Massive horrible lag after patch 7.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post

The lag is there without regard to hot events. There was never ever a Dragon Soul Engulf event, but collecting Dragon Essences still cause the same lag, leading me to believe the lag is caused by simple inventory item update and nothing else. The other thing is, if you have a full inventory and force every item (anything other than gold/daru/balens & profile items) into mail, it generates NO LAG! Now I do this for every toon whose mail is not full, and grab everything off mail when I don't need good speed. Not a good solution, but still better than letting lag kill a run where I need good speed.
    Thank you for your observations. I will pass them along.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

The lag is there without regard to hot events. There was never ever a Dragon Soul Engulf event, but collecting Dragon Essences still cause the same lag, leading me to believe the lag is caused by simple inventory item update and nothing else. The other thing is, if you have a full inventory and force every item (anything other than gold/daru/balens & profile items) into mail, it generates NO LAG! Now I do this for every toon whose mail is not full, and grab everything off mail when I don't need good speed. Not a good solution, but still better than letting lag kill a run where I need good speed.
      I have noticed the same thing. Anytime you collect a reward and it sends it to inventory, there is a delay.

Something else which may or may not be related is the speed up of sylph expedition blitz. Speeding this blitz up has always been real slow, well before patch 7.5, well at least for me it has been. And now the rest of the blitzes are the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

Thank you for your observations. I will pass them along.
        Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post

I have noticed the same thing. Anytime you collect a reward and it sends it to inventory, there is a delay.

Something else which may or may not be related is the speed up of sylph expedition blitz. Speeding this blitz up has always been real slow, well before patch 7.5, well at least for me it has been. And now the rest of the blitzes are the same way.
          The slow speed-up of blitz is not inventory related, but calculation and server request related. When you do anything using speed-up, including astral auto-capture, the Flash client and server have to perform a full calculation of all results and display it to you. It's the results calculation and client-server collaboration that generate the lag, not inventory. You could test it by having a full inventory and send everything to mail, and then speed it up, or try an astral capture (which does not use inventory), it won't be faster than pre-patch. Of course, if you send everything to inventory, then the inventory delay is going to dominate while the blitz delay is negligible.

Comment

The slow speed-up of blitz is not inventory related, but calculation and server request related. When you do anything using speed-up, including astral auto-capture, the Flash client and server have to perform a full calculation of all results and display it to you. It's the results calculation and client-server collaboration that generate the lag, not inventory. You could test it by having a full inventory and send everything to mail, and then speed it up, or try an astral capture (which does not use inventory), it won't be faster than pre-patch. Of course, if you send everything to inventory, then the inventory delay is going to dominate while the blitz delay is negligible.
            I have tested this and it does speed the blitz up.

Comment

Working...
            X