Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

best of desciptions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best of desciptions

after a mentor didnt do his job and gave a decent explanation but say its isnt the case or its my screen

here the prove .. on the same screen each time

1 description ends after first line .. others have full descipions ..

Can you please try the following:

* Give screenshots both in fullscreen, and out of full screen mode (labeling which)
    * If the same, state what resolution it is
    * Whether screen is a widescreen or not
    * Size of screen

The reason I ask the above, is I've seen it happen in the past (and reported), but not all have it, including the QA team. Playing game full screen in most cases will resolve, or playing at a higher resolution. If this is the case, we need the above information so when they code, they are able to take into consideration players with lower resolution and/or smaller screens
    Retired Moderator.

Comment

well ..

* i could try .. but dont see the use to give them full screen info as the bug is shown
      * i took the shots on 1152x864 but i did try to run it full screen on a smart tv at 1980x1080 with same results ..
      * idk its a lg screen and a smart tv

Comment

* Yes please do, would be helpful for us to send the comparison version
        * Handy, will add to notes of report
        * Size of screen is measured on the diagonal. If you could measure (in inches) for both, that would be awesome.

All these minor details help troubleshoot toward a solution.

If there are other players (not alt accounts) that could provide a screenshot of theirs, that would most certainly be helpful too
        Retired Moderator.

Comment

Minimum Resolution (of Game) to show properly: 1400 x 940

This is a result of months of adjustments to my custom program in order to find the optimal viewing of all the elements without resorting to maximum windowing and/or full screen viewing. In the past it was 1080 x 820 (previous version) before 5.7 came out and changed the size. Smaller footprints of video is often best to combat lag as opposed to larger viewing.

My graphics environment and game (one module is being used at this time). The gaming module is set at 1430 x 950 while the web browser interface (game screen) is set at 1400 x 940. The entire desktop is at 1920 x 1080, the max allowed for both my laptop and my 55in LED HDTV that I am using as a monitor.

My screenshot of the item in question. At the resolution I had noted previously, it displays correctly (or somewhat). However, there's a possibility it will truncate if a lower screen size is being used.

In full-screen mode. To me, it's useless because "where am I going to run the next unit?" So, I stayed away much from using this feature. If a person is using a smaller screen (like 800 x 640 or 1280 x 1024), certain elements will not display correctly even if they gone full screen.

The city screen in the full screen view.

Battle screen in full screen view. The first time I had seen something like this was in a game called "I Am Ninja" where it shows a big field screen (edge to edge, corner to corner) and then shows a small battle screen. In Shadowbound's (same thing noted when I engage in battle) forum (on R2 Games), I had gotten into a fire fight with the moderator who had his head so far up there that he could not see why the fuss (in the end, I wind up having one of my accounts banned because we kept firing guns at each other on every little thing each day until I left Shadowbound). The battle screen within the full screen might be the key in determining the true resolution for all the elements and text to be displayed correctly on any system. Also, I hate to think that the steam portion (borders) is the one that is causing the lag issue within the battles when either in full screen or not. If it were me, I would settle for just black bars around if they are going to make the battle screen smaller than the rest.

I am hoping this finding will help everyone.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

lag made me do 2 posts
            Last edited by demoniced; 11-04-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

issue isnt caused by resolution or fullscreen .. but by zoom .. up to 80 % its fine .. go below that .. it breaks down text incorrect
              Last edited by demoniced; 11-04-2017, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post
                issue isnt caused by resolution or fullscreen .. but by zoom .. up to 80 % its fine .. go below that .. it breaks down text incorrect
                Rumor has it, and don't quote me on it, that the US version is a translation from the Chinese version and their lettering (text) structure isn't the same as ours when it comes to spacing and height. And with that, they do not believe in the "wrap text" feature at programming, which could save a lot headaches from such issues.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniced View Post
                  after a mentor didnt do his job and gave a decent explanation but say its isnt the case or its my screen

here the prove .. on the same screen each time

1 description ends after first line .. others have full descriptions ..
                  The problem is not Wartune it is the TV they have different screen resolutions than what a monitor does. Even a smart tv with browser capabilities will not work properly mainly because this is a flash game not html.

angeldust S526 We are part of the Collective, we shall comply, resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by angeldust261 View Post

The problem is not Wartune it is the TV they have different screen resolutions than what a monitor does. Even a smart tv with browser capabilities will not work properly mainly because this is a flash game not html.
                    i gave the reason it happend above .. and well ofc its not wartune how can u think this game is no problem at all .. go look at the fairys and smurfs and other delusions u belief in

Comment

It's Wartune. It's poorly designed and written. There are some battles I come across within Lord's Trial where the name of the foe (on some of them) is truncated. These folks do not believe in the "wrap around" setting (which could have solved half of the display problems) when programming/designing the game.

Comment

Wartune needs many work regarding this problem.
                        I have a three screen setup (2x 1280x1024 and 1x 1920x1200) and the scaling is awfull. On the 1280x1024 screens i see parts of the battles "cropped" so i can only see half of the enemy i am fighting with (and most of the dealt dmg numbers are falling out of the screen. In Magic Square i can't see the skills so when i am busy working on the big screen and therefore need to play on the smaller ones i can't even play normally.

I agree with Meikura001 , the minimum required resolution is 1400 x 940 wich is weird because that isn't a normal aspectratio (it should be 1400x1050 wich it can't because there is no computermonitor or TV wich can run at this resolution. So either a part of the game will be outside of the borders or the game will be 'compressed'.

Originally posted by angeldust261 View Post

Do you even think before you write? The native resolution on a FHD TV is 1920x1080 and when you have a TV wich is HD-ready the resolution is 1366x720. Now look at the resolution of the most monitors players use. Hey, these are the same, so you still think you are right on that? You also miss the fact that many people use a HTPC on a TV so where is the diffrence then? Nobody mentions the smart-TV's browser, you did. So when you descide to blend in a discussion about resolutions etc, please know what you are talking about before looking silly.

Don't you agree that a game need to respect common standards and/or aspectratios?

Comment

Myself, I use a 1920 x 1080 HD-LED-TV (55in) when I docked the laptop to it. Without the docking, the desktop size (max on a 17in WS) is much smaller than when I have the TV as the monitor. My modules cut off (as they are fixed normal windowed mode to the resolution specified) when I run them on the laptop (sans docking); however, I would have dead space between my taskbar and the bottom of my modules when I have it docked.

The average player would have a 1280 x 1024 resolution, whether laptop or desktop. Majority of the games I have seen are either 800 x 600 or 1280 x 1024 with the option to shrink or expand while maintaining aspect ratio. Most monitors are 4:3 in the majority while there are those who get by with a 16:9 in the minority.

It reminds me of the time when I first started to create programs; I had the most advanced stuff (at the time) that I would create such and have others try them out by obtaining them. You should see the amount of calls I get for the resolution alone (it was too big in view that parts of it were off the screen). At that time, I learned the average resolution in the majority that I had to redo my program so it can be run properly on such resolutions. Moral of that story (to the devs): just because you have the best stuff at your end doesn't mean everyone will have the same.

Comment

when I use chrome I have to shrink screen size to 90% to be able to see buffs in MS, when I use edge my first choice is 75% which makes it very tiny and a19" monitor but it is usable, just not user friendly.......maybe china uses different resolution to code idk

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd60 View Post
                              when I use chrome I have to shrink screen size to 90% to be able to see buffs in MS, when I use edge my first choice is 75% which makes it very tiny and a19" monitor but it is usable, just not user friendly.......maybe china uses different resolution to code idk
                              On Puffin (mobile browser), when I do IW, only the top third of the posts I could see (in theater mode), there is no way of moving around to the others so I am limited to those posts for the entire run. When I collect from the lab, the window blocks the entire view without a possibility to exit other than to just refresh (and wind up back at the annoying, yet misplaced, swirly on return) if I wanted to play.

Again, these folks did not think way ahead when they programmed their elements and resolutions. I've checked around to see if there are any system requirements (as many games would put forth such to operate) and none were found. We are left to figure out if the game is right for us or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X