• Show
Clear All

• Forum Bug

when replying to a tread/post i am starting to get often

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum error.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1977967 very annoying have to click ok then hit the post button again and post disappears and will later (sometimes) appear in the tread/post i wrote in

together with the yellow block in top saying "working" often for 2 min or so ,or page just not loading further this foru starts to become as the game! full of lag and more and more small bug's
    Theonlyghost
    Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
    Server : S122 US-East
    Guild : Fenix
    Class : Mage
    IGN : Theonlyghost

There's a clock at the bottom right corner of the forum page. Sometimes that clock will show a time in the future. When that happens, your spam prevention timer will be a little off. You can refresh until the time is correct on the forum, and then your timer will be fine.

Can't do anything about the time issue because the time syncs to real time and it syncs to the physical server host's time, and the times don't match, so it makes the time jump. It's been like this for a few years now. This issue also affects the order of posts in a thread, and the order of messages in inboxes, since everything goes by the time stamp on the forum. It will also make a post disappear if you try to edit it while there's a time stamp for the future on the post but your current forum time is correct, and it will stay gone until real time matches the time of the post.

Most times when there's an error, a refresh fixes it. Most times when the forum says "working", it's already done what you've asked it to do, and a refresh or just going to a different tab will show that everything is fine.

There's more bugs to be found on the forum. Some of them are completely R2's fault, and the rest are because vB5 is just a buggy mess. But, there's no spam being posted on the forum, and we were getting hit with hundreds of spam messages a day, and vB5 is more secure, so I feel like the bugs are fair trade.

edit: on that note.. perhaps I can turn the spam timer off for now, and see how it goes.
    edit2: time between posts timer is turned off, let me know that continues to be an issue.
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-02-2019, 07:05 PM.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

lol i have this since a week or so and the word working in yellow now for 2 month i think i even had let you know if i remember correct

going to a other tab and back does not work and refreshing when that happens either it means i have to close tab and click forum again on the game to get in forum sometimes even have to do it twice! just seems as lag on forum get worse as well

To save space on server for the forum why not archive everything older then 3 years or shrink it to zip file's might free up some space

Theonlyghost
      Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
      Server : S122 US-East
      Guild : Fenix
      Class : Mage
      IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

vB5 doesn't support archives. None of that content would be accessible as it would have to be permanently deleted. While I know most of the old WT content might not be needed as much today given changes to the game, this isn't the only game on the platform, and the forum content on other games still applies to those games.
        Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-02-2019, 07:31 PM.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
        X