Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug of the hopping top-icons is back again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug of the hopping top-icons is back again.

Today i found out that the bug of the hopping top-icons is back from the grave. It started around 09:35 and every minute they go hay-wire (switching positions like crazy) and causes lag. This is the same bug wich was reported many many months ago, why do these old problems keep coming back? Once a bug is fixed it is gone forever right? Well, not in this game.

I have 2 toons open on S645 and this occures on both toons, log-out and log-in doesn't help.

You know what the best part of this bug is? You can't even go to Hot events because the darn thing keeps closing itself.

Great, now the icons start to hop on such manner that they won't stop hopping at all. The lag of the game is at this very moment terrible, can't even walk in cloud city.

In the past this bug created lag but it was possible to do stuff, now the game freezes. That's it, i log off for today and see if tomorrow is better.

Comment

Recorded the hopping so everyone can see for himself how bad this is.

Comment

Can I get someone to tell me that I was right when R2/developer is using a barebones program rather than a backup?
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

It seems to happen at around the same timeframe each week. Might just be routine inline maintenance.

Comment

Same problem of top icons hopping back again at around 2300 server time, still persisting to date. Impossible to collect gift piles or do stuff in-game due to bad lag that goes along with it. Please fix!

Comment

Never had the problem of the Icons hopping but around the same time my flashplayer crashes but just on this site. I have had other sites pulled up in other windows and no flash problems at all on them.

Comment

This thread isn't ignored, it's just that this was happening every day, and during peak event time for a time zone. The fix was to do it less frequently, and not during peak time. We've been seeing it happen at about the same time of day prior to maintenance, so plan accordingly.

It's a process being run with a side effect of all of the icons at the top of the screen updating, which is why they dance around all crazy like for a short period of time, and results in overall game lag. It's a process that can't be run during maintenance because certain systems are taken offline during maintenance.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

A power down/power up through a banking network is very much like a maintenance. Network engineers would make backup copies of every thing they have within their network and we would turn them off in the following order: ATMs first, followed by the systems/terminals, then server, then network equipment (routers and switches), and finally the circuits. If certain pieces of equipment needed to be replaced (faulty system, faulty cards, etc.), we were given a list of what's need to be replaced (my specialty vendorship would be into the network equipment while HP took care of the systems and peripherals and Diebold takes care of the ATM mechanics). A PD/PU is done after hours (typically 2100 hrs to 2400 hours); I've seen some PDs take towards 0300 if the electrical contractor has to replace some items or upgrade them.

When a power up occurs, we reverse the order of equipment. Circuits are turned on and tested; network equipment turned on and tested (series of ping tests from the network support engineers that work with us); server is turned on and tested; computer equipment/peripherals turned on and tested, and finally the ATMs are turned on and tested. I can only recall of one time that we had to stay our welcome as a result of one engineer forgetting to make a back up of a certain component that was recently added.

I do my maint the same way. However, I could not (or probably will not) buy the fact they could not test something just because something is taken offline. They've could have closed out the network at the equipment point from the public and then test all to make sure it's working fine; to ensure the bugs that were fixed would not resurface; and then open the network to all to resume.

Personally, if they wanted to do the icon hop thing, I would prefer they do it at reset (or a few minutes before) on each time zone they are hosting on.
                  Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                  Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                  Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                  Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Around 10:25 the icons on europe server keep hopping/switching like maniacs again, (same past days!) ... so annoying when i wanna collect online bonus time/heavenly creanza/hotevent but the icons won't open or get some spender/recharge stuff instead... really should be fixed, and stay fixed each mt/patch instead off being trown back!

Comment

I noticed each time this happens, there is always a merge or maintenance about to happen. At the same time, I lag so bad I can't do anything in the game and if I try to refresh, I can't get back on.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                        I noticed each time this happens, there is always a merge or maintenance about to happen. At the same time, I lag so bad I can't do anything in the game and if I try to refresh, I can't get back on.
                        I noticed it since last sunday, and had it daily. All on my server experienced it, so was wondering if was just our server. Hope it will be normal again tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Luussje View Post

I noticed it since last sunday, and had it daily. All on my server experienced it, so was wondering if was just our server. Hope it will be normal again tomorrow...
                          Icon dance shouldn't be a daily thing. If your server is still experiencing it daily after this maintenance, please let me know your server number.
                          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
                          X