Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Outlands locked again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlands locked again

Is there any plan to ever fix the access to Outland between season? As they keep adding other activities, it's really not fair to block access to THREE events every month while the registration for Outlands is happening. So no Titans Temple or the new Eudoman event, and if you didn't get your Sylph event done for the week you're out of luck for that one too.
    Prime
    Server S7 R2games

We haven't heard either direction on if this will be changed. We have as Memory pointed out suggested both on the forum and as the Mentor team to have this moved or at least accessible via the side panel where other events show up.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
    Browser Game Support

Comment

Meikura's Suggestion for Design

Outland Map (registering not needed; accessible 24/7; daily devotion) through an NPC or icon
      • Outland Exploration
      • Titan Temple
      • Holy Sword Temple
      • Endless Abyss
      • And any other that falls into this mapping schema
      Outland Contest (must be registered by a Guild Master to participate) through a portal (if desired) or icon
      • Post Grab
      • Central Crystal War
      The answer is right there. Not too hard as many players would want this. Thoughts?
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
        Meikura's Suggestion for Design

Outland Map (registering not needed; accessible 24/7; daily devotion) through an NPC or icon
        • Outland Exploration
        • Titan Temple
        • Holy Sword Temple
        • Endless Abyss
        • And any other that falls into this mapping schema
        Outland Contest (must be registered by a Guild Master to participate) through a portal (if desired) or icon
        • Post Grab
        • Central Crystal War
        The answer is right there. Not too hard as many players would want this. Thoughts?
        YES!! So simple, so obvious!! I've never understood why they would put those items in a location that was inaccessible for at least one day a month, more if the GM is slow about getting the guild registered.
        Prime
        Server S7 R2games

Comment

So this month we've missed 3 days of the items hidden behind this locked Outlands icon - which might include the Holy Sword Temple that is the main source for Polishing Orbs if people didn't get it done by Thursday!! Our GM signed up today but we still can't access Outlands because the first event isn't until tomorrow... That's just absurd!! Still no plans to fix it?
          Prime
          Server S7 R2games

Comment

It's not broken, so there's nothing to fix. Outlands portal closes on the last day of the month, opens on the first day for registration, and entry is allowed 24 hours after registration. That is the design, and that is functioning properly.

What you have is a suggestion. Would you like me to move your thread over to Discussion and Feedback, or would you like to find an existing thread on this topic to add your support to?
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Stuff like this is one reason, not the only reason I quit spending. This idea has been suggested many times and yet still no change. They just don't listen to the players. This type of change should not be that hard to do at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                It's not broken, so there's nothing to fix. OReallltlands portal closes on the last day of the month, opens on the first day for registration, and entry is allowed 24 hours after registration. That is the design, and that is functioning properly.

What you have is a suggestion. Would you like me to move your thread over to Discussion and Feedback, or would you like to find an existing thread on this topic to add your support to?
                Really? That's what the design document says? Lock the Outlands so players can't get to daily activities that are not part of Outlands Events? Or is there no design document, and this is an oversight? A Lack of Design? In which case, I would argue that it is a "fix" - a fix of a hole in the design that prevents players from accessing unrelated daily activities. As more and more activities get added to that locked area, it becomes more of a problem.

I doubt that moving this thread to another section of this forum would have any more effect than leaving it here, seeing as how this has been mentioned before and brought to the development team by the Mentors. It's been months, and it just keeps getting worse as more activities are added. I understand why people quit spending and some quit playing. I'm getting close to stopping spending myself. Just another example poor design that could be corrected impacting our ability to pay.
                Prime
                Server S7 R2games

Comment

It is a suggestion that we have all been forwarding on a regular basis because the concept doesn't make sense. That does not make it a bug. Since it is not a bug, I don't want it popping up at the top of a bug report section, nor do I want to encourage posting bug reports on the grounds people don't like how something works. The devs wanted an advanced area for player and guild activities, and for some reason they tied portal access to one event that requires a sign up. It's a stupid concept, one we all hope the devs will change, but our disagreement with the devs on their concept still doesn't make it a bug. We also can't force the devs to change their design, though we can continue to show them favored suggestions, and that comes in the form of supported threads, which are pulled from the discussion and feedback section.
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                  X