Shockwave crashing!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockwave crashing!!!!!!!!!!!

Use to be up until 2 days ago my shockwave crashed only 1 or 2 times in 24 hours. I upgraded to the latest version and now it has crashed 4 times in the last 2 hours!!!!!!! Pathetic!!!!

Yes is really bad on Chrome.

Comment

Miniclient crash all the time too now. Is not just Chrome. Lots people from my guild complain too doesn't matter what browser they use. It must be the bonus which we got with amazing ... events. Thanks r2 for making game almost unplayable.
      Last edited by MemoryLane; 12-30-2018, 02:06 AM. Reason: language

Comment

seems to be on all browsers I have tried
        Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

Comment

i use firefox browser, no crashing whatsoever. Try other browser.

Comment

ahhh i have been hoping some1 would post about this
            yup since last update i have been getting 5-6 shockwave crashes a day using mini client before that it was 1 or 2 a year
            it's definitely on their end as this is only site that is causing me trouble

Comment

Mine has been crashing 4 to 5 times a day since Goddesses were introduced. Today it's been crashing about every half hour. They're oblivious to the lag yet they can pour it on and make everyone's shockwave crash... and it's NOT the browser. I play other flash games and have NO problem.
              Knight - 45 mil BR
              100% FREE player

Comment

There's far too many variables to really pinpoint where the problem could be. I understand the argument of 'it's only happening on this site', but there's no real way to test that, since this site is the only site that uses this exact amount of absurdly optimized flash content, but if it was something on the game's end, every single player in the entire game would be experiencing crashes too, and I know that's not the case. Nothing changed on the game side of things, though, so you would have been crashing since the patch, at the very least, with the same frequency as you are today, and again, so would everyone else. Sometimes an update to one thing can cause issues with how other things run, so you might need to wait until that thing updates again to fix the issue.

If you're using the wartune mini client, this client is no longer updated, so will be outdated pretty quickly, and you should look into other options if flash is crashing with it.

If you're using the R2 client, there's two modes - Chrome and IE. If flash is crashing while in Chrome mode, switch to IE mode and see how it goes. Make sure your IE and flash are updated if you switch to IE mode.

For Chrome, make sure it's updated. Try playing while in Incognito mode, if there's no crashes then go to about:extensions and disable extensions until you find the one that's causing a conflict. Several websites even recommend making sure your drivers are up to date, while one of those site mentions that if flash is crashing while headphones are plugged in then the sound settings might need to be adjusted. I've heard from several people who have had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to fix issues they were having with it while playing the game, and since it's not uncommon for an update to corrupt existing files, it's worth a try.

If you're using Windows 10, see if there's an update available, as Windows 10 is known to cause issues with flash on insider builds.

And if none of that helps, you might need to find a different browser to play on for now. I personally haven't had any issues with Firefox either, but again, too many variables in play to say for sure if switching to Firefox will be a cure for you, so it might be a little trial and error.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Ahh, I see... everyone is complaining about shockwave crashes, but it's THEIR browsers. Here's a clue: it happens much more frequently when forced to play in cloud city. Whether it be running bounty targets (and it loading the city every time it comes out of battle) or just running up to do DSA and coming back down. There is "something" bogging down flash and making it nearly impossible to move, and those of us who haven't spent a fortune on high-end computers are suffering shockwave crashing. I know EVERY one of my guildies has been complaining about it but they don't bother to come to the forums or write tickets. Their attitude now is "been there, done that, they've proven they don't give a s...!!!" I, fool that I am, hold out hope that speaking up and adding to the choir will get us HEARD.
                  Knight - 45 mil BR
                  100% FREE player

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane;n1975270[B
                    ]There's far too many variables to really pinpoint where the problem could be. I understand the argument of 'it's only happening on this site', but there's no real way to test that, since this site is the only site that uses this exact amount of absurdly optimized flash content, but if it was something on the game's end, every single player in the entire game would be experiencing crashes too, and I know that's not the case. Nothing changed on the game side of things, though, so you would have been crashing since the patch, at the very least, with the same frequency as you are today, and again, so would everyone else. Sometimes an update to one thing can cause issues with how other things run, so you might need to wait until that thing updates again to fix the issue.[/B]

If you're using the wartune mini client, this client is no longer updated, so will be outdated pretty quickly, and you should look into other options if flash is crashing with it.

If you're using the R2 client, there's two modes - Chrome and IE. If flash is crashing while in Chrome mode, switch to IE mode and see how it goes. Make sure your IE and flash are updated if you switch to IE mode.

For Chrome, make sure it's updated. Try playing while in Incognito mode, if there's no crashes then go to about:extensions and disable extensions until you find the one that's causing a conflict. Several websites even recommend making sure your drivers are up to date, while one of those site mentions that if flash is crashing while headphones are plugged in then the sound settings might need to be adjusted. I've heard from several people who have had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome to fix issues they were having with it while playing the game, and since it's not uncommon for an update to corrupt existing files, it's worth a try.

If you're using Windows 10, see if there's an update available, as Windows 10 is known to cause issues with flash on insider builds.

And if none of that helps, you might need to find a different browser to play on for now. I personally haven't had any issues with Firefox either, but again, too many variables in play to say for sure if switching to Firefox will be a cure for you, so it might be a little trial and error.

I can tell you what the main problem is, flash. Games like this is getting too big for a platform like flash. Maybe it is cheaper or easier or whatever to run on flash. But when they came out with wartune reborn, they should of brought that out on HTML5 or a different platform to see how it does. Come 2020 when flash is no longer supported, they will eventually have to do something if the game is still running and they want to continue running it.

There is a reason not every single person experiences crashes. And that is not every one has the same computer or internet speeds. Your computer specs and internet speed play a big role in how well the game does. Someone running a pentium 4 processor and 5mb internet speed will basically be unplayable for them while someone with an i7 6 core processor and 100mb internet speed will not be crashing as often. But shouldn't need a high end computer for this game to be even playable. Someone in my guild has 100mb connection and a decent computer and he has started crashing recently.

Something has changed recently, that is for sure and it's not on my end. Before I could stay online several hours and could still continue to play the game. Now after being online for just an hour or less, I am lagging so bad, it's unplayable, I have to refresh. Nothing has changed on my end. I have a high end computer, since I play other games like battlefield 1 with high graphics and really no issues there at all.

Comment

If everyone was complaining about flash crashing, it would make things much easier, but that's not the case here.

My PC is flattered that it's been mistaken for high-end. About the only thing I don't deal with is flash crashing. My computer's processor is AMD A6-6400K APU (benchmark) with Radeon HD Graphics (as in, an integrated graphics chipset), on a 64-bit Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM. My internet is powered by legless gerbils. Speedtest just clocked me at 16 Mbps down, 1.88 Mbps up.

There has to be something common between all of you who are experiencing flash crashes now, versus not experiencing it immediately after patch 8.3, as nothing has changed in the code since 8.3 rolled out. I'm not talking about lag - lag is a thing that exists in all poorly optimized code regardless of what system you are using, but would not be related to the sudden occurrence of flash crashing for some players. That to me feels like software updated and is creating a conflict, or software that needs to update to resolve a conflict.
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Flash isn't being supported any more, from the little info I've been getting, and I agree with the players who say the crashes happen ONLY on this game, regardless of browser, updates, clearing cookies and cache, etc. I've been seeing increasing network connection issues with this game, and this game alone, for the past two years, and submitting tickets is a waste of time. Short of cutting the game cold turkey and playing something else that is not dependent on Flash, guess there's nothing to do but suffer through it...just saying...

Comment

Me too, same problem with flash crashing alot more often since about 2 days now,..perhaps its the golden ram? but dont think its that easy...

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                            If everyone was complaining about flash crashing, it would make things much easier, but that's not the case here.

My PC is flattered that it's been mistaken for high-end. About the only thing I don't deal with is flash crashing. My computer's processor is AMD A6-6400K APU (benchmark) with Radeon HD Graphics (as in, an integrated graphics chipset), on a 64-bit Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM. My internet is powered by legless gerbils. Speedtest just clocked me at 16 Mbps down, 1.88 Mbps up.

There has to be something common between all of you who are experiencing flash crashes now, versus not experiencing it immediately after patch 8.3, as nothing has changed in the code since 8.3 rolled out. I'm not talking about lag - lag is a thing that exists in all poorly optimized code regardless of what system you are using, but would not be related to the sudden occurrence of flash crashing for some players. That to me feels like software updated and is creating a conflict, or software that needs to update to resolve a conflict.
                            Of course not everyone is complaining about it. Like I already said, it doesn't happen to every single last person and even if it did, not everyone is going to make a ticket about it or go posting in forums. With where the game is at now, many don't bother anymore because they know it's a waste of time and nothing will be done about it because supposedly it's not the games fault but ours.

And you say you are not talking about lag. That is where the crashes come from. Well maybe can't speak for everyone on what they are seeing. But on my end, something changed recently that is causing lag to build up faster and if I don't refresh soon, I will crash. It just happened today. Not had any windows updates recently, nothing new installed, no updates for any programs, no hardware changes.

One thing I thought about is maybe it's an operating system issue. Maybe the game likes windows 7 better than windows 10. I would guess that the majority are using windows 10. But still doesn't explain why I am having issues recently. And yeah you could try to find out what everyone is running. But not everyone will come forward. And even if they did, I would bet some that don't have issues are running windows 10. And really to figure out if it is our end, it would take to much work on the players end, very few would be willing to do anything. And I am talking like reinstalling windows and running game with nothing else installed except for bare minimum.

Comment

Me and some guys from my guild uninstall flash updates and crash and lag gone for now. Seems is our fault because we update our flash No comment

Comment

Working...
                              X