Chat window switching in Outlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat window switching in Outlands

Why oh why does Chat automatically switch every single time you change screens in the Outlands section? Why did the devs think that they knew better than we do which chat window we want to see when we're in Post Grab or Crytals or especially Time Portal?

In Time Portal whenever a DZ Boss is available, we have to change chat in order to guild. And we're not able to see any guild chat while we're killing sylphs. Meanwhile there isn't even any Outland Chat going on.
    In Crystal and Post Grab there is sometimes a need to talk to the guild, or see what is being said in guild, and if you switch to All or Guild while in one screen, then go into a battle, the Outland Chat is automatically redisplayed again.

Whatever the Chat Window is on when I go into Outlands, if I change it to something else it should stick where I put it. This switching with every screen change interferes with communication.
    Prime
    Server S7 R2games

Same reason probably they allow System messages in other channels of chat while the System button is present: it's broken. I like to keep my chats to Guild when I using the Early Warning System so I can see if someone is trying to attack my posts. I do not like it changing from such to Outlands or World each time I enter or exit the Outland screen, fights, and maps.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

My guess is they took the easiest, stupidest method available to solve a problem they created for themselves. There was no obvious reason to make outland chat share its spot with world chat, but probably they decided it would be too hard to make a whole new chat channel. The current chat channel would have been a better choice, since it's largely useless when you're in outland, but that's a side issue.
      Then they compounded that failure by doing a poor job of making the chat channel switch, not only changing the active channel to outland or world, but also turning on the filter so you can't see other chats (like guild), which annoys me to no end.

For a game that basically only survives due to the socialization aspects, they really have done a bad job of supporting chat. Like, why is the guild chat window just missing in dimensions? That's never made any sense.

Comment

This outlands chat is so annoying and needs to be changed. But like many other things, more than likely it will not be changing anytime soon. And it seems these threads about stuff like this need to get a certain amount of replies in order for them to even think about making the change.

Comment

It is a wanted change since OC was implemented. But now, a long time since introduction the annoying feature still exists. Same as the chatwindow in DIMS, when you write something in the lower left corner you'll loose the ability to walk in DIMS with the arrow-buttons. The way the chat behaves needs a revamp. Maybe an option to expand it so we can read more lines lines of text.

Comment

Working...
          X