Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

How to cast runes in Sylph form.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who cares if it's a glitch, feature, error, not-turn-based, coding stuff up, Wartune conspiracy or any other reason why it may or may not exist in game.

There are only 2 relevant points;

1. This method works.
    2. The G.M's have confirmed we can use it as much as we like, and not get penalized.

Good enough for me, the rest doesn't matter to me one little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
      You guys are arguing over syntax when it doesn't change anything. You're also arguing over the developers' intent without the ability to talk to the devekopers.
      This perfect, rational response FTW!

Comment

• Originally posted by ibzc00 View Post
        This perfect, rational response FTW!
        The drama ended awhile ago.
        "… Stupid people do stupid things.
        Smart people outsmart each other.
        Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
        TheGuardingDark status: ██
        senadbasic status: ██
        oxykotton status: ██

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackos24 View Post
          I just check up on this post from time to time and still see ppl arguing about this and not sure why :P. We have the Mod. Reply. (thats good enough for me :P)
          I think its the others that harp on it.
          For example mrpunkhead.
          Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
          Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
          Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
          One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
          In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
          One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
          One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
          In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
            first of all there's no such thing as turns in real time based. Now, if you wanna continue with turns, then every move needs a certain number of turns, and a turn is a measure of time. When you do a double hit, you use 2 turns, and the boss use 2 turns: an attack turn, and a "skip due to delays" turn. The thing with real-time is that "turns" are in time intervals, rather than actions. In chess, 1 action = 1 turn and each turn have different amount of time. That's the idea of turn-based game. You are trying to apply it in wartune by saying that "awaken + rune" action = 1 turn. But no, nothing like that. That's how wartune is different games. It's actually real-time with bigger time intervals that makes it look like turn-based. If you played FF12, you would understand.

turn-based analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why 1 turn end up doing awaken+rune. A single turn
            real-time analysis: the skills are fast to cast thats why you are able to rune after awaken right away. 2 separate moves

if you transform, you should not be able to use runes. The system should've checked your state and detect "awakened form" and make the rune action invalid. Simple as that. Devs thought that hiding the runes would already do the job, so they didnt add this "checked your state and detect awakened form". Due to laziness of devs, people have found an exploit. GMs doesnt care about these minor stuff, so like every1 has already said, do it. I'll do it, and not share it to everyone, otherwise i'll lose advantage of the exploits. Like lucky pack drops, getting 5x cata to drop lucky packs when they post dates like feb7 - feb9, and much more exploits. All of these are errors, and im exploiting them to my advantage.

being an exploit, and being fair are independent. In this case, as long as everyone knows it, it would be fair but will continue as an exploit til the patch that allows rune to be used during awaken mode comes to our servers.
            Did you even read what I typed? I put the apostrophes there for a reason as I was lazy to think of a more appropriate term to call the period of animations your toon goes through to cast whatever skills you have queued up. What I said was basically what you repeated on real time. As for system checking state, I'm pretty sure awakened form is not coded as a state. The rune feature has always been there and unless they change the codes completely, all it is now is just a hidden portion on the screen but it is still there. It makes no sense for them to create a new string of codes just to put only skill slots there when all they need is a string of codes to treat it as a swapping of skills while in battle rather than a string of codes to enter a "state" as u call it and another set of codes to put only skills. This way they can copy the current code but just add a little bit more to hide the rune portion while having a new set of codes for the swapping of skills. The portion of codes hiding the runes gets removed in later patches anyway. So either way, it is still a matter of how skilled one is at timing their moves and can be considered the same feature as double hitting. That is why so many ppl are telling you that if you still want to insist on it being an exploit, double hitting has to be considered one as well since its basically the same thing which i've already explained in so many different ways to you by now. If you still don't get it then I can't help any further since you obviously have problems with communication here...
            IGN: Athena
            Guild: Warriors
            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
            Class: Archer
            Difficulty Level: Noob
            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

• Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
              I think its the others that harp on it.
              For example mrpunkhead.
              I did no such thing, you better re-read the thread.
              "… Stupid people do stupid things.
              Smart people outsmart each other.
              Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
              TheGuardingDark status: ██
              senadbasic status: ██
              oxykotton status: ██

Comment

• Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                As for system checking state, I'm pretty sure awakened form is not coded as a state.
                I'm sure it is. That's how the system know if you they are going to add or subtract awakening points. That's how the system disable your mage/archer/knight skills. You see, they managed to disable original skills and replace them with sylph skills, but lazy to just disable runes. I'm also sure the runes have been there, but disabling it doesnt need a complete change of codes. All they have to do is copy the part where "if awaken, add awaken points, change main skills" and add "if awaken, add awaken points, change main skills, disable runes". Do they need a new set of codes for anything i've said? No. Disabling runes are works of amnesia already, theres clearly a function/syntax for that. They just lazy at modifying code, they just modify the interface instead and covered the runes part.
                Last edited by mageheal50; 02-06-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                  I'm sure it is. That's how the system know if you they are going to add or subtract awakening points. That's how the system disable your mage/archer/knight skills. You see, they managed to disable original skills and replace them with sylph skills, but lazy to just disable runes. I'm also sure the runes have been there, but disabling it doesnt need a complete change of codes. All they have to do is copy the part where "if awaken, add awaken points, change main skills" and add "if awaken, add awaken points, change main skills, disable runes". Do they need a new set of codes for anything i've said? No. Disabling runes are works of amnesia already, theres clearly a function/syntax for that. They just lazy at modifying code, they just modify the interface instead and covered the runes part.
                  Lazy or not (i'm glad that we can do this, gives more options for a strat for CW) :P.
                  IGN: Jacko
                  Server: Kabam S24
                  Guild: Genesis
                  Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

Working...
                  X