No announcement yet.

imperial scrolls for circuit quests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we liked doing all of the quests, there wouldn't be a discussion about wanting imperial scrolls so that those quests can be skipped without having to use balens. It will be far more likely that imperial scrolls are added to other places than it would be for the devs to lower quest requirements.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I can do without the killing 30 bit as it would take me about a few MPD runs to fulfill that requirement. On Bounty Quests, I have seen some where it's just 10 through a solo. I am not going to ask on changing it, but this is where I would love to use the Imperial Scroll to skip on. However, if some are showing up that require a jump into KH related territory then I am going to be out of luck as I am not KH yet (still trying to max out my legendary talents); 35 bound balens do stack up.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        I haven't personally seen any circuit quests that I couldn't do. Plenty that I didn't *want* to do, but none that were beyond my ability. Are you seeing quests that require knighthood while not yet knighted?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CircuitQuestsHST.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1931451
        FireAndIce
        Mage +112m
        Spouse: Styx (+110m br archer)
        Ancients guild
        Gamerocks S8

(merged with S2, S6, S12, S39, S66 & S73)

Comment

Again, Circuit Quests (CQ) should be limited (for all, if they are going to do the "one size fits all" method) to:
          • Recruitment of Troops
          • Collecting Items in Cloud City
          • Socketing/Enchanting Equipment
          • QTE Training
          • Mouse Whacking
          • Low Kill Count (5 or 10) in Solo and Basic MPDs (up to Elemental Forest)
          • Guild Contributions
          Additionally, the CQ should be centered around:
          • The Player's Current Level and Designation (Regular, Class Advanced, Knighthood); quests should be only generated within those guidelines and cannot be beyond.
          • Keeping a variety going. Having more than 40% of the same stupid quests not only takes toll on scroll/balens being used to skip but on a player's sanity as well.
          No one wants to spend X amount of time for something "unrealistic" (including diving in multiple times into an MPD just to kill off mobs; seen 20 and 30 mostly). However, everyone's different as many will have a certain (or a few) quest that is their favorite that they won't mind doing over and over again.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by FireAndIceS8 View Post

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"CircuitQuestsHST.jpg","data-attachmentid":1931451**[/ATTACH]
            I would need the whole screen in the screenshot, not just the quest, to forward this as you getting a quest that legitimately cannot be done.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

I would need the whole screen in the screenshot, not just the quest, to forward this as you getting a quest that legitimately cannot be done.
              actually you dont need the whole screen. as hst has no monsters just bosses in it. so even kh peeps can not do it (as boss kills do not count as monsters).
              Kabam -57 Archer
              Kabam -67 Knight
              Non casher and proud of it.

Comment

I didn't think anyone still did circuit quests anymore, but they are giving scrolls in online/login rewards now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmikc View Post

actually you dont need the whole screen. as hst has no monsters just bosses in it. so even kh peeps can not do it (as boss kills do not count as monsters).
                  I am aware that the quest itself cannot be completed. However, since she's receiving that quest while not knighted, I need the whole screen so that her name will be included with the quest, as proof the quest is showing for non-knighted players.
                  Last edited by MemoryLane; 10-19-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I am aware that the quest itself cannot be completed. However, since he's receiving that quest while not knighted, I need the whole screen so that his name will be included with the quest, as proof the quest is showing for non-knighted players.
                    Just for the record, I'm a she :P

I am knighted. Does the circuit quest system really recognise the difference between knighted and non-knighted players?

Whatever the case, I think it is important to look at the circuit quest demands. Since the inclusion of basic talent stones in the rewards, many non-knighted players are religiously attempting to finish them.
                    FireAndIce
                    Mage +112m
                    Ancients guild
                    Gamerocks S8

Comment

Originally posted by FireAndIceS8 View Post

Just for the record, I'm a she :P

I am knighted. Does the circuit quest system really recognise the difference between knighted and non-knighted players?

Whatever the case, I think it is important to look at the circuit quest demands. Since the inclusion of basic talent stones in the rewards, many non-knighted players are religiously attempting to finish them.
                      I must have misunderstood the original report then.. I thought the issue was that you were getting quests for things that require knighthood while not yet knighted yourself. I have yet to see any reports from pre-knights who have received such quests. As a pre-knighthood player myself, I have not run into any quests that require being knighted, so I presume the system is at least smart enough to tell the difference.

If anything, I feel like working through talents is almost too fast now. Right behind talents is tattoo, and while henna's much faster to gain with a maxed lab, gift piles, and frequent henna rewards in events, it's still a lot of henna needed, so you're still stuck waiting a while before you can proceed, whereas previously you would have been waiting for exp to work through talents, while earning henna, and progressed through knighthood at about the same time as before the addition of talent stones.

I will re-forward the list of quests for knighted players that cannot be done at all, cannot be done alone, and cannot be done more than once a week.

Comment

I must have misunderstood the original report then.. I thought the issue was that you were getting quests for things that require knighthood while not yet knighted yourself. I have yet to see any reports from pre-knights who have received such quests. As a pre-knighthood player myself, I have not run into any quests that require being knighted, so I presume the system is at least smart enough to tell the difference.

If anything, I feel like working through talents is almost too fast now. Right behind talents is tattoo, and while henna's much faster to gain with a maxed lab, gift piles, and frequent henna rewards in events, it's still a lot of henna needed, so you're still stuck waiting a while before you can proceed, whereas previously you would have been waiting for exp to work through talents, while earning henna, and progressed through knighthood at about the same time as before the addition of talent stones.

I will re-forward the list of quests for knighted players that cannot be done at all, cannot be done alone, and cannot be done more than once a week.

Regarding that quest to defeat bosses in Holy Sword Temple - it says defeat 10 monsters, but all there are in HST are 4 bosses, and they are very difficult for a lot of players. Most people need a full team of merged sylphs of over 500K br in order to complete HST. And you would have to do it two and a half times to get this quest done. Unreasonable, if not sheer crazy!
                        FireAndIce
                        Mage +112m
                        Ancients guild
                        Gamerocks S8

Comment

Yep, I agree with you. I was just making sure an issue where a quest can't be done because the quest is stupid was separated from a potential issue with a quest unable to be done because the player doesn't have that feature unlocked yet. One would definitely be a bug to report and the other is just, well, stupid.

Comment

Working...
                          X