Help With Mini Client

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Mini Client

Hello there, I'm quite confused on what to do I cant play my mini client cause everytime I try downloading it, it says upgrade to IE9 but when I try it wont let me do that saying my OS cant support it, i run WIndows & Home Edition if anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by ArchMageDaze View Post
    Hello there, I'm quite confused on what to do I cant play my mini client cause everytime I try downloading it, it says upgrade to IE9 but when I try it wont let me do that saying my OS cant support it, i run WIndows & Home Edition if anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated!
    Windows Home Edition? As in, windows XP? It may be may be incompatible.

Is this a post-patch problem, or is this your first time trying to get it to work?

Comment

No, it's Windows 7 Home Edition (he had hit the shift key while trying to input that "7" and it became this "&" instead).

Arch, open your Internet Explorer and try running the game in there. If you can run it, then it's nothing wrong with your browser. However, Mini Client is no longer being used as R2 had rolled out with the R2 Client. There might be claims of people who are still using it, but I would not hold my breath on such.

I know Microsoft was talking about not supporting the Internet Explorer any more and that they will focus on their new browser, Microsoft Edge, which is similar to the interface of Internet Explorer but much different in a sense.

Only recourse I can offer you is to do a search for Internet Explorer 9 on a search engine and hopefully someone has the setup file freely distributed to be downloaded.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Thank you for your advice! I think you're right it's not supporting it anymore on IE so at least I can play via browser on FireFox (please don't hate me for using it, I prefer Chrome but Chrome doesn't support flash anymore)

Comment

hi im using mini client and it still seems to work fine for me im on windows xp(yes i know ancient now ) i use it to log into facebook and google accounts

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Arch, open your Internet Explorer and try running the game in there. If you can run it, then it's nothing wrong with your browser. However, Mini Client is no longer being used as R2 had rolled out with the R2 Client. There might be claims of people who are still using it, but I would not hold my breath on such.
            Unless something has changed in the last month or so, I was using mini client on windows 7 with no issues. And I am still using mini client on windows 10 now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchMageDaze View Post
              Thank you for your advice! I think you're right it's not supporting it anymore on IE so at least I can play via browser on FireFox (please don't hate me for using it, I prefer Chrome but Chrome doesn't support flash anymore)
              As Meikura was mentioning before, if you can get the game to load up on IE then the r2 client should work fine (more or less) for you. You can also play on chrome if you so choose, in fact, I am right now.

Comment

My module system (via Visual Studio), R2 Client, and mini client are made with the IE interface embedded as default. I wish I can use Chrome in programming instead of IE since it somehow has its own session that would not transfer login details to every window opened like IE (and other browsers) had done, which is good for opening up your main and alt without trying to log out or some mumbo jumbo.

R262181389,
                Seems like he/she was freshly trying to reinstall it on his/her Win 7 machine (I had Win 7 Pro before it upgraded me to Win 10) that it is saying that it won't run (the IE part of it) if it's not updated to the latest which MS isn't doing any more; so you have to rely on searching for it online and hope some other site like CNET is hosting it. I always try to keep every version downloaded on a removable so when the time comes I can pull it up and reinstall if needed.

I have no qualms on Firefox, so really can't say much. And the reason why I said R2 client is because that is what R2 talks about now, making miniclient a thing of the past.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                X