Bug: Click to Continue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Click to Continue

For some reason, and completely at random during gameplay (beginning of dungeons, campaigns, quests, Sky Trail, Zodiac Palace, and/or just anything else) The screen turns dark with a button stating "click to continue."

1. As stated it is completely random
    2. Verified by several players on both S15 Server and others
    3. Has yet to be address, with tickets being closed with zero action, response or ownership of the issue by support

I have sent many emails, with screenshots, continually reopening it as the bug remains, and no one gives an answer that is even close to acceptable.

My Player Info: Sign In to S13, (however appears as [Kongregate-S15-Manthor] in chat), Tune Name: Manthor Guild: Wolfpack

I have at least 30 emails about this saved, with no appropriate answer or even acknowledgement from devs, only "support staff" who are not developers and claim they have forwarded this issue.

Personally, this is viewed as very unprofessional, discourteous and frustrating as the only people who could possibly fix it, seem to have never even acknowledged the issue.

Suggestion: STOP adding new stuff and fix what is broke. If the "click to continue" button cannot be fixed easily, REMOVE IT, FIX IT, AND ADD IT BACK. (caps not for yelling, simply to provide emphasis)

Screen shots are only 5 different occasions (some weeks and months apart, showing the fact this issue is not exactly new, but nothing has been done to fix it) I can get more pics if necessary... but I am pretty sure this should be more than enough for people to see and understand the issue at hand...

Additional Information:

This occurs in multiple browsers: Chrome, Explorer, Safari, Firefox on Multiple OS (Windows, Mac, Linux based systems) and also at various IP's at varying locations for many users.

I hope that others will answer in this thread as the problem is prevelant and not exactly a simple "oh, it's a bug"

People lose rewards, set back in timing sequences, lose out on timed rewards etc. (IE: Zodiac Palace: results in having to reload, losing the attempt, even if battle is won, and has on occasion caused the complete level to reset, making it impossible to achieve lvl 12, which otherwise could have been done, losing out on Blue (rare) pennants at the end of the lvl. (Just imagine how many balens must then be spent to make up for that loss! And this is just one example that has happened to me several times>

[Kongregate-S15-Manthor]

Comment

Thank you for all of the information. When this happens, are you focused on the game tab, or are you in another tab/focused on something off screen?
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        Thank you for all of the information. When this happens, are you focused on the game tab, or are you in another tab/focused on something off screen?
        only on the game, that is the issue, I understand why the button exists, for when people go offscreen, but it happens randomly even when people are not off screen and actively playing, doing dungeons or other activities..

Comment

I've had the click to continue bug happen to me too, but not as often. Generally, when it happens to me, I'm using Chrome and going from full screen back to normal sized window. I haven't seen switching between tabs or windows cause the issue, but it is more likely to happen in certain events: Castle Wars, Emeraldia, and Imperial War being the main places I see it happen. On very rare occasions, typing in Kongregate's chat on the sidebar will trigger it (it automatically goes to "click to continue" when I click outside the window, but sometimes refuses to clear when I click in the window again).

Servers Kong 5 & 6, Charater names: Fyrintenimar and SailorsMoon.
          Last edited by KS222; 11-04-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

This always happens when you move your mouse out of the game limits, which means that this happens on Chrome, R2 client and mini client. Just keep your mouse inside the game and you'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post

Hitting the escape key to get out of full screen sometimes triggers it also. Plus, the original poster is not clicking outside the game limits. It happens to him randomly during normal gameplay.
              The game only goes to 'standby' mode when it isn't in focous anymore. Try yourself using your browser and you'll see. So the problem might be either his mouse or his keyboard; something is messing up with this.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnwhyte View Post
                This always happens when you move your mouse out of the game limits, which means that this happens on Chrome, R2 client and mini client. Just keep your mouse inside the game and you'll be ok.
                Hitting the escape key to get out of full screen sometimes triggers it also. Plus, the original poster is not clicking outside the game limits. It happens to him randomly during normal gameplay.

Comment

If you read the additional info, you would note that this happens to other players, on completely different computers, different ISP, different browsers, completely different environments, not to mention the fact it happens to me on MULTIPLE COMPUTERS WITH DIFFERENT OS, EVEN IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. This issue occurs while the game is in focus, that is the problem... (added) = Did you even read original post.. =/
                  Last edited by m.walters; 11-04-2018, 01:50 AM. Reason: annoyance: Did he even read the issue before piping off with obvious answer that is a given..

Comment

The game only goes to 'standby' mode when it isn't in focous anymore. Try yourself using your browser and you'll see. So the problem might be either his mouse or his keyboard; something is messing up with this.
                    Something is messing up, but not necessarily on his end. 2 patches ago, it was a big issue for me. I don't have any different hardware, nor do I play any differently or use a different browser. They did a patch and the problem almost completely went away for me. That suggests to me its a game issue, or more specifically an issue with the way the game interacts with players' devices.

Comment

Let me be a little more specific, just to break it down, before someone tries to explain how it is not a bug...

This occurs during ACTIVE game play

and I have:
                      cleared cache, removed browser, and reinstalled, checked all possible influences, used different machines (MAC OS and Windows 10) and the issue persists. This is also nothing to do with my internet connection whatsoever as no connectivity issues exist. I am running on a dual WAN, Fiber connection with gigabit Ethernet and wireless 802.11AC. Up time and data is monitored by a Cisco router that reports no errors or negative events in relation to internet or LAN connections. This has also occurred using other networks. Also I have had this same issue on multiple systems IE: My business PC, Personal PC and 2018 MAC PRO or my 2018 MACBOOK PRO. Please do not blame my internet, all of those computers, some very obscure specific hardware, or me. Clearly that is not only unlikely, its literally impossible.

A little about me: Technical Consultant for Software Developers and Systems Integration with over 20 years of experience... maybe I might know what a bug actually is before I report it, and especially prior to posting it on a public forum.... so anyway, there's that... (yes, can be a little sarcastic at times...)

Comment

I know it can be frustrating when people chime in with how it should work, and how it's meant to work, and you feel like you need to defend your report, but it's actually a very helpful exchange when that happens. When I forward a bug report, I'm often met with similar resistance, even when the initial report is very clear and easy to understand, as yours was. When I ask a question about a bug, it's because I know what the devs toss back at us when a bug is forwarded, and I like to be prepared.

I have had this happen once, during the tutorial. I attributed it to lag, because I had been laggy that day. I haven't seen the click to continue pop up during my normal gameplay, and my mouse is rarely inside the game screen. I'm constantly tabbing to the forum, or moving my mouse over to a chat box, or pulling up a different browser to watch a movie on the side, or when I minimize the game screen for a few minutes to calm my computer fan down - all of which I do even in the middle of a fight. If I can do all of that and not see a click to continue box pop up, while you are seeing it pop up out of nowhere while actively playing the game, I would agree that the mechanism for displaying the pop up is most likely bugged.
                        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

This has been happening during regular game play for about 2 weeks
                          happens even while clicking on a skill

Comment

Originally posted by m.walters View Post

only on the game, that is the issue, I understand why the button exists, for when people go offscreen, but it happens randomly even when people are not off screen and actively playing, doing dungeons or other activities..
                            I've seen this happened before when we had a debate about the analytics and javascripts that were running alongside the game that adds to the massive data exchange (100 MB of cellular network data in about 5 minutes; as I was testing) as well as "bottleneck" (too many game background routines running from server side towards the player) lag. In that time, and still doing to now, it would go off-screen (virtually) to access one of their little side programs to run on its own.

They (either R2 or the devs) will deny that they are doing this, but when we did tests to remove certain javascript programming at the firewall level, the game doesn't run. Maybe, something to really look into this time around.
                            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                              I know it can be frustrating when people chime in with how it should work, and how it's meant to work, and you feel like you need to defend your report, but it's actually a very helpful exchange when that happens. When I forward a bug report, I'm often met with similar resistance, even when the initial report is very clear and easy to understand, as yours was. When I ask a question about a bug, it's because I know what the devs toss back at us when a bug is forwarded, and I like to be prepared.

I have had this happen once, during the tutorial. I attributed it to lag, because I had been laggy that day. I haven't seen the click to continue pop up during my normal gameplay, and my mouse is rarely inside the game screen. I'm constantly tabbing to the forum, or moving my mouse over to a chat box, or pulling up a different browser to watch a movie on the side, or when I minimize the game screen for a few minutes to calm my computer fan down - all of which I do even in the middle of a fight. If I can do all of that and not see a click to continue box pop up, while you are seeing it pop up out of nowhere while actively playing the game, I would agree that the mechanism for displaying the pop up is most likely bugged.
                              Were you ever able to get anything out of R2 about this? Are they even going to bother to look at it and fix it, or is this another one of those issues where people get messed over on rewards but R2 ignores it.

Note: I play regularly, daily in most cases, 2-3 hours a day minimum. Strangely now that seems not to matter, nor that paying customers are affected equally. Fact: Paying customers should be compensated at a bare minimum for lost rewards, people who have never paid a dime don't have much room to complain as they play for free, but for those of us that do, and play regularly, it is very insulting that there is no followup, cases are closed without resolution and no one seems to be able to understand the players frustrations for these reasons...

Comment

Working...
                              X