Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Requirements for running the game ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for running the game ?

Hello guys, I want to know what the capabilities of the device that can run the game without problems in the slow game or other

Ram = ????
    Cache = ????
    C.P.U = ????
    Size And Type of Screen Card = ????

If there are other requirements I have forgotten, please add them

The devs haven't given us the system requirements, probably because the requirements change as the game evolves.. The most important thing to have when playing this game is a decent graphics card - not integrated graphics, a fast processor, ample ram, and a fast internet connection that is not prone to high traffic hiccups or bandwidth throttling. The rest of your system should be in line with what's required to handle that graphics card and processor. Keep in mind, you can have the best system ever and will have problems with the game if your internet connection is not good, but you can also have pc specs on the low end and have relatively few problems running Wartune if you have an excellent internet connection. Also, keep in mind, very few people experience no lag at all - we are always at the mercy of the servers themselves.

To give you a starting point, this is what I found through google that the other platform says is the system requirements, as of 2016, which should not be used as definitive information, there's better hardware available, and again, internet connection is important:

Minimum:
    Processor: CPU AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor(3000 Mhz) or Pentium dual-core CPU
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GT 620 or higher
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 5 MB available space

Recommended:
    Processor: Intel i5-3470 or higher
    Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX650 or higher
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      The devs haven't given us the system requirements, probably because the requirements change as the game evolves.. The most important thing to have when playing this game is a decent graphics card - not integrated graphics, a fast processor, ample ram, and a fast internet connection that is not prone to high traffic hiccups or bandwidth throttling. The rest of your system should be in line with what's required to handle that graphics card and processor. Keep in mind, you can have the best system ever and will have problems with the game if your internet connection is not good, but you can also have pc specs on the low end and have relatively few problems running Wartune if you have an excellent internet connection. Also, keep in mind, very few people experience no lag at all - we are always at the mercy of the servers themselves.

To give you a starting point, this is what I found through google that the other platform says is the system requirements, as of 2016, which should not be used as definitive information, there's better hardware available, and again, internet connection is important:

Minimum:
      Processor: CPU AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor(3000 Mhz) or Pentium dual-core CPU
      Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GT 620 or higher

Recommended:
      Processor: Intel i5-3470 or higher
      Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX650 or higher
      memory-lane direct x 9 was pre windows 7 once windows 7 was introduced and graphic cards changed its now directx 10 or 11

I agree with memory-lane on a point don't use intergrated graphics you will lag a lot buy urself a graphic card
      Last edited by Xharry005x; 04-07-2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Processor: AMD Sempron 145 processor 2.8 GHZ
        Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 TI
        DirectX: Version 10
        Network: Fibre Broadband Internet connection 76 MBPS
        Storage: 200gb hdd
        Memory: 4GB

and only place I lag is loading into spire
        Last edited by Xharry005x; 04-07-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

For a browser/flash game? Are you serious? LOL

I guess I figured on why I wasn't able to run 5, let alone probably 1 when it comes to this.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

playing with a laptop with
            i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60Ghz
            16gb ram
            win 10 64bit
            nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
            and newest direct X
            wifi arround 700-900mb/s

still lagging/delay's in arena venus imp athena waiting against some ppl 1 min before skill cast and the other team can cast more then you

Comment

When I first ran Wartune, benchmark (via custom) had it about 350-500MB for memory (RAM) usage; hence why I was able to run up to 5 without any problems.

What it fail to state that it throws thousands of *.sol files (aka trackers for analytics in the form of clothing pixels) from server side to player side (think of it as a 100 gallon tank filled with water and the drain opening is only 1.5 inches; how long do you think it would be drained empty?); only one should have been sufficient for such tracking purposes; tried many times in disabling them but in doing so also disables the game as well. Then, there's the swirls on icons en masse and the only useless setting that was added (among others) is the full screen on/off function; derh, I could press the flashing box (why?) close to my name for that.

Comment

indeed meikura bit to much of the flashing stuff or stuff that isn't that neccasery (i know probably misspelled)

Comment

Originally posted by R22289894 View Post
                  indeed meikura bit to much of the flashing stuff or stuff that isn't that neccasery (i know probably misspelled)
                  Exactly, it's supposed to be a flash game where it can be played via a web-browser from anywhere or on any device without the need of a program (other than a web-browser) to run. Flash developers often kept their titles within certain maximums because the majority in the world do not have gaming spec devices. Hell, on my phone, through Puffin, it runs slower now than before. This includes the times I ran CC cleaner on my device along with clearing all data from all the apps (and I am one that always run 1 or 2 apps on the device in the background).

That 2GB requirement for memory, I would expect it from a PC program/game title that is popular, not for a flash game (and I had played various through my time). I am going to feel sorry for those that bought tablets, netbooks, and laptops that are small in size (drive and memory wise) that do not have an optical (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray) drive that could not probably play the game as a result.

The devs mucked it up since 5.1. I've been trying to hold on since then, but had lost. Now, I am just focusing on other things until they could get their heads out of their ***** and get the game back to what it was so people can come back to play.

Comment

think that will take long time or till there are new goodwilling dev's who know what they do and how to manage a game like this. the old ones dun care just care about money.. or maybe they are getting pushed to this from their higher hand.. who know's?¿? just would like that they just put back the clothing shards atleast once a month with getting chance of enough shards for 1 or 2 sets..

and hope they fix the delay during the war's so skill dun take 1 min to cast

Comment

Well, I haven't used a system with less than 4GB RAM to play, CPU and GPU are at most 2 years old (I don't keep old ones), but lag is still there with only 1 toon on. It's much less with a SSD. I did an inspection over system drive and figured each operation in game touches tons of files on disk. That's possibly the bottleneck. The other thing is, normal gameplay typically accesses more than 1GB of cached files (unused and grayed images are still loaded), but most browsers typically either forbid a cache size over 1GB or it would lag really horribly with anything over some threshold (usually 256-512MB). The game is too heavy for flash or most browsers to handle, but they probably won't update the client side, so lag is possibly not going away.

And for multi-player events each client has to wait for server to respond, and server waits for all clients before it makes a decision and responds, so if you got someone with big mounts/clothings/sylphs/etc. or someone with bad lag, then you could have a nap with all the loading and rendering time between each movement and/or skill.

Comment

tried using 2GB ram - you can feel the delay in the game, i tried play it on narra, i died passing thru the fire, have to do it many times until i arrive the 1st boss.

tried using 4GB ram w/ core i3 processor - last year just fine. since they keep adding new quests or events, not sure if its not laggy nowadays.

maybe 8GB ram w/ core i3 processor (recommended) - gonna need higher ram since the game eats alot of memory nowadays. R2 keeps adding, maybe 4GB is not recommended (based on old patch).

I think R2 needs to re-evaluate the recommended system requirements with the latest patch.

Comment

Again, a flash game was supposed to be played "portable" on any system/device with a web browser, typically anywhere. That's their role in a nutshell. However, this game does eat up a lot of memory as well as bandwidth. I've done a test on my mobile device and using Puffin mobile browser to play the game on a 100MB/day package (before I changed it); I was in the game (at Cloud City) for only about 2 minutes before I got the notice saying my data's been used up. With this, I wrote to folks if they are accessing the game via mobile device/tablet, that they are better off in playing on wi-fi than on mobile data if they wish to conserve their data. But 50MBs a minute? Anyone with a slow internet connection will feel the impact from such as well; especially if there was no true cache (I am sorry, but the one we got or had isn't doing justice as we keep having to reload the window each time we go to a spot; prior patch versions before 5.1 were okay because of the cache we had going that made it possible to "glide" through cloud city or through the wilds; perhaps we need to bring back those people that knew how to make a cache work and get rid of these stupid mass tracking analytic files instead).

I can play any other flash game on my system or device without any problem because they have those titles within parameters that is needed for folks to play. To simply increase the requirements will put many out from playing such until they spend to upgrade; many people do not want to upgrade or are in places where such is not possible (i.e., work or school workstations). If this game was a program then I will understand as it is meant to be on a PC and if people want to play it they would have to make sure they have the minimums required.

I don't know, I am hoping this new patch will bring some relief as I will test the hell out of it once it releases to the general public.

Comment

Sorry, i just cant help it.....the main requirement you need for this game is patience....extra extra patience.....god you'll need it

Comment

Originally posted by BarataYuda View Post
                              Sorry, i just cant help it.....the main requirement you need for this game is patience....extra extra patience.....god you'll need it
                              LOL, ain't that the truth?

Comment

Working...
                              X