Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post

harry is probably correct.

there is some level of cheating or abusing the system allowed by the devs, as long as it doesn't cripple spending
    like when there were people cheating in the snowball event in the beginning of the year with morph cards.
    guilds and people drop battle ratting all the time for imperial war, outland, titan war previously

my guess is that R2 wont do much about this, people have been lowering BR to get around things. Do you think they will punish the spenders of the game?
    They have rarely punished those who share or trade accounts. Punishing a spender would be shooting themselves in the foot.

For the average player their br may be listed at 25m, but their true BR may end up being 12m because of sylph and eudaemon inflation.
    For the big spender their br may be listed at 19m after nerfing themselves, but their original BR is likely 42m. So it gives off the misperception that a 25m has a chance vs a 19m since you can't tell true br vs inflated br unless you check their cs rankings.

This is why the game and events are so broken, and many people dont bother anymore.

Using an exploit is cheating, therefore a ban-able offence. Regardless if they Cashers or not, they are still Cheating.
    S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post

harry is probably correct.

there is some level of cheating or abusing the system allowed by the devs, as long as it doesn't cripple spending
      like when there were people cheating in the snowball event in the beginning of the year with morph cards.
      guilds and people drop battle ratting all the time for imperial war, outland, titan war previously

my guess is that R2 wont do much about this, people have been lowering BR to get around things. Do you think they will punish the spenders of the game?
      They have rarely punished those who share or trade accounts. Punishing a spender would be shooting themselves in the foot.

For the average player their br may be listed at 25m, but their true BR may end up being 12m because of sylph and eudaemon inflation.
      For the big spender their br may be listed at 19m after nerfing themselves, but their original BR is likely 42m. So it gives off the misperception that a 25m has a chance vs a 19m since you can't tell true br vs inflated br unless you check their cs rankings.

This is why the game and events are so broken, and many people dont bother anymore.

ToS which we all agree to when playing the game. Being a Casher doesn't give you a free pass to cheat.

8. Cheating/Hacking

2. exploit any cheats or errors which you find in the Services. Any cheats or errors you discover during your use of the Services must be reported immediately to us;
      If R2Games discovers any of the aforementioned cheats or hacks, it may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your account immediately, without notice to you. We may also place access restrictions based on your I.P. address to the Site and the Services.

9. Termination of Services
      Notwithstanding the foregoing, R2Games, for any reason and in its sole discretion, may decide, in good faith, that any person shall be denied access to any part of the Services or the Games. We may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete any R2Games account or game account at any time for any reason with or without any notice to you. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to a refund, in whole or in part, for any anything in connection with the terminated account.
      You agree to cease and desist immediately from any attempt to access the Site and/or your account upon issuance of termination. If you do not cease and desist, you hereby consent to an injunction to be entered against you by a court of competent jurisdiction, as provided herein, permanently enjoining you from attempting to access the Services.
      S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

You guys might have a point, except that it doesn't say anywhere in the game that this kind of thing is not allowed.
        It is not cheating, I want to remove my gear for the night, are you going to tell me I'm not allowed?
        No where does it say that the ranking in Edumeon Domain is based on BR, so this is not exploiting either, just some people lowering their BR for whatever reason.

And as an example, my friend john has a char with 10m BR, my char is 15m, but I like to play with my friend, so what I do is i remove my gear to match his BR and then we both sign up and end up in the same group. I really like my friend john. Am I cheating for trying to play with my friend?

There is only one solution, they need to have something called MAX BR, and that is the max br you char ever got, and that BR will be used for any kind of ranking. Then there will be no point in lowering your BR, you will be ranking according to the max BR you can attain. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Smudgerglory View Post

ToS which we all agree to when playing the game. Being a Casher doesn't give you a free pass to cheat.

8. Cheating/Hacking

2. exploit any cheats or errors which you find in the Services. Any cheats or errors you discover during your use of the Services must be reported immediately to us;
          If R2Games discovers any of the aforementioned cheats or hacks, it may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your account immediately, without notice to you. We may also place access restrictions based on your I.P. address to the Site and the Services.

9. Termination of Services
          Notwithstanding the foregoing, R2Games, for any reason and in its sole discretion, may decide, in good faith, that any person shall be denied access to any part of the Services or the Games. We may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete any R2Games account or game account at any time for any reason with or without any notice to you. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to a refund, in whole or in part, for any anything in connection with the terminated account.
          You agree to cease and desist immediately from any attempt to access the Site and/or your account upon issuance of termination. If you do not cease and desist, you hereby consent to an injunction to be entered against you by a court of competent jurisdiction, as provided herein, permanently enjoining you from attempting to access the Services.
          if you go by the books, then its considered cheating.
          from my experience over the years, they have turned a blind eye to the issue.

you are not going to crucify your source of income.
          The most banable offense was 1 year ago when they exploited the res reduction crystals. If you're going to rob them of $ or balens, that will get you banned.
          there were enough screenshots and people cheating during the snowball fight event, R2 with the confirmation from the devs just shrugged its shoulders
          people have openly mentioned that they share accounts, or other people have caught them, but they keep going.

this sort of issue yes is a bad game design, bug, cheat. but to the devs they'll probably allow it.
          it just how mucked up this game is, because it picks and chooses who they support and what they allow even its against their own ToS.
          there are whales that do exploit this method, but you wont ban them because they pay for the game...

what the devs should do is take br logs/ snaps shots for the past week to check consistency (which they wont or can't do) if br drastically changes or drops when a person registers.

Comment

did some testing on this issue

1: registered as normal with everything on my toon and stayed the same at server rest ( br and edu domain stayed same )

2: registered on edu domain with everything on but removed clothing astrals everything before reset ( br and stuff stayed the same br when registered on edu domain )

2: fully stripped before resgistering and staying stripped before reset ( my br lowest possible )

so u can see by my test stripping for registration is classed as cheating exploiting a event to gain extra or valuable rewards

if u want to remove gear and stuff to lower br to help some 1 in game or titan temple that's fine if u do it before reset but for lowering br at registering for a event to gain rewards is cheating

it needs to be changed to stop ppl exploiting this glitch bug cheat whatever you call it

if ppl say I lowered my br to cheat I would say this I lowered my br to test things but always went afk in fight and always lost my first match cuz of this
            Last edited by Xharry005x; 10-24-2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

ok let me put it this way stripping for more rewards and easy fights for edu domain this isn't cheating according to some

so this a big example

server rank 1 rewards when its only top 3 in server that get this *the one that gives huge rewards for top 3

if I use a glitch exploit to higher br to gain these rewards isn't this cheating ???? (exactly the same for lowering br to gain more rewards)

I would like r2 to discuss with the devs this option

totally remove the registration process and when its 18.00 for event just open it if ppl lower br to get better rewards then they loose their br rankings then lets see which of the top 100 in cross server will drop in ranks
              Last edited by Xharry005x; 10-24-2017, 05:42 AM.

Comment

ticket about this subject

OCT 23, 2017 | 08:20PM CEST
                R2 Karl replied:
                Hello Harimanna,
                Exploitation of a glitch would be the intentional use or misuse of any error, whether in coding, language, or likewise for personal benefit.
                If there is evidence that a bug was used and exploited without reporting, severe consequences may befall a character/account. Any errors in-game should be reported immediately and should not be used to gain an unfair advantage. Our reaction will also take into account the severity of the bug being exploited, how much an individual abused the glitch, and how much of our playerbase abused this glitch.
                -The R2Games Team

Comment

Todays Cheat is Fletcher from S397 at 23 mil br......

Click image for larger version

Name:	fletcher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.6 KB
ID:	1933442Click image for larger version

Name:	fletcher2.jpg
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	1933443Click image for larger version

Name:	fletcher3.jpg
Size:	643.5 KB
ID:	1933444
                  S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

Surprise no response a moderator as to wether this cheating is ok with them and r2 as a general rule of thumb so we can all 'cheat'......
                    S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

For Imperial War, only the first week, everyone starts at 0 points and get matched up at random. The next week, the ranks are determined by the total points made as well as total victories. If the guilds have the same points (as in 15000) they are matched at random until the next week rolls on through. Third week will have the total number of wins first before the total number of points.

However, I had a feeling that IW is bugged because we supposed to be fighting in this format: Odd Rank vs Even Rank (ex: Rank 1 vs Rank 2, Rank 3 vs Rank 4, so forth); instead we are fighting at random (I know this because two guilds I would be facing up against as I check the rankings prior to the start of the event were not the guilds I had to face in the actual fight).

Most people cheat their way through other things like Outland Contest by stripping, registering, getting matched up, and then bring everyone back in once the event is underway. Many players had suggested to the devs/R2 on how to run things, but none would dare to take heed to such; this is another thing that would be one of those where a player could not do much anymore.

I really do not know why they removed the old Eud Arena as it was great with the following:
                      • It doesn't require some registration shtick. You just go right in, fight your fights, and then leave with the rewards.
                      • It comes on at two times a day. If you missed the earlier one, you can make it up with the later one. A huge plus for those with schedules (or work).
                      • Matching might take 1 or 2 minutes at the most, but fights are worth it. There was no 10 minute wait.
                      • You get anyone that presses the button; else you may have to get an alt to trigger a fight if not enough are around.
                      • And it was easier for me to get my teams through for their rewards/dailies!!!!
                      So they (devs and R2) can go eat a duck.
                      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                        For Imperial War, only the first week, everyone starts at 0 points and get matched up at random. The next week, the ranks are determined by the total points made as well as total victories. If the guilds have the same points (as in 15000) they are matched at random until the next week rolls on through. Third week will have the total number of wins first before the total number of points.
                        It is correct but it seems that its 1vs 2, 2vs 3, etc on how its matched therefore it advantageous if your not like a super cluster guild (i.e. Twlight, Champions, etc.) you are better off dropping your BR so that you get favorable matches. If you prefer to go head to head with top BR ranked guilds you can, you'll just get dropped to the bottom and work your way up. So dropping BR and working your way up gives you better win streaks and favorable matches. Of course matching is still random, but you can control BR, you can't control matches.

And yes Outland contest many people drop battle rating, or they have a backup guild to hop to incase their teammate guild doesn't show up or their matchup is bad, but its all within R2's logic that its permitted.

So the reality is that the event isn't broken, the game is as a whole

Comment

I can say in the first week of IW, I would get like 80% of the matches that propels my guild forward (either full 15k or enough for a win) in the rankings. Weeks 2 and 3 would be deciding factors as it can go 50% either way. Minutes before I go into an IW (when it was working right), I would know who my guild was going to face along with the total BR. Sometimes, I won't go off the BR as, you might have put it, they could have stripped. When I see a large number versus my guild, I am going to think my *** was going to be handed to me (sometimes, it may be only 2 or 3 that are of 20+ mil BR that showed up versus the 8 or 9 of my crew; 5 of which are mine in a fight). Matches like those are a numbers game until you have some solid people on the front lines preventing those from advancing forward unless they use a teleport special.

Since its inception, I haven't done Eudaemon Domain. My sole reason is I am never there for the registration bit as I am either on the road or doing something else at that time. As I had stated before, Eudaemon Arena (old) was best because I can go in without having to register (who comes up with this junk anyways?), do my fights, and get out; all within 10-15 minutes depending on the matches. If I missed the afternoon one, I can be able to do the evening one (at 6 as I am either out or eating dinner around 7) in the same fashion.

I am pretty sure many of us are feeling this as well as many of us are faced having to throw things aside just to make this stupid time frame.
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Where's the line drawn? Why does it seem to only be drawn when it harms us, but everyone suggests it when it's beneficial to us individually, and some even demand it?

For years, players have found ways to manipulate rankings and game mechanics, all within the capabilities of the game, to get the best outcome for themselves, and/or others. Players have been hopping in and out of guilds and stripping down in order to get the best matches, whether it be to reduce BR for the old guild battles, or to find easier outland and Imperial War opponents. People have reduced their BR in the old Tower of Kings, and now some reduce in Titan Temple in order to help people. On the same trend, leaving and rejoining the battleground in the hopes of finding smaller targets. We could take this one step further with the game allowed, even if not intentional, and add in leaving the guild for the sole purpose of bypassing having to purchase more inventory space.

Why is any of that okay, but reducing BR in Eudaemon Domain for the same exact reasons everyone does the things noted above is suddenly cheating worthy of a ban?

None of this is cheating, by the way. It's undesirable, and has outcomes that in some way will hurt someone else. But, the game allows it. No one who does any of the things above is reverse engineering the game, or using an exploit, or abusing a bug.
                            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                              Where's the line drawn? Why does it seem to only be drawn when it harms us, but everyone suggests it when it's beneficial to us individually, and some even demand it?
                              Because it stops being fun.

The matching system in wartune has been broken for a long time. In the old arena you'd get matched against parties +/1 10 levels or so depending on availabilty. Some of those fights way back then were fun and there'd be days when I'd do my own 30 and then help others, but then they introduced slyphs and then later eudaemons and arena became more and more laggy.

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                              Why is any of that okay, but reducing BR in Eudaemon Domain for the same exact reasons everyone does the things noted above is suddenly cheating worthy of a ban?
                              Probably because by stripping for eudaemon domain your harming other players. Banning is probably overkill, I'm sure if the devs were competent they could include a check to see if a persons br had changed by say more than 10% from when they registered and just disqualify them from that round (could do that for outland as well).

If you strip for titan temple then you're not just making it easy for yourself, but for others as well. Sure I can leave a battlefield and then join another but it has a 5 minute cool down built in, where's the cool down in Eudaemon domain?

To be honest a lot of this just reflects poor game design and it comes back to the question "is this fun?" and more and more frequently nowadays the answer is "no". I don't expect to win every fight but I don't enjoy being matched against players that can kill my team is two rounds. If it's a close fight you can ask yourself if there was anything you cold have done differently. The only thing I could have done differently today would have been to strip down myself. Although, there is another option that is becoming more and more apealling and that is to just not turn up.
                              Last edited by Darkling1976; 10-26-2017, 12:23 AM. Reason: failure to preview

Comment

Originally posted by Darkling1976 View Post

Because it stops being fun.

The matching system in wartune has been broken for a long time. In the old arena you'd get matched against parties +/1 10 levels or so depending on availabilty. Some of those fights way back then were fun and there'd be days when I'd do my own 30 and then help others, but then they introduced slyphs and then later eudaemons and arena became more and more laggy.

Probably because by stripping for eudaemon domain your harming other players. Banning is probably overkill, I'm sure if the devs were competent they could include a check to see if a persons br had changed by say more than 10% from when they registered and just disqualify them from that round (could do that for outland as well).

If you strip for titan temple then you're not just making it easy for yourself, but for others as well. Sure I can leave a battlefield and then join another but it has a 5 minute cool down built in, where's the cool down in Eudaemon domain?

To be honest a lot of this just reflects poor game design and it comes back to the question "is this fun?" and more and more frequently nowadays the answer is "no". I don't expect to win every fight but I don't enjoy being matched against players that can kill my team is two rounds. If it's a close fight you can ask yourself if there was anything you cold have done differently. The only thing I could have done differently today would have been to strip down myself. Although, there is another option that is becoming more and more apealling and that is to just not turn up.
                                try be in bracket i get 1 short maby life 2 rounds aginst monster team so ok i get kill that way but not ok you get same thing? and like Memorylane say why ok ther you get benfit out of and not ther players them self get realy no reason do whis new kid things get kill first round so just stay away, getabout 10% of that i we get befor in rewards, only diffrences is we know can get few willpower rewards

Comment

Working...
                                X