in the thousands and tens of thousands), there's not even possibility to unlock some features, not to mention to compete.

Comment

Refinement my <expletive>.

This game had the potential of being the so-called "greatest strategy game" of what ever year it was featured in if the developers kindly take into a plethora of suggestions that players had done over the years. If I spend like Bill Gates, it would not make a difference because as you said I would be just throwing my money away as countless number of blind sheep had done already. If they can retrace their steps to see the feedback that was posted when a certain patch was released instead of being pigheaded and stubborn, they would have revert, revisit the patch, correct any and all errors that might arise, and then try it again. Not every player is going to have the same system, software, browser flavor. Their "one size fits all" mentality is what truly killed the game and its players. It doesn't matter what server (old or new) you play now, about 40% of the game isn't playable for you (cough cough TOK easy cough cough) due to this method.

Comment

Working...
                      X