Lag & Tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag & Tickets

So, after hearing through the day just about everyone on my server (GameRocks S36) was seeing exceptional lag, and I'd just blackscreened heading into tanks, I figured I'd open a ticket. Felt like the logical thing to do. And, having just gone through the entire tanks battle in blackscreen with my guild mates, lasting perhaps just a couple of minutes, I had a couple of minutes before World Boss and Crystal War, so it seemed only civilized to let folks know something was up.

I clicked on the Support link, and my Account field didn't populate. So, the Ticket form wouldn't let me file a ticket, because of the lag I wanted to report with Tanks (and, to be fair, just about every other event I and others were running through the day today...not completely unplayable every time, but definitely not ideal).

Can someone address both the lag issue and being able to file tickets through the other channels?

Is this lag any different from the lag that most of us have been experiencing since the last patch?

Did you try relogging to see if that will help your ticket issue? Lag can affect the population of those fields as well.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

I think we're all veterans of Wartune Lag, so hope you'll understand when it's hard to be precise. The game seems to ratchet up these problems incrementally, and waits for enough to build up and for enough screaming voices before it really tries to do what should be part of its routine and tamp it down.

Yes, I did try relogging once yesterday before posting, and with the maintenance overnight got to do so again, and still see the problem populating fields in the support window.

I think yesterday's lag (which I assume is also today's) blackscreened tanks, causes me to crash out of my Wartune session at Sylph Expedition about half the time in just trying to select a helper sylph (just happened again today after logging back in), seemed to cause about half of us in each World Boss session yesterday to blackscreen until the event was over, those of us in events like Eudaemon Domain were often moving in slow motion, and so on. When some players for timed events are blackscreening about half the time, I think at that point the game is unplayable...because we're not getting in the rooms the majority of the time to play the events. Is that "different from the lag that most of us have been experiencing since the last patch?" Not sure. But, if the game is that unplayable, not sure it matters. It's time to open up tickets and say something.

As for the account number, before the latest move over from wonderhill.com to gamerocks.com, in this forum I used to see a different format that let me find the account number with my account info. I could have borrowed that from here for the ticket, but can't find that now. Any chance of helping me locate it, or, if it's gone, perhaps putting that back in here so when lag robs us of the ability to auto-populate that field, that we can help ourselves out?

Comment

I think we're all veterans of Wartune Lag, so hope you'll understand when it's hard to be precise. The game seems to ratchet up these problems incrementally, and waits for enough to build up and for enough screaming voices before it really tries to do what should be part of its routine and tamp it down.

Yes, I did try relogging once yesterday before posting, and with the maintenance overnight got to do so again, and still see the problem populating fields in the support window.

I think yesterday's lag (which I assume is also today's) blackscreened tanks, causes me to crash out of my Wartune session at Sylph Expedition about half the time in just trying to select a helper sylph (just happened again today after logging back in), seemed to cause about half of us in each World Boss session yesterday to blackscreen until the event was over, those of us in events like Eudaemon Domain were often moving in slow motion, and so on. When some players for timed events are blackscreening about half the time, I think at that point the game is unplayable...because we're not getting in the rooms the majority of the time to play the events. Is that "different from the lag that most of us have been experiencing since the last patch?" Not sure. But, if the game is that unplayable, not sure it matters. It's time to open up tickets and say something. (As a data point, it also seems yesterday I finished about 30% closer to the top in World Boss than normal. It's that many players, at a guess, unable to play the event yesterday.)

As for the account number, before the latest move over from wonderhill.com to gamerocks.com, in this forum I used to see a different format that let me find the account number within my account info. I could have borrowed that from here for the ticket, but can't find that now. Any chance of helping me locate it, or, if it's gone, perhaps putting that back in here so when lag robs us of the ability to auto-populate that field, that we can help ourselves out?

Comment

I support your decision to send in a ticket.

I'm not having any issues with my account number showing up in the form, myself.

Did you change your username on this page yet? http://www.gamerocks.com/user/setting If not, it should say 'gamerocks ###', with the ### being your account number.

If you don't see your number there, head back to the server selection screen or the game screen, right click the screen and select Inspect Element. In the search bar on the Inspector tab, type uid and press enter. Your uid will be near the bottom of the highlighted block of code (window.cur_uid = ' accountnumber ').

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

A new twist today, but still can't file a ticket.

Today, the Support page does auto-populate the Account field with my e-mail address. But, when it gets to the third (right-most) field on the Games line, just below it, it says "Couldn't find character info" and won't let me change that field. And, it won't let me change the Account field.

At the same time, today, on the left side of that page is an ID number, which is what I think used to work as my Account ID for tickets. However, where I did get successfully to the http://www.gamerocks.com/user/setting page and it does have a Username field populated exactly as you expected, that number doesn't match the ID on the Support page.

I'm stuck and I'm confused.

Comment

That certainly is strange. Can you pm me with the ID number from the settings page, and the ID number on your support page? I'll forward that for you.

Is the lag still as bad as yesterday?

Comment

I'm having different symptoms. Blackscreens today in arena. In Dimensions, got into an intermediate dim and suddenly could only toggle back and forth between existing completed rooms, couldn't move forward in spite of having most of the dim in front of me still. Spontaneous loss of Flash Player twice needing to refresh (I've seen this one before related to lag). Getting in and out of rooms is still slow, like it is for everyone. Logging in is slow. So, it's different, not sure if that means worse or just bad. But, it's bad for everyone like this, and still the game needs to be addressed.

Will PM you presently....

Comment

Working...
                X