No announcement yet.

new computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes flash is built in. not really sure I can uninstall it from edge (still looking). did go to adobe and test it and tried to update it, showed as current version to use and working. also windows update did the flash security update. the adobe help link is for IE in win 10 not edge and sends me back to generic flash test and help page. in edge flash is double locked. it must be turned on in settings and activated for the page you wish to use it on. both are done for r2games.com.
    I did open a support ticket this morning. so far have the standard try this reply. ticket#681410. maybe they can tell me what the game is doing at that point and i'll get some ideas on where to look. not expecting much so maybe they will surprise me

Comment

well i'm surprised worse than I expected. first round was the standard try, clear, refresh...etc. went downhill from there. the second round wanted me to try firefox. did you know firefox now comes with a free virus?? after killing firefox and trying to get rid of the virus went ahead and did another install of windows. now waiting on round 3. so here's a question. is this game tested with all current operating systems and their browsers or is it designed for one specific operating system and browser??

Comment

Try Puffin Browser:
        https://www.puffinbrowser.com/

Comment

Originally posted by elmerjfudd View Post
          well i'm surprised worse than I expected. first round was the standard try, clear, refresh...etc. went downhill from there. the second round wanted me to try firefox. did you know firefox now comes with a free virus?? after killing firefox and trying to get rid of the virus went ahead and did another install of windows. now waiting on round 3. so here's a question. is this game tested with all current operating systems and their browsers or is it designed for one specific operating system and browser??
          try lunascape browser

Comment

Originally posted by elmerjfudd View Post
            Firefox is my main browser, but I'm still on Win7 so can't look at why you got a virus with Firefox. There's nothing on the internet talking about it. Many people have been using Windows 10 since it was released as a free update, and aside from the initial annoyance with learning how to get flash to work, there's been no issues reported. Everyone has their preferred browser, and many who use Windows 10 also use Edge with no issues, but many others also prefer Firefox/Chrome/Opera. Harry has recommended lunascape twice in this thread.

Do you have any issues with any other flash heavy websites (ask Google if you don't know of any)? Do you have any issues with watching content from youtube, netflix, or similar streaming videos? Check your drivers and DirectX and make sure they are up to date? Is your internet connection wired or wireless? If wireless, can you go wired? McAfee not installed on your machine, right?
            Last edited by MemoryLane; 04-30-2018, 03:59 AM.
            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

windows 10 browser has built in flash but I also downloaded the flash files as I don't use edge browser I think its a bag of wind

windows 7 I used firefox when changed to windows 8 I switched to maxthon windows 10 none of those browsers work for me now with this game tried edge that was rubbish so searched the net for next possible browser which was TOR or Lunascape so used this and everything seems fine with this game

only place I lag is loading into spire but everywhere else loads quick

or try a light browser version see if this helps

or maybe try a different windows 10 build many builds on certain torrent sites which I cant mention ere

Comment

well firefox was the last test and i've been forwarded to devs. as for the virus meh no biggie. saw a few threads on default homepages being infected mainly msn which is win 10 default page but it did popup as soon as I started firefox and it's a hijack Trojan so all I could do is shutdown the browser. I can watch all the videos I want on Comcast homepage and youtube works fine too
                been doing some xploring. tried a couple of other games here and can't get in there either. my big problem is doesn't work on miniclient either which if I understand it correctly bypasses all browsers. this tells me it's in the machine which is nothing but win 10 running win defender and firewall. all windows updates are current, the system is hardwired and no way mcafee will ever touch my machine again(bad nightmares).

I can see flash work since I can turn it on/off and see the changes in how the various games react. so this leaves me with something is not turned on/off in windows or possibly something is blocked that the game needs. hate to whine but I know how to work in ie, chrome and edge and really don't want to learn another browser. I did see one really interesting item on another game. it looked like the same frontend as wartune. same loading bars and everthing. the difference is when it hit the 50% mark it started reloading all the game files. it kept going thru the same files til I left the page.

so one last question. how long does it take for a dev to respond to a ticket??

Comment

The devs don't respond to tickets directly. Support sends the information to the devs, and the devs look at it, and then relay that information back to support, for them to reply to your ticket with. This process is not the fastest thing in the world, but they'd only be able to assess issues with the game itself, not your computer's issue with the game, so I don't honestly think you'll find a resolution that way.

The client is a stripped down version of a browser, but it is browser based, specifically, it's Chrome or IE based.

It might be time for you to head to a technical forum. Tom's Hardware is a great place. Bleeping Computer is also decently active. You might have a favorite already, but no matter where you go, make sure to include your full system specs, some examples of where you are having trouble along with some examples of where you aren't having trouble, what you've already tried, and any other relevant information that someone that probably does tech support for a living might need.

When you've gotten it sorted out, please come back and let us know what it was.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

best thing for you is try a different windows 10 build the one that was installed with the new comp maybe f***ked I'm afraid to say

best goto a proxy torrent site and grab a new one

Comment

found it...sort of. took my windows 10 computer to a friends house and tried it there. he runs at&t isp and everything works fine using edge. will try the win 7 laptop later. so since the old win xp laptop works here and both win 7 and win 10 do not i'm guessing win changed how it handles ports. so anyone have a clue what ports wartune uses??

Comment

Here's a thread that talks about ports: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...-wartune-ports

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                          Here's a thread that talks about ports: http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...-wartune-ports
                          doubt it be the ports on a newley installed windows 10

I installed windows 10 and havnt once figured ports to play this game ever

ive never heard of that opening ports for a browser game maybe yes for mini client as its a 3rd party game installer

Comment

well right off the bat win 10 sucks! for win 7 try this first off defender only works when computer is in safe mode so use microsoft security essentials if u dont have it already. make sure u do a quicks scan of computer, after u done that and it cleared out any thing that u had.. go to your control panel then windows firewall, onces that page is loaded then on a separate open the browser that u want to use i recall you said firefox and wait till its loaded with the game page or homepage click over to the firewall on left of page u will see allow program or feature to bypass windows firewall on that page u will see a list of all programs installed on computer make sure theres a check mark on the browsers u want to get through the firewal click done at bottom of page. go to turn windows firewall on or off, disable windows firewall and open browser windows for game on every browser that u are going to use on game. u can do 1 at a time if u like dont matter now firefox even if u downloaded new version of flash u need to enable it per site or enable it for all sites by going to browsers options on the upper right hand corner of browsers page and hitting the icon that has 3 horizontal lines near the search bar on top click and on drop down menu u will see addons click that a list of add ons will open locate shockwave flash u will see options and a drop down with 2 options pick always active hit options u will see that always active is enabled along with block dangerous content that one is up to u where to set at now close and reopen it is now enabled chrome is similar u go to the address bar at the end of it u will see small icons hover over and fine the one that looks like a small piece of a puzzle with a red plus prob the first one and click it then click run flash at this time or manage for more detailed settings close reopen it wait till its loaded and they are both open plus if theres anymore browsers that u need open them all switch over to firewall window and while they are on and loaded switch the firewall back on and that will take care of your issue as the firewall will not close the open ports cause the ports where opened before the firewall so it will configure them as ok to let through wall try that see if it helps your issue

Comment

MADE IT!!! The Comcast modem was set one notch above default setting which blocks some ports in Win 10 that it didn't in Win XP. So it now works in Windows 10 using Edge, may try the other browsers later. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and help.

MemoryLane...in my opinion R2 can close support and start paying you.

Comment

I know that firewalls can sometimes block ports, hence trying it while disabled. I didn't even think about modem/router settings doing the same thing.

I'm happy you got it figured out. Thank you for coming back and letting us know what fixed it for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X