Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refresh in dungeons lagging - cannt get back.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh in dungeons lagging - cannt get back.

Had 2 refreshes. One was with campaign dungeon blitz. I started blitz to do Bounty Quest. Was network reload and game refreshed. As result I was back in game but in city. There was no signs about running blitz and I saw my Quest with numbers 0/30. Tried to start blitz again - got message that blitz already running. Blitz was for 2 times - so 10 min. But the message was same longer, also quest counter was showing 0/30 kills. Till I had next network brake perhaps 1/2 hour later and then after refresh got message that blitz finished and quest was done. I got rewards as expected, just game was not fully usable for a while. Played on Edge S693.
    Other was mpd. Was in with partner. Game was so lagging (even didn’t get battle, just message that battle finished) - decided restart. As result I was in Cloud city. There were no options to get back to mpd. At the same time other player saw me in mpd start position. Player could send invite to me, but when I accepted - was in mpd launch screen without mpd chosen.
    Earlier as I remember - I never had such issues with refreshes in dungeons. In this case was lost reward attempt. Played on Chrome S568

Some hours earlier was solo in mpd. Also was network refresh. And I was back in mpd, where I left! Actually this was good surprise for me because I remember that earlier (perhaps year ago) in such situation mpd was always lost. This was on Edge.

Hoping, that dungeon refreshes will work without surprises in future.
    Anyway thanks for good improvements you did over years.

What campaign was you doing and was you using SC to speed it up?

I have had this happen to me while in AA, I was helping someone and I was kicked from the room when refreshing. Can you tell me what mpd you was doing when this happened. I have sent this in last week but I am trying to make a video of this problem in hopes that it will help to explain what happens better.

You can send in a ticket and try to get the rewards you would have got.

If you have any screen shots or a video of this please send it to me.
    When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

The famed "you're there in the MPD but not physically there" kind of bug. This happens sometimes (not now to me, but on a single dive) where the game would lock up on a battle in an MPD and I would refresh in hoping I would get back. However, I wind up at Cloud City (by the huge swirly nonetheless) and the people were still fighting in the MPD. On my end, I had lost the attempt because it's not there when I did another room.

It reminded me of that Spire bug where you get kicked out into Cloud City after you're done and you cannot be invited until you either refresh or enter/exit the farm twice.

Another instance of this bug happens during Magic Square where you come back to Cloud City after a refresh and the party chat is still going because everyone else thinks you're in the room and haven't left. There was a bug report I made of this happening somewhere along with images showing the party chat/Magic Square status (how many boxes cleared/points); all while in Cloud City.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

For me this was Elemental forest hell.But assume - this could be any mpd.
        And nothing used to speed up.

Comment

It can be any of them but I like to think I stand a better change to recreate it for a video in a mpd i know its happened in.
          When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Comment

For me, it's pretty much a 1 in a 100 runs that could have happened. But I will try to grab the video the moment I got locked up on a battle so I can do the refresh on it to see if it happens after.

Comment

Originally posted by X-23 View Post
              It can be any of them but I like to think I stand a better change to recreate it for a video in a mpd i know its happened in.
              i think this issue happened in another post/previous post by someone as well.
              Meikura, I think you posted also on that reported bug about a month or 2 ago also.

i think its abit troubling to ask player community to have video recording on standby while they play the game, to record any bug.
              most of the bugs do occur at random play through, so intentionally recreating them may not happen.

Isn't there a QA dept from either R2 or 7road,/ devs side that check for these things?
              Last edited by Takashi007x; 07-30-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think theres been enough history or reports here to warrant R2 to have the devs do something about this bug

theres another one if you lag refresh after eudaemon arena, join battlegrounds, and then refresh, it'll kick you out also

these are all different users reporting a game design bug where refreshing will kick you out right into cloud city, you'll still see mpd, bg system messages but you wont be able to participate.
                    So to recap, this occurs in magic square, holy sword temple, di, battlegrounds. and enclosed is 3 different forum posting from various users encountering the similar issue where they are kicked to cloud city.
                    Talk about anything Wartune-related here!

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post

i think this issue happened in another post/previous post by someone as well.
                      Meikura, I think you posted also on that reported bug about a month or 2 ago also.

i think its abit troubling to ask player community to have video recording on standby while they play the game, to record any bug.
                      most of the bugs do occur at random play through, so intentionally recreating them may not happen.

Isn't there a QA dept from either R2 or 7road,/ devs side that check for these things?
                      A: Thanks, Takashi. I didn't realize I had already made a packet on the issue I had on my end. I made tons of stuff across various platforms/sites that sometimes I forget that I had made such and it gets to be repeated. At first I had initially thought it was through the Cross Server Matching icon, but later found out that many other people were getting kicked out of MPDs at random, including a guy who I dove 3 units in to try and help him pass all 24 Normal Spire Levels and he lagged/crashed before it even began that he wound up in Cloud City and his attempt (it was on a Monday) for the week was totally lost.

B: Yeah, it's troubling to ask any player out there to record a video each time they play the game hoping to land that one magical moment where it goes all wrong and hoping their system didn't have a meltdown that they will be able to submit it with a bug report. For me, it probably happens 1 in about 100 runs of any MPD when I am up for it (right now, I just do Spire, MS, and Tera Temple for the week across three teams worth of units). But, at the same time, I kind of wonder what is the point of visual aids (video/screen shot) if the devs are too blind to even acknowledge them (I speak hard when it comes to the Spire having sprites that did not clear the screen upon death thus causing a lot of lag/lockups)? I am pretty sure every person that plays have submitted tons of images as well as video that clogged up their youtube accounts to no end, and the only fix the developers can make at a time are translation errors (like those really break the game, LOL). Call me a prude for constantly telling them off in a nice way when it comes to the weekly maint announcements, but I will continue on the course until one of three things happen to me:
                      • I croak unexpectedly; from natural causes or acts of God.
                      • I get banned from ever posting again.
                      • They really get off their posteriors and really fix this game like it should be in the first place.
                      I am hoping for the third option, but that's asking for too much; so I am going to just settle for the other two instead.

C: If they really had a Quality Assurance/Testing department, none of us would have this conversation going. In my lifetime, I had done a lot of testing from the hardware, software, and firmware aspects of QA. Even when I was a technician in the field of computer networking and telecommunications, I had my own set of rules I go by when it comes to passing something as beyond satisfactory for service. I am the kind of guy who likes to do things right the first time around; and if that could not be accomplished, then I look back at what happened, find out where it went wrong, and then take the steps in addressing the solution so it can be accomplished. Many of us had written concise reports, detailing what we had done in the process, so I do not see why they could not just fix the problem and move on to something else.

Yes, I read a lot of things on this forum; some of which I read very carefully and would ask for more information if I feel something is missing. If the majority I can pass off as bare minimum needed to be checked on seeing on my experience, what else can be said that would pique the attention of the developers to really consider getting off their lazy bums and having a look? The translation errors, I have no problem with as I feel those can be fixed when the game is reset on each day when the player exits/re-enters or refreshes. To me, that's minor. The issues like getting kicked out of MPDs at random or even the Spire Sprite problem are those the devs need to really focus on if they want to keep the players playing and spending.

Then again, I am beginning to think if the Chinese Wartune ever had any problems since this version is ported from such; to the point when they stripped certain things from such (to deny us the full potential of the game), they also stripped some vital code that could have held the game together.

Comment

Np Meikura001. I just find it silly when the mods on the forum keep asking for the same thing over and over.

Its apparent that many people have reported this issue in 3-4 different cases, and different areas.
                        Which is why i asked months ago how were these issues tracked/reported.

What I dont get is there are whales paying a premium of lets say $10k a year into this game, can the mods seriously ask those players to go record their game play so they can report the bug to the developers? Thats like buying a Porche, and the repair shop saying go do your own oil change.

I think its like what many have said before, this game is at the tipping point where bugs, game play, dont matter to the devs, as long as revenue comes in.

Comment

Working...
                        X