Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

50% Stuck Loading issue? look here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50% Stuck Loading issue? look here

Sometimes players will say they cannot load their servers and they are stuck at 50%

This is very annoying, and even though trying the normal fixes, they are often unable to find a way to get in, until the game seems to magically clear itself and let them in.

If you make a ticket to support, they will ask that you try the following:
    1) Try a different browser
    2) Update flash player/java
    3) Stop/pause downloads
    4) Disable third-party browser active monitoring plug-ins such as video grabbers/adblockers as these have negative impacts to browser games
    5) Lower protection/disable firewall or make sure site is whitelisted as it may block the port of the game
    6) Set browser to a higher priority via Task Manager
    7) Check Internet speed and stability [http://speedtest.net/] Any small interruption or disconnection is crucial for the game to completely load

It would be advisable to make your ticket already having tried all of this, and let them know that you have, with all the results of each in the body of the ticket. Hoping to save you some time.

Other things that you can try before making a ticket are the following, they may not help the problem, but they will save time from support asking you to do the same:
    1. Try a different computer, and/or a different internet connection (log on at work or a friend's house)
    2. Try a VPN (maybe your issue is with your isp's dns lookup)
    3. Change and flush your DNS if the previous worked, then try again
    4. Run CC cleaner or a similar program or manually clear your prefetch and temp files
    5. Hard restart your router (use the 30-30-30 reset or call your ISP to do it for you, you can google the make and model of your router to see which you need to do)
    6. Open any blocked ports on your modem (if you are on a network and know how to port forward and change the settings for you NAT then feel free, I just asked my ISP to unblock them for me, because I didn't want to break anything)

Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 05-03-2014, 12:42 PM. Reason: fixed link.

Excuse me! are you explaining to IT engineer? but thanks anyway for your hard work to help non IT skill like me.

Comment

I am convinced the "load halfway then freeze" is simply a capacity issue on the Game servers.

I was online ([S468] Wyestead) without an issue early this morning but then, at about 08:00-08:30 the game started to lag BADLY, until I was presented with a "Connection Lost" pop-up.
      My Internet connection was still functioning perfectly so it was not MY connection that was lost, it was the Game Connection.
      All subsequent attempts to rejoin, over the following five hours, have run into the same 50% then fail problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	halfway_again.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1688043

This same issue occurred many times in the past, and ALWAYS at peak load periods, but it did seem to be fixed by one of the recent Maintenance sessions . . . . right up until this morning when the old nemesis returned.
      In the past I found that the only way I could rejoin the game was to simply leave the Browser on the locked page, with the sound-on and the speakers at "loud".
      Then, sometimes within an hour and sometimes after many hours, I eventually hear the Game Music* and find (with no intervention from me or change in my settings) it has loaded.

I personally do not think that there is ANY action the end-user can take to resolve this one.
      I have followed the "Standard Reply" advice from Support, and I have followed the "Advanced Standard Reply" guidance, plus a few additional steps based on my own thirty years working in computing . . . . and not one has made a blind bit of difference.
      . . . but, human nature being what it is, I was still dumb enough to try it all again today, fruitlessly.

This post isn't intended as a rant or a complaint, I am simply trying to advise others in the same position that, unless their problem differs to mine, it is not their own fault nor is it the fault of their Computer, nor a problem with their Internet Connection

Here is what I have tried. . . .
      ......First the "Standard Advice"
      • Try a different browser
        - -Tried Google Chrome (Default), Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox.
      • Update flash player/java
        - -Done that
      • Stop/pause downloads
        - -None running
      • Disable third-party etc. etc.
        - -Done. None running.
      • Lower protection/disable firewall etc. etc.
        - -Tried, briefly
      • Set browser to a higher priority etc. etc.
        - -Tried closing all other programs and running nothing but one browser, to ensure that broswer has ALL system resources
      ......Then the "Advanced Advice"
      • Check Internet speed and stability etc. etc.
        - -Done that: performance is optimal
      • Try a different computer.
        - -Tried three separate machines: two running Win.7 plus one using Vista
      • Try a VPN
        - -Tried that
      • Change and flush your DNS
        - -Done that
      • Run CC cleaner or a similar
        - -Done that. Two separate Cleaner Programs run, plus "Clear Cache" options in Browsers' tools.
      • Hard restart your router
        - - - Done that
      • Open any blocked ports on your modem
        - -None blocked
      .....In addition, based on my own experience, I have
      • Closed TSR programs to release system resources
        - -Closed all Anti-spyware, Anti-Virus, and Performance Monitoring "TSR" programs
      • Reset Computer
        - -Performed a full ‘Power-down’ close and reboot
      • Check nothing is "Hogging" the system
        - -Used two Cleaners, used Browser Clear Cache options, run anti-Spyware and Anti-virus scans
      • Check Registry is not corrupted
        - -Performed a full Registry Scan, Edit and Clean
      • Ensure Flash Player has maximum resources
        - -Double-checked that "Adobe Flash Player Settings" does allow "Local Storage" at "Unlimited"
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ATTACH=CONFIG]87314[/ATTACH]
      • Run in "Safe Browser" mode
        - -Run the Chrome browser in "incognito" mode and MSIE in "InPrivate" mode
      • Try another WarTune Server
        - -I Created a new character on a non-UK / non-Europe server and the game loaded instantly!
      What I have NOT bothered to do is raise a Support Ticket

This is because, last time, I became quite annoyed after receiving the same "Try a different browser", "update flash player", "etc." advice over and over, despite including the above steps taken in my Support Ticket.
      When I did eventually convince someone that I'm not exactly new to computers and I had tried the suggestions I was then told, "you are online already, so the problem must be resolved"**.

So if you are stuck in the same position as me, I personal believe there is actually NOTHING you can do but wait until traffic eases and someone resets the server access.

UPDATE - Just as I posted this, the music started and (again with no intervention from me) the game re-started
      But, one hour later, it announced "You are logged-in from another location" and forced me to close the page
      . . . . and guess what? . . . . Yup, you guessed correctly, any attempt to re-join locks-up at the same old 50% point.

This problem really does get tedious and if I didn't have a little money and quite a lot of time invested in this game I think I'd just quit now.

* - It is important to remember to turn the speakers off, or close the Browser/Computer, when going to bed though. Otherwise there is a risk of waking-up to LOUD Game Music!.
      ** - The "You're already online" comment was, I assume, because I was logged-in to http://wartune.r2games.com/ to access these Forums even though I couldn’t access the game itself.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TisOnlyi; 05-18-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I've been getting this for the last 4/5 days. I've done all the suggested fix actions and still get this issue. Using Charles, I do not see any server calls being made once it hits that 50% mark. Network traffic from dev tools in chrome shows this as the last URL request: Request URL:http://res478.wartune.r2games.com:80...2dc3f4296bdd18 . Although this comes back as 200, there's not response data available. This is incorrectly being reported as a 200. There's certainly something amiss with the client/server communications.

Your QA folks need to figure out what steps to reproduce are and get a bug ticket over to the devs on this. This happens way too often for this to be a client side issue. All other variables being the same, no reason this should work in the morning and stop working at night.

Additionally, there are 3 calls for background images 404'ing. Indicates either the images aren't there or the path to those images have changed and not updated.
        Last edited by jollyrob; 06-04-2014, 08:52 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrob View Post
          I've been getting this for the last 4/5 days. I've done all the suggested fix actions and still get this issue. Using Charles, I do not see any server calls being made once it hits that 50% mark. Network traffic from dev tools in chrome shows this as the last URL request: Request URL:http://res478.wartune.r2games.com:80...2dc3f4296bdd18 . Although this comes back as 200, there's not response data available. This is incorrectly being reported as a 200. There's certainly something amiss with the client/server communications.

Your QA folks need to figure out what steps to reproduce are and get a bug ticket over to the devs on this. This happens way too often for this to be a client side issue. All other variables being the same, no reason this should work in the morning and stop working at night.

Additionally, there are 3 calls for background images 404'ing. Indicates either the images aren't there or the path to those images have changed and not updated.
          would be nice if you file a ticket with the info you have collected to see if they can do something with it. any player help is always welcome.
          if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
          then click on support

Comment

done. Your case # is 112135,

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrob View Post
              done. Your case # is 112135,
              gave it to the GMs, thank you for your input.
              if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
              then click on support

Comment

I am having the same issue as other players. Except on my computer my thing gets to 22% and just freezes and crashes
                I am the nightmare that creeps into ur room and scares u at night

Comment

same problem here is like nothing works to get game started and other server no problems

Comment

I've have try the following:

1) Try a different browser--- not working
                    2) Update flash player/java---- not working
                    3) Stop/pause downloads--- not working
                    4) Disable third-party browser active monitoring plug-ins such as video grabbers/adblockers as these have negative impacts to browser games--- not working
                    5) Lower protection/disable firewall or make sure site is whitelisted as it may block the port of the game--- not working
                    6) Set browser to a higher priority via Task Manager--- not working
                    7) Check Internet speed and stability [http://speedtest.net/] Any small interruption or disconnection is crucial for the game to completely load--- not working

and none of them works

Try a different computer, and/or a different internet connection (log on at work or a friend's house) ---- I only have 1 laptop
                    Try a VPN (maybe your issue is with your isp's dns lookup) try this non works
                    Change and flush your DNS if the previous worked, then try again- done this none works
                    Run CC cleaner or a similar program or manually clear your prefetch and temp files---- this didn't work also
                    Hard restart your router (use the 30-30-30 reset or call your ISP to do it for you, you can google the make and model of your router to see which you need to do)-- done this none works
                    Open any blocked ports on your modem (if you are on a network and know how to port forward and change the settings for you NAT then feel free, I just asked my ISP to unblock them for me, because I didn't want to break anything)--- this didn't work also

so what to do now

Comment

Originally posted by chamazing View Post
                      I've have try the following:

1) Try a different browser--- not working
                      2) Update flash player/java---- not working
                      3) Stop/pause downloads--- not working
                      4) Disable third-party browser active monitoring plug-ins such as video grabbers/adblockers as these have negative impacts to browser games--- not working
                      5) Lower protection/disable firewall or make sure site is whitelisted as it may block the port of the game--- not working
                      6) Set browser to a higher priority via Task Manager--- not working
                      7) Check Internet speed and stability [http://speedtest.net/] Any small interruption or disconnection is crucial for the game to completely load--- not working

and none of them works

Try a different computer, and/or a different internet connection (log on at work or a friend's house) ---- I only have 1 laptop
                      Try a VPN (maybe your issue is with your isp's dns lookup) try this non works
                      Change and flush your DNS if the previous worked, then try again- done this none works
                      Run CC cleaner or a similar program or manually clear your prefetch and temp files---- this didn't work also
                      Hard restart your router (use the 30-30-30 reset or call your ISP to do it for you, you can google the make and model of your router to see which you need to do)-- done this none works
                      Open any blocked ports on your modem (if you are on a network and know how to port forward and change the settings for you NAT then feel free, I just asked my ISP to unblock them for me, because I didn't want to break anything)--- this didn't work also

so what to do now

same here non of the above working for s471 and i have 3 different internet connection here that i tried aswell and 5 different computers(desktops) and 3 laptops still s471 not loading

Comment

didnt mention that the other 2 servers i play on work perfect on all computers and internet connections. so the problem is really only with S471

also the server allows me to log in again normally after 2130 server time

Comment

I am also experiencing loading problemson S471. R2 havent even bothered to reply to the ticket I put in 3 days ago. However they did reply to a friend to say it was the overloading of flash by watune developers so that the IP's cant cope with it.
                          Other servers seem to be working OK though, so not sure how accurate this is.
                          This server is starting to lose a lot of good players because of this, I am now struggling to be able to qualify for Hot Events, so how long I am going to stay in the game is something to think about.
                          Treating people who pay for this game as if they are just a nuisance, shows a great deal of arrogance or just plain disinterest. Obviously this is not a new problem as it was going on before the merge.
                          This server is not fit fot purpose - do something about it please

Comment

Ticket numbers?

Comment

u realy need to do summate about this I am losing my guild because of ur incompitance u no the problem is on your end so why can u fix I am guild master of phoenix on s471 and I loisng guildies fast because of the problem half who have left are paying custermers and u will lose money so why dny ya get of ya lazy backsides and fix it fast s471 was fine till you merged us to s468 which was a bad server why don't ya take all accounts n character from 468 and put them on 471 then delete s468 there problem solved no more login issues then
                              Last edited by blade301983; 07-01-2014, 10:27 PM.
                              IGN xKing Arthur BR 2.48 mill lvl 80

Guild Valints guild master

Server S471

Comment

Working...
                              X