Todays Hack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Hack

Why has every post been deleted about this, are you trying to brush this under the carpet - we deserve to know what has been comprimised - if any1 on r2's side has a backbone they will advise or do we needed to go thru the FOIA?

It would be nice to be update from them, Including any further action we the players need to take to resecure our accounts if any.
    DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

Not wanting to be too negative here but this shows how R2 thinks about their customers. We are nothing more than a bunch of sheep, we don't need any info and we are very happy with the compensation.

I seriously don't understand, how hard is it to come up with something good? How hard is it to give some information about the hack and where these people had access to?
      In the past the forum got hacked, had to find out on https://haveibeenpwned.com/

This involves all mailaccounts i use(d) for this game, was there any information about that when that happened? No. R2 hasn't learned from it then and they won't learn from it now.
      It is best not to recharge for a wile, for all we know nothing is safe at this point in time.

Edit:
      About the older ones:

Breaches you were pwned in

A "breach" is an incident where a site's data has been illegally accessed by hackers and then released publicly. Review the types of data that were compromised (email addresses, passwords, credit cards etc.) and take appropriate action, such as changing passwords.

R2 (2017 forum breach): In early 2017, the forum for the gaming website R2 Games was hacked. R2 had previously appeared on HIBP in 2015 after a prior incident. This one exposed over 1 million unique user accounts and corresponding MD5 password hashes with no salt.

Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames, Website activity

R2Games: In late 2015, the gaming website R2Games was hacked and more than 2.1M personal records disclosed. The vBulletin forum included IP addresses and passwords stored as salted hashes using a weak implementation enabling many to be rapidly cracked. A further 11M accounts were added to "Have I been pwned" in March 2016 and another 9M in July 2016 bringing the total to over 22M.

Compromised data: Email addresses, IP addresses, Passwords, Usernames

Comment

I have never noticed my forum name apear on server selectio before. Is this new or have i just been blind in the past. Note the name above server selection is Not any of my in game names. nore is it a gamesrock id .
        Attached Files
        DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

hm now it is not that I am defending R2 because I like or something, but lets be honest what can oyu do if any of websites,social media,email holders ,ect get hacked... nothing but to believe they have better people to defend then the attackers are....

Comment

Originally posted by Freddypainter View Post
            I have never noticed my forum name apear on server selectio before. Is this new or have i just been blind in the past. Note the name above server selection is Not any of my in game names. nore is it a gamesrock id .
            that name only shows up once u log in to r2 forums when you refresh ur gamerocks account it will show up

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

that name only shows up once u log in to r2 forums when you refresh ur gamerocks account it will show up
              Did the relog, Logged out r2. Cleard cashe, rebooted pc but Freddy is still there,
              DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

Originally posted by Freddypainter View Post

Did the relog, Logged out r2. Cleard cashe, rebooted pc but Freddy is still there,
                The name is appearing for a longer time now and for my 2 main accounts this mean the forumnames are shown.

For instance, when i log into the forum with "Buuurman", Buuurman shows above the serverselection. When i log out of my account (but not on the forum) and login with my other account the other account shows above the serverselection but now comes the fun part. When i click on a server i am not logging in as the second account, i still log in as Buuurman wich gives me to think that the forum-login dictates with wich account you login. Tested it a few times now and it keeps happening everytime. Not a big deal for me since i use both accounts in seperate browsers but in some occations i wonder why 1 session wants to close when i login with the other account in another browser. Then i check and i see that i am loggin in with the same account twice.

But i think you see this for the first time today, this exists for a longer period of time, it is quite usefull (when it isn't skewed). :P

Comment

It happens to everyone, Freddy. Weird side effect of the R2 platform cookies.

Posts related to the events that transpired this morning have been removed as we don't give attention to bad people who do bad things, so as to not encourage other bad people from doing bad things. An announcement was sent out in game by R2 apologizing for the inconvenience.

The previous hacks were all vBulletin related. We were using an older version of vB, and it was compromised. R2 has since upgraded to a more secure version.

This hack was isolated to the Wartune game backend. Accounts should be safe, but as always, if anyone is at all concerned about account security, changing your password will clear that right up. It's a good idea to frequently change passwords for everything on the internet.
                  New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

would of been realy laughable if these hackers fixed ur bugs on ur behalf hahahaha

Comment

They'd be in the wrong place to get that done, harry.
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

idk whats is worse

the 3h hack spam announces that made us laugh .. or the r2 announce after for 9+ hours that made us cry

u choose ..

go korea for me

Comment

Working...
                        X