No announcement yet.

eudaemon patrol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This cache clearing process should be automatic for character, account, and server each time a maintenance is performed. If we have to clear caches at our end, why couldn't they do it at their end?

Until today, I did not know this is something that can be done (as I am sure everyone else didn't know, either).

The cat's out of the bag.

Updated Edit
    Now, when we get a bug/problem, we can say it's at their end since they have dropped the ball on this one.
    Last edited by Meikura001; 11-16-2017, 01:14 AM. Reason: Updated Editing
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Clearing the cache? That's ridiculous, this happens consistently for every player I've checked. There's just no way a server-side cache can be the problem beyond a temporary fix, for which it's a lot easier to refresh it on the client side.

Although someone might need to let them pursue this foolishness, then reproduce the error again, so they can be disabused of this notion.

Comment

LOL I just had to laugh at that bit. Made my day, really.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
          Clearing the cache? That's ridiculous, this happens consistently for every player I've checked. There's just no way a server-side cache can be the problem beyond a temporary fix, for which it's a lot easier to refresh it on the client side.

Although someone might need to let them pursue this foolishness, then reproduce the error again, so they can be disabused of this notion.
          I bet it just clears the incorrect stats from the one eudaemon in the patrol panel, and that's it, but because it shows the correct stats after, then that must definitely be a fix. We'll find out if that is indeed what is happening when dOOkie goes through the process of humoring them, and then turns around and recreates the problem.

My issue with all of this is that I have been told the devs are aware of the issue, but seem to think a viable temp fix is to clear the cache on the system side. I truly wonder if the devs actually understand what the bug is. Although, this whole process is a huge step forward from them saying 'it's you, clear your cache' for every issue.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I sent in a ticket about this issue. After if or when they do clear my cache, I will see if the bug still happens which I bet it does.

Comment

I sent in a ticket about this including the video I posted here and got a response saying they know about the issue and they are working on it. They didn't say anything about clearing my cache. They did say they would send me the rewards that I missed out on.

EDIT: Hmm didn't think my last post showed up.
              Last edited by R262181389; 11-17-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

MemoryLane Thing is, I don't think dOOkie is the only person with this problem as I had seen posts about such from different players/members in the past. One would think a fix was evident, but it's just another casualty report when it happens.

Frankly, I don't think they ever made backup copies when a fix was made and work from there. It seems like every patch released, they used the barebones program instead.

Comment

I totally meant R262181389, not dookie. It's the weekend, so nothing should be done about your ticket until Monday, really.
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I got some more responses to my ticket about this and they said it is a larger logistical issue then they have thought and asked us to be more patient. They also said they will relay my account info to the devs so they can clear the cache on my account so the problem doesn't happen again. Kind of contradicting themselves so not looking for clearing my cache to solve the problem. They will let me know when they have cleared my cache

Comment

Cache clearing from the client side, about 2-3 minutes on average. Cache clearing from the server side, not present until a request is made for such.

Again, it should have been protocol for the maintainers to clear the cache on the server side as they are computers we, the players, connect to play. I can clear up my cache at my end until I am blue in the face; however, if the other side fail to do this as well, then problems like this tend to happen.

I fathom to bet that the sprites we keep seeing during the MPD runs (spire mainly) is the result of such. Unless, of course, they want to provide a logical explanation that doesn't involve pointing the finger to the player's computer/internet as some of us tend to use more than one computer/device to access the account from and to determine if it's our own or them.

Comment

I don't think this is a cache related issue as I almost always play in Incognito mode so there would be no cached game data at all.

It seems like even though your deployed eudaemon might show the stats from its sylph, sometimes such stats are counted when you accept the patrol but they are gone after you accept it. It doesn't always happen, but it could happen sometimes. When that happens, you see the lower stats after the patrol has begun. I have only one eudaemon and it's always deployed, so the display lag issue someone mentioned above does not apply either.

Comment

Working...
                        X