So, this is it for S764 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this is it for S764 ?

Some genius "engineer" screws up the URL after the merger, the server is inaccessible through the client and basically offline for a WHOLE DAY
    Corrective action is taken on the 9th, which causes a compensated downtime . .

In the meantime, EACH and EVERY person with a PAID thing like VIP runtime or a Spirit Covenant has lost a complete day due to the fact that some genius did not do a their job in the QA post-merge and NOBODY in the whole, wide R2-club even had the darn decency to post anything like "Sry, tech-probs, we're working on it"
    THEN, someone fixes something, miraculously the links and the client start working again - not a word of an apology on this major failure ?

Some clown took a WHOLE INSTANCE of a cloud-based 24/7 webservice - which is the exact definition of one of your game servers" offline and it's just being shrugged off and ignored ?
    The VERY LEAST that needs to be done here is to identify people with things like VIP, Covenant and whatever else has a daily count and is PAID for and add the missing day to those accounts.

I get where you're coming from. There's been varieties of reasons for why servers have gone down, and for various lengths of time, some far longer than most of a day, and everyone gets the same compensation. As soon as the problem was understood, the problem was corrected. The compensation was your acknowledgement and apology.

Compensation goes to the entire group of servers. It is not possible to individualize compensation based on what each person was impacted by. As the group has already been compensated, it is unlikely any further requests will be granted. Keep in mind, the terms of service does specify that no compensation at all should be expected for any downtime, whether or not you've paid for VIP.

That said, if you feel that you are personally affected in a majorly negative way by the downtime, you can send in a ticket with a specific list of what you personally find to be an acceptable form of compensation for yourself and see if support is able to work with you.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Thanks MemoryLane.

In short, you're saying that it is my personal problem when I pay for a day of service where service didn't happen due to the provider not being able to deliver that service on this particular day in the first place ?

To put it plain and blunt - I PAID for a service for a particular day and there was NO way for me to receive this service or the benefits due to a provider-caused outage.
      While I certainly appreciate and understand that there can and will always be complications and outages, this does NOT release R2 from their responsibility to deliver what I paid for.

I have meanwhile raised a support ticket to this effect and insist on the extension of my - and every other subscribers - subscription.
      I also have cancelled the recurring PayPal arrangements on the VIP subscription until further notice.

Should R2 Games not be able to follow this very straightforward request, I shall have to cancel this business relationship and shall terminate this account.
      Saying that, I am entitled by GDPR legislation to two particular things in this matter that R2 needs to deliver in such a case, we are looking into the "right to be forgotten", i.e. I can legally demand that ALL personal data will be deleted irrevocably as well as the right to transparency, which means that I can demand an extract of ALL personal data that R2 are holding on me.

I shall not hesitate to use either of those, whereby I shall insist on the extract of the aforementioned personal data in any outcome of the claim I made.
      Chat up "Support Elf Kurt" for further details on the matter.

With regards to the above mentioned item, I recommend that you familiarize with articles 12 and 17 in particular, links below :
      https://gdpr-info.eu/art-12-gdpr/
      https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

Should there be any doubts as to whether those are applicable for a U.S. based company, they certainly are - this is international legislation.
      Last edited by warsteyn; 05-12-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for NOT responding AT ALL.
        Lane, I appreciate that you might be just a volunteer with extremely limited options and possibilities, however . .

R2 Games should have made YOU acutely aware of the recent development around legislation in Europe that makes it mandatory for each and any company that is doing business with a European citizen to be compliant.

I have received NO response on the original request of getting the absolute peanut amount of 1 day VIP and 1 day Covenant refund so far and, by all means - I will NOT let go of this any more.
        There is a second support ticket now with which I demand full disclosure of saved account data, should there be no response, this goes upwards.

Comment

I didn't respond because I already addressed your initial concern, and you told me you sent in a ticket. Do you need additional assistance with your ticket? I will need your character name and server or your ticket number in order to forward your request for an update.

R2 will make an announcement regarding GDPR when it goes into effect. You can address any concerns you have after the 25th in whatever manner is listed in the announcement that will be posted by R2.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by warsteyn View Post
            Some genius "engineer" screws up the URL after the merger, the server is inaccessible through the client and basically offline for a WHOLE DAY
            Corrective action is taken on the 9th, which causes a compensated downtime . .

In the meantime, EACH and EVERY person with a PAID thing like VIP runtime or a Spirit Covenant has lost a complete day due to the fact that some genius did not do a their job in the QA post-merge and NOBODY in the whole, wide R2-club even had the darn decency to post anything like "Sry, tech-probs, we're working on it"
            THEN, someone fixes something, miraculously the links and the client start working again - not a word of an apology on this major failure ?

Some clown took a WHOLE INSTANCE of a cloud-based 24/7 webservice - which is the exact definition of one of your game servers" offline and it's just being shrugged off and ignored ?
            The VERY LEAST that needs to be done here is to identify people with things like VIP, Covenant and whatever else has a daily count and is PAID for and add the missing day to those accounts.
            Wow so you are concerned with loosing just one day on vip and spirit covenant, if that is your main concern then why do you play online games as there is always something that can go wrong, either a server goes down or for some reason the internet crashes. Anybody that plays an online game should know there is no such thing as compensation for unforeseen happenings.

I suggest you go on and enjoy your life and not worry about a lousy .67c which is all it cost you for one day vip and spirit covenant.
            angeldust S526 We are part of the Collective, we shall comply, resistance is futile

Comment

Working...
            X