Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW - Making it to the Finals.

Hey guys,

I put together a post about CW on my blog. Its about what to do in order to prepare for CW prelim's (3 key things that are needed to make the finals).

Before i get everyone saying "cash, cash, cash" LoL. I just want to say that there are plently of people that cash that don't make it into CW Finals and this Post is primarily for them. If you or someone you know has made it into CW without cashing that is really impressive, and if i were you i would be very proud. If you are spending (even in small amounts) and are not getting any luck I would take a look at the post.

http://jackos24-wartune.blogspot.ca/

GL in Finals for all that made it.
    IGN: Jacko
    Server: Kabam S24
    Guild: Genesis
    Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Checked it... and meh, i dont really see how this could help anyone helping in finals other than the strategy for skills.
    I can see the use of some good guild, as it helps with exp, but a good nr 2 can do the trick too i believe. Why DA?:P i really really really hate DA, never do it (yes i made finals, no im not a hardcore casher, yes im lucky and aware of that:P)
    Good strategy im in favor of that. Not sure if it's your strategy but, no aoe spell and use of blood rune, don't you kinda limit your options with blood rune since you cant kill troops quickly?
    The last RNG... how does this affect anyone getting in finals as you state its luck?:P

Comment

Originally posted by fenrir67 View Post
      Checked it... and meh, i dont really see how this could help anyone helping in finals other than the strategy for skills.
      I can see the use of some good guild, as it helps with exp, but a good nr 2 can do the trick too i believe. Why DA?:P i really really really hate DA, never do it (yes i made finals, no im not a hardcore casher, yes im lucky and aware of that:P)
      Good strategy im in favor of that. Not sure if it's your strategy but, no aoe spell and use of blood rune, don't you kinda limit your options with blood rune since you cant kill troops quickly?
      The last RNG... how does this affect anyone getting in finals as you state its luck?:P
      Its an old strat that i had to rethink since the patch. There will always be an element of RNG so if you do get lucky (as you stated it will help you :P) (invest in rabbit feet :P). DA = more xp for talents (and a small amount of rewards).

Comment

Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
        Its an old strat that i had to rethink since the patch. There will always be an element of RNG so if you do get lucky (as you stated it will help you :P) (invest in rabbit feet :P). DA = more xp for talents (and a small amount of rewards).
        To give ppl hope, it's possible without DA:P

I read this somewhere, not sure where: Why should the rabbit feet help you, if it didn't help the rabbit where the feet came from?:P

Comment

DA gives very very little xp though. I never really understood the fascination of that other than the small bit of kyanite you get at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
            DA gives very very little xp though. I never really understood the fascination of that other than the small bit of kyanite you get at the end of it.
            hmm make 3 mill xp a shot in there (18 days of possible DA's in between CW's) that's 54 Million xp if DA is done 4 days a week.(that's a talent point & Sylph xp) Plus the rewards of top 3 if you can manage it.

Comment

You're biggest need for actually getting there is be lvl 80 (for a good while already if not cashing hard).
              I always win against 74 and lower but most 75+ to 80 kill me quick, mostly because the people I face have 70 set...

Your hints are meant well but useless. You can do all the things on your list but it's meaningless.
              As soon as you win 6 battles at the start, you will lose 5 more after that unless you have what I said earlier.
              I'm seeing a big change coming once they patch it so all the rounds give equal points. No more lame tactics from those losing on purpose at the start.
              Player Class: Archer
              Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

seems like a possible way to play but still I hope mages, especially the lower budget ones dont take this guide as a way to play. There are 4 sylphs I'd sooner use then apollo for CW; there are 4 runes I'd prefer to blood and/or amnesia; I'd use different skills.

Not saying how I play is better, but I do think this strat is sub-optimal at best.

Comment

Couldn't make it on ****** blog I see? and this guide is for complete cashers
                  "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    You're biggest need for actually getting there is be lvl 80 (for a good while already if not cashing hard).
                    I always win against 74 and lower but most 75+ to 80 kill me quick, mostly because the people I face have 70 set...

Your hints are meant well but useless. You can do all the things on your list but it's meaningless.
                    As soon as you win 6 battles at the start, you will lose 5 more after that unless you have what I said earlier.
                    I'm seeing a big change coming once they patch it so all the rounds give equal points. No more lame tactics from those losing on purpose at the start.
                    This is only my second CW after i reached level 80 (made it into the rest of them without being level 80) (Take a look at the wager list (there are plenty of peolpe that made the finals that aren't level 80)

On my post i have a list of 7 other guildies there that are all in the 70's (72-79) that made it into CW (all light to medium cashers).

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                    seems like a possible way to play but still I hope mages, especially the lower budget ones dont take this guide as a way to play. There are 4 sylphs I'd sooner use then apollo for CW; there are 4 runes I'd prefer to blood and/or amnesia; I'd use different skills.

Not saying how I play is better, but I do think this strat is sub-optimal at best.
                    As stated this is an old strat. (used in Prelims but not in finals) (I'll post new strat after CW).

Originally posted by DrigenDragon View Post
                    Couldn't make it on ****** blog I see? and this guide is for complete cashers
                    Never said this post was for non cashers (In fact i say it over and over that its for people that have spent money on the game and still can't get into CW).
                    Last edited by Jackos24; 01-24-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Jacko you're a very heavy casher, seems to me you won't even understand how it is for those who don't cash that hard.
                      Some people who don't cash hard get there but those are the minority.

The only people that have the most chance are heavy cashers and veterans. The rest are lucky.
                      And all your tricks and tips are nice for players like you, but it won't help anyone else.

Hell I always do everything on your list except DA but I can try all I want, in the end I'll end up against 70 set 75+ people, chaos runes, or worse.
                      As I said, I don't lose against 74 and lower and I defeat a fair share of the 75+ but most aren't in my league yet.
                      I might get lucky like those other 75- one day but hell, those tips you give people, haven't got anything to do with it.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                        Jacko you're a very heavy casher, seems to me you won't even understand how it is for those who don't cash that hard.
                        Some people who don't cash hard get there but those are the minority.

The only people that have the most chance are heavy cashers and veterans. The rest are lucky.
                        And all your tricks and tips are nice for players like you, but it won't help anyone else.

Hell I always do everything on your list except DA but I can try all I want, in the end I'll end up against 70 set 75+ people, chaos runes, or worse.
                        As I said, I don't lose against 74 and lower and I defeat a fair share of the 75+ but most aren't in my league yet.
                        I might get lucky like those other 75- one day but hell, those tips you give people, haven't got anything to do with it.

Seems you like to post your negative thoughts on any post i put up. (how about doing your research before you base everything you say off of your own experience. (i'm pulling from 7 different guildies of all different Level's, BR's and Classes. (your saying this is my experience... and your wrong..) fyi one of those guildies was a level 70 / 90k br (and she is a very light casher). Just because you can't do it does not mean its impossible.
                        Last edited by Jackos24; 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Seems you like to post your negative thoughts on any post i put up. (how about doing your research before you base everything you say off of your own experience. (i'm pulling from 7 different guildies of all different Level's, BR's and Classes. (your saying this is my experience... and your wrong..) fyi one of those guildies was a level 70 / 90k br (and she is a very light casher). Just because you can't do it does not mean its impossible.
                          Actually it would be interesting to read how that lvl 70 / 90K br made it to the finals
                          Mage Calira on US East
                          Lvl: 80
                          BR: 159K+

Comment

Originally posted by Sturlalex View Post
                            Actually it would be interesting to read how that lvl 70 / 90K br made it to the finals
                            by winning obviously

Comment

Please read what I type before you tell **** like that. Where did I say 'impossible'?
                              My thoughts aren't negative, they're realistic, and the reason I always have to disagree with you is because all your posts are always aimed at heavy cashers or veterans while you claim otherwise.
                              You talk about research, I advise you to build a new toon, get it to 80, but not more than 110k BR (aka most ppl in the game).
                              Then watch your theory shrivel. I've already given enough explanation on this, but you're too stubborn to realise while your intentions are meant well, your method is wrong.

Also if you're going to tell me a lvl 70 with 90k br isn't lucky but it's because of your 'tips and tricks' I'll be laughing hard.
                              Last edited by IggyBousse; 01-24-2014, 06:58 PM.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Working...
                              X